Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

Yep. you always need meter to get anything good off of Raiei.

Yep. you always need meter to get anything good off of Raiei.

Well, landing a counterhit with it is a free air combo in xrd (it ground bounces now), but yeah, its super unsafe on anything else.

Hm, something else to play with.  I'm not sure how effective this is, but I've had a few times where I've accidentially activated Rashounen instead of jump canceling 2s into an air combo, only to have the opponent neutral tech (or if in the corner backwards) and land into the rashounen.

Edit: Apparently its +1 on block, who knew?

So since it's been announced that characters are getting re-balanced. What kinds of buffs would you like for Axl? Here's my list of things I would like to see.

Chain Throw Normals: I think the Recovery Frames could be tweaked a bit. The speed of the chain it's self should come out slightly faster as well.

5K: its currently -3 I think putting it as -1 or -2 would greatly help us out in terms of keeping pressure.

2K: being +1 or even just 0 I think would also help Axl out.

Sickle Flash: I personally think that all versions of this move need to knockdown.

Spindle Spinner: Our Command throw. The start up on this move is insane. This move is great in some cases but the start up I think need to be reworked so we can use it more often.

Stance: Our stance is useless against people who know all you have to do is hit us out of it. I think changing stance into a projectile will make this move good. In it's current state you either have to combo into it which resets neutral or use it against people who don't have a clue.

Here's some thing I want but may actually be considered OP. Give our chain normals the ability to cancel out projectiles.

Well thats my list. Whats yours?  

Stance works fine for me even against people who know what to do against it because you can mess with their heads and get some free block damage or reduce their tension if they use faultless defense. I don't use it much, but it usually helps. Making it a projectile would make it OP

Here's the Axl changelog:

http://ggxrd.com/locatest.pdf

5P - the hitbox is increased.

Sickle Flash ([4]6S) - increased untech time, no longer knocks down; the projectile comes out even if you YRC on its start-up; added first-hit proration; the follow-up input can now be done sooner.

Artemis Hunter (623S) - the input priority is now higher than Sickle Flash's; the hit stop is increased.

Heaven Can Wait (214P/K) - both versions can now be YRC'd on start-up.

Sparrowhawk Stance - Up (63214HS > P) - the hitbox is increased.

Sparrowhawk Stance - Mid (63214HS > K) - the hitbox is increased downwards; the hurtbox on start-up is increased and stays during

recovery.

Sparrowhawk Stance - High (63214HS > S) - the hit hurtbox on start-up is reduced, while hurtbox during recovery is increased; added first-hit proration.

Yeah, people pointed that one out to me already, and I'm not sure what it means, myself. It literally says that it "takes away the knockdown"; maybe it hits OTG and lets them recover?

Now axl has some brand new oki, I'm really excited to see how this plays out. And I'm excited about the dp bug too.

DP bug? Do you mind pointing me to a reference?

Yup. Looking forward to actually getting Oki when I tag Ky or Leo out of throwing fireballs full screen again.

You know, like this character is supposed to work.

But what's really buff and what Axl has *never* had before is a REAL PROJECTILE YRC.

I don't think we've fully grasped how fuckin' buff this is. Even in XX/AC/+R, FRCing rensen meant you lose the hitbox, it goes away, it doesn't kill projectiles, it doesn't beat people for running, etc. It was fine because you could FRC after hitting them, but now we can actually *run in with a rensen covering us*. Keep in mind that Rensen will beat out almost any other projectile in this game.

Add to that the fact that rensen startup is pretty low-profile and it starts looking pretty goddamn strong.

From Shoryuken article for Resengeki/Sickle Flash:

• Untechable time increased, now downs
  • When activating Yellow Roman Cancel immediately before start-up, the projectile still releases.

You mean we get guaranteed knockdowns off of call-outs / catching normals and (something better than) FRCs of Resengeki now? AND I get a good safe option with 25% while om nom nom-ing Ky/Sol/Faust/Bedman/Venom/pretty much everyone on ground game from far-mid range? (Among other uses.) In other words:

Fuck yeah, we back in this game.

Every other change is a bit meh. 5P extended hitbox was the second interesting thing I noted.

Also, general mechanic wise:

• Buffer reception time for button inputs, forward dash inputs, etc. has been extended.
  • Inputs for certain command moves such as Special Moves and Overdrive Attacks have been made easier.

...so anyone having trouble with or getting late Axl bombers might find/want to look for an easier/more efficient way to do their thing when patched.

Of course, we'll need to touch the game and/or analyze 1.1 play to say anything concrete, but my post is a post.

I really hope the 5 P and rensen changes stick. Those are awesome. The Haitaka changes are whatever (though it's hilarious how much it makes scrubs cry). Fingers crossed. I already found Axl to be OK in this game and this might give him a really nice push!

https://twitter.com/consomme0914/status/563147808522244096 and 

ラショウ 鎖の移動速度増加 持続を25から20に 硬直を41から33に ハイタカ ネガペナしにくく 百重 攻撃判定拡大して連続ヒットしやすく 最終段発生直前rcしたら最終段が出るように カイラギ (cont)

— コンソメ (@consomme0914)
are secret changes for axl, I can't really read all of it but I did notice far s has gatling to 2s and there's I think a hitbox buff too? 2h stagger time increase, some changes to j.d I couldn't read, rensen->2 followup faster?, rashousen moves faster and less recovery but less active, no negative penalty on stance, 2363214H super has some shit to do with something being easier and some rc change, and shark strike got mad fast (7+3 to 3+2) and a damage buff.