VR-Raiden

[Xrd] Sol Badguy Combo Thread

CH 6P -> 2S whiff into dash routes used to be the go-to, IIRC.

For midscreen WT routes, there's a video from Sendu that goes over how to convert midscreen to a corner carry on every character, but they're a little tricky sometimes. Mainly you do WT, GF, then either dash j.D, j.D, or dash j.K -> JC j.D, j.D. Pretty cool stuff.

To clarify on CH 6P > 2S (whiff), 2S's entire duration is shorter than the remaining frames on 6P, so it makes dash conversions slightly easier than just waiting it out so long as you input 2S quickly enough. In Xrd, you can also opt to perform Bandit Revolver, which will whiff and land you right underneath the falling opponent.

CH 6P -> 2S whiff into dash routes used to be the go-to, IIRC.

For midscreen WT routes, there's a video from Sendu that goes over how to convert midscreen to a corner carry on every character, but they're a little tricky sometimes. Mainly you do WT, GF, then either dash j.D, j.D, or dash j.K -> JC j.D, j.D. Pretty cool stuff.

Linky!

About ch 6p, you can also gunflame, IAD stuff into combos for fun damage!

About ch 6p, you can also gunflame, IAD stuff into combos for fun damage!

I find this to be the most reliable source of damage.

Against heavy characters: CH 6P, GF > iad.K, j.S, j.D > Fafnir > dash 6P, HS, jc.D > Break > HSVV > TO

Against light characters: CH 6P, GF > iad.K, j.S, j.D > dash j.K, j.D, jc.D > Break > HSVV > TO

Linky!

Check vid thread, first post, combo vids. I think all Sendu vids are in there by now. Looking at it again we may need to add some others but his should be there.

WT > delay dash j.D corner carry routes fail on Elphelt, Ky, Millia, Zato last I checked. And it's harder or easier depending on character for the rest I believe.

WT > GF > dash j.D/j.K is universal I think, but less corner carry. Dash j.D is tight here but j.K isn't bad.

I've been fucking around lately with DI GF > BB loops. It does a significant amount of damage because both specials deal base 50, and generally combo into each other at combo counts below 7 or so, depending on the starter/how much RISC gets depleted early. All of these combos are assuming you're doing a full duration DI from or near the start of its activation.

Midscreen:

DI GF (YRC), dash BB |> GF, BB |> delay GF, BB |> slight delay GF, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB. [304 damage on Sol]

DI GF (YRC), dash j.H > Kudakero |> GF, BB |> BB |> dash 2H, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB. [~240 damage on Sol, works from further away from the corner]

DI HVV (RC), backdash, Respect > BB >| BB |> GF, BB |> delay GF, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB. [328 damage on Sol]

In corner:

DI GF (YRC optional), dash BB |> GF, BB |> delay GF, BB |> slight delay GF, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB. [304 damage on Sol, regardless of YRC]

DI HVV (RC), Respect > Respect > GF, BB |> GF, BB |> delay GF, BB |> slight delay GF, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB. [333 damage on Sol]

(double respect isn't a typo. You have a massive amount of time to delay the HVV (RC) into the gunflame. Lighter characters require even more of a delay, so do double respect into a delay GF. You can generally also do GF (feint) to GF, or even GF to GF, since the first one will whiff if you're that deep in the corner).

Cornered:

DI HVV (RC), run under, Respect > GF, BB |> GF, BB |> delay GF, BB |> slight delay GF, j.D (JC) j.D > PBB [333 damage on Sol]

Notes:

-The timing for GF to BB is pretty strict. The (supposed) input buffer makes this a little easier, but you generally want the BB out as soon as GF recovers.

-DI GF (YRC) works because if you YRC right before the hit makes contact, the YRC starts (6f startup), but GF will hit the opponent during the startup and before the timeslow. This thus ignores the forced prorate associated with RC timeslow, because the projectile hits before the timeslow actually starts.

Additionally, comboing into the following BB for full damage works because YRC slowdown lasts less time than regular RC. You're getting the same amount of hitstun without having to wait for timeslow to end to get past the forced slowdown proration. A friend of mine noticed this since he plays Ino, and gets high damage nearly 2/3rds a screen away with HCL (YRC). 25 meter for 250+ damage.

-Dash BB is done by performing 236[6]~[K]. This allows you to get a good burst of distance before throwing out the BB, instead of being overlapped by WT if you simply do 66236K.

-Delay GF is important, as if they're hit while already airborne, they'll usually be too high for the BB to connect unless you hit them around Sol's gut or waist level.

-There's another cornered variation involving dash BB launching behind Sol, and I've gotten it to work on some midweights, but haven't tested it enough to get anything conclusive for it.

Something else stupid to consider is Oki RS (YRC). If you YRC right as you leave the ground, Sol will vault backwards without ever actually going up to the wall, instead flying back down the ground. What's good about this is that you can cancel the momentum with an airdash or double jump. I have used this countless times to bait and punish wakeup throw attempts, and even though it can probably get really predictable, mixing this in with the newly considered "backdash YRC j.S in DI" and "naked YRC low" mixups, I feel this could work as a nice, if gimmicky option.

I'm trying to figure out this Zato only fuzzy of j.S (jc) j.K j.S j.HS. I'm trying to do it off BR knockdown but the j.HS seems random as anything whether it hits correctly - usually I get pushed out too far to get both hits of j.HS. If I can figure out how to get the fuzzy consistently, I figure this would be extremely cheap against Zato. I can confirm the j.K j.S into a Volcanic Viper, but I don't think you get anything off it besides a knockdown. j.D seems useless here. I've tried j.S (jc) j.P j.S j.HS, and that doesn't seem to work. Any advice?

I need to look at this again because I had similar issues. I believe it has to do with delaying the j.S ever so slightly but not sure. Either that or delaying slightly after j.S. I did get j.D to combo after the j.K > j.S, which should lead to best combos, but if I recall it was tighter. Gonna revisit this.

Oh and to clarify I know this stuff works with dashing momentum but not sure without it. The fuzzy j.K > j.S hits but I don't remember trying the j.HS/j.D without it.

EDIT:

Did look at this again and it's only gonna allow j.D to combo with dash jump. And delay slightly after j.K helps. I couldn't get j.D on normal jump, and j.HS only hit with 2nd hit. So this is definitely much stronger in corner where dash jump is more realistic.

Edited by VR-Raiden

From inverted start position (jump over the dummy), you can get a full corner combo off 2D GF RC, at least against characters that j.d j.d Fafnir works on midscreen.

2D > GF RRC > far/cl.S > Bandit Bringer (Gunflame hits) > (Bandit Bringer Hits) > run j.D j.D > Fafnir > Dash 6P > j.D Break > 6P > (delayed) Bandit Revolver = 206 damage on Sol.

Although it's an interesting option, for the same price you can net a little extra damage with a different combo:

K (1 hit), c.S, HS, jump install GV (RC), air backdash > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir > c.S, HS, HSVV > TO [208 dmg on Slayer, so it'll probably do a tiny bit more on Sol]  

Swag 2D RRC combo: 2D GF > RRC > 2HS (Gunflame hits) GF > run j.K j.D (JC)> j.S j.D > HSVV > Knockdown = 185 damage

Possibly useful combo route after VV RRC: HS VV (1 hit) > RRC > Gunflame > Gunflame > 2HS (JC) > j.D j.D > run j.S j.D (JC) > j.S j.D > Break > 6P > BR = 213 damage

That combo requires you to not have dash momentum and to be rather close to the corner.

That did more damage than HS VV (1 hit) > RRC > Gunflame > j.D j.D > j.D j.D > Fanfir > 6P 5HS (JC) > j.D Break > 6P > (delayed BR) = 205 damage

Although it's an interesting option, for the same price you can net a little extra damage with a different combo:

K (1 hit), c.S, HS, jump install GV (RC), air backdash > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir > c.S, HS, HSVV > TO [208 dmg on Slayer, so it'll probably do a tiny bit more on Sol]

That doesn't work from the position I mentioned in my first post (inverted start position) because GV doesn't have as much corner push. Also, the GF RRC can start off a low (2D). Besides, you can get more damage off GV starter with K (1 hit), c.S, HS, jump install GV (RC), air backdash > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir > Gunflame > HSVV > Knockdown = 225 damage on Sol

Yo, anyone else wanna give me advice on how to do these jump cancel -> instant airdash combos?

I have no idea how this player is able to get 2HS -> instant airdash so low to the ground. I feel like the input buffer is very strict and won't let me airdash low to the ground. The game also won't let me buffer the 96 instant airdash when I'm jump cancelling out of the move.

I can't tell if he is superjumping or not or what difference that makes.

Basically when I try this combo they're able to tech out before my jab hits, or my airdash is just too late.

Anyone know what's going on?

Yo, anyone else wanna give me advice on how to do these jump cancel -> instant airdash combos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK_dPeybKlE#t=9m38s

I have no idea how this player is able to get 2HS -> instant airdash so low to the ground. I feel like the input buffer is very strict and won't let me airdash low to the ground. The game also won't let me buffer the 96 instant airdash when I'm jump cancelling out of the move.

I can't tell if he is superjumping or not or what difference that makes.

Basically when I try this combo they're able to tech out before my jab hits, or my airdash is just too late.

Anyone know what's going on?

You don't have to super jump to combo 2HS IAD j.P. A super jump can make it possible to connect HS IAD j.K, so I assume that it would make the j.P easier. If your j.P isn't comboing, your IAD was probably too late.

You have to time the 956 to when the hitstop from the HS is over. You can also do 966, but you still have to time the air dash input. It's just a hard combo.

Here's a combo for when you just run out of DI and manage to land a Wild Throw with 50% tension, should work on everyone:

WT > RRC > 5K > 2HS > JC > j.S > JC > j.S > j.HS > VV > TO

Also a DI combo from Wild Throw that works anywhere: WT > DI > 2HS > JC > j.S > JC > j.S > j.HS > Kudakero > dash in 6P > slight delay 5HS > j.D > Kudakero > Kudakero > GF > j.D > Kudakero > Tyrant Rave. The Tyrant Rave has slight timing differences between characters to allow a safe exit from DI. Doesn't work on Venom and Zato.

Video example of the combos at the last 30 seconds, http://youtu.be/KQktWFud9xE

I tried to optimize some combos on air HS VV RRC against Sol. I did two different versions because these are character specific. The first one should work on any character that BB > Fafnir > BB works, and the second should work on light characters. Neither seems to work on Ky because he's too damn flat when being juggled. So I just showed how much damage it does when you end with HS VV instead of Break > 6P BR.

(CH only)

air HS VV > RRC > Gunflame > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir > Bandit Bringer > dash 2HS (jc) > j.D > Break > 6P > Bandit Revolver = 259 damage on Sol 

air HS VV > RRC > Gunflame > Bandit Bringer > dash 5HS > j.D j.D > dash j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > Break > 6P > Bandit Revolver = 253 damage on Sol 

air HS VV > RRC > Gunflame > Bandit Bringer > dash 5HS > j.D j.D > dash j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D> HS VV > Knockdown = 249 damage on Sol

The above combo evades RRC scaling by hitting after the timeslow ends.

Midscreen, converting off a non-CH air HS VV RRC is weird. You don't have enough untech time to evade the RRC scaling. You seriously might only get air HS VV > RRC > walk backwards > run j.S j.D (jc) > j.S j.D > HS VV > Knockdown = 143 damage on Sol

If you somehow don't CH but hit them in the corner, you can react and do air HS VV > RRC > Bandit Bringer > Fafnir > Bandit Bringer > dash 2HS (jc) >  j.D > Break > 6P > Bandit Revolver = 211 damage on Sol

Optimal combos for delayed Bandit Revolver knockdown (shout outs to VR-Raiden for suggesting 2 reps into Fafnir, works on just about everyone and easier to connect).

5K > 6P > 5HS > j.D > falling j.D > j.D > falling j.D > Fafnir > 6P > delayed 5HS > BR. 196/32% Damage/Tension gain, does not work on Ino, May and Millia due to Fafnir whiffing. Another thing to note is that with Faust you must dash in as deep as possible after landing Fafnir to then 6P and immediately 5HS into Bandit Revolver.

For Ino, May and Millia use 5K > 6P > 5HS > j.D > falling j.D > dash jump j.D > falling j.D > forward jump j.D > Kudakero > 6P > delayed 5HS > BR. 192/34% Damage/Tension gain. Delaying the last j.D as much as possible helps to connect Kudakero properly.

Does anyone know how to convert off non CH anti air 6P in the corner? It happens fairly frequently when I frame trap with it and people hold up back, but they're usually really high. I'm leaving for Frosty Faustings in 1.5 hours or I'd figure it out myself. Thanks.

Couldn't you go into 2HS if they are fairly high up and go for a regular air combo into VV?

Can't really test at the moment but it should be possible.

I typically do something like 6P > delay 2HS (JC) > j.D (JC) > j.D, falling j.D |> dash j.K > j.D (JC) > j.D > VV. Last part can change around a bit to ensure TO hits. Something like dash j.D (JC) > j.HS(1) > VV, was just seeing that on I-no a lot watching vids earlier.

Good luck at FF by the way, wish I could've made it.

This is going to be a weird question, so feel free to skip it but, is there a standardized way to get the most reps of dustloops possible?  I have decided that when I get back stateside with the game, I am just going to do a fuckton of dustloops because I have wanted that for 10 years now.  Anyone feel like giving me a starting point with optimal routes ect?  I know all the machiboo stuff that runs to fafnir, but I only want to use the farnir if it does not remove more dustloops!

Like, ok the way I see it there are a few types (I'm sure clayton will be able to help here).

Double jump dustloops, can I link these back to normal ones.  The superjump d, falling K D, does this one have to be running, can I use it after normal dustloops are finished?  You guys have helped me out with running dustloops from wild throw which I am excited to learn.  Anything else?  Maximum number of dustloop machine go!

If you are doing DL reps, unless fighting light characters, you are doing something wrong.

The more you avoid j.D, and 6P, the more damage you are going to squeeze out of your combos.

Actually, my favorite combos are Sendu's where there are no Dloops, and he just strings a bunch of specials together. Best damage AND they look cool. :)

I need this! Source pls? :oo

Hi,

I've got some difficulties with the first combo here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyAUjDDNSwE

5K>6P>5H>hj ad

Is there a trick to correctly do it ? What i'm doing right now is inputting 8 into 5H move, then ad. I don't know how to high jump in combo.

It's tricky and takes practice. You need to input the jump cancel and high jump airdash during the hitstop of 5HS. Then ever so slightly delay the j.K input, it can't come out immediately from airdash. My personal favorite weird input is 1478956. Others like 36956. In reality all you'd need is something like 1956 but I think rolling around makes it easier to input quickly. Practice with j.P first then learn j.K timing.

Max dustloop rep stuff, the old Bonchan combo vid had some of that. Check vid thread or 2nd post in here.

Sendu vids are linked in vid thread, 1st post combo vids, you can get to his channel from there.