Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

Looks like since axl lost his

rensengeki yrc no ine cares about him much..

Rensen and 2H CH knocking down are pretty nifty, but they just make him better at his current game plan, not create while new tactics like the Rensen YRC would have so there isn't much to discuss.

Give us the 2D follow-up to 2H and you'll see some excitement, or some new tech with the wallsplat j.D and we'll talk

I agree. If you play him more defensively than your average gg char and learn to pick your spots when you start to get aggressive, then he's pretty decent. It's all about controlling their ground approach and catching their jump in.

Just because people aren't saying anything (Because frankly there isn't much to discuss until next loketest) doesn't mean you need to make empty shitposts every couple of days. At least come up with a talking point.

Hopefully 2hs on ch change will mean more consistent rewards on rc confirm. Right now you can get iad jH jD into w/e but only at a very specific range, so getting consistent tk bomber loop near corner would be pretty nice if you need the damage.

Just because people aren't saying anything (Because frankly there isn't much to discuss until next loketest) doesn't mean you need to make empty shitposts every couple of days. At least come up with a talking point.

Hopefully 2hs on ch change will mean more consistent rewards on rc confirm. Right now you can get iad jH jD into w/e but only at a very specific range, so getting consistent tk bomber loop near corner would be pretty nice if you need the damage.

Wasn't the third loketest yesterday? Has anyone tweeted out changes to Axl yet?

It'll be going on for a week I think, so sooner or later something useful will come up.

fingers crossed for rensen yrc

Rensen Beam is a new Rensen followup or something? No idea yet.

https://twitter.com/damusyuuto/status/573491029766115328

Shuuto's observations on what happens after RENSEN Beam

• Big increase in RISC gauge
  • In corner, can rarely get an air combo
  • Eats enemy projectiles
  • Drains tons of tension on Air FD
  • 2S and 6K hit less on airborne opponent (not sure what this means)
  • Ogawa "Rensen Beam - enemy dies"

https://twitter.com/damusyuuto/status/573493077655998465

You can YRC Rensen to an extent, it's easy to confirm 6K/2S during the slow. You can do RENSEN Beam from Rensen (YRC Rensen probably)

The loketest will last about a week by the way

Axl chat active!

And FU. There's only about 4 axl playes left on psn

and im sticking to him regardless

you Internet ppl need to get on ot and post some loktest footage for the rest of us that play the character!

If i offend anyone ... sry bout that m8ts its axl were talking about and a video game not your mommas apple pie

relax Axl fellow, every tweeter users i saw said the 3 characters got stronger after the patch are Axl,Pot and Slayer. Your hope for Rensen YRC is real =)))

OMG, hahahaha, that first link. I was NOT ready. Made me laugh wayyyyy more than it should've. 

This is superrrrrrrrr interesting. Sounds a bit ridiculous so I wonder if it was an adjustment made after the YRC of the 1st test. On one hand, much like a concept car, I'm expecting most of the more interesting changes to not make it through. On the otherhand, this makes me curious as to what's happened to other characters. Time to lurk the other threads methinks.

2S and 2K hitting less? smaller hitbox? less hit stun?  Less can't be too good regardless when it comes to Axl's staple combo starter/filler.

Not being in JP really adds to the anxiety of waiting for news.

Holy shit that range. I thought the animation would get cut short just like FRC Rensen.

This is beautiful.

Really neat adjustments. Faster Rensen 8 and 2, no lag in any SS attacks, and DAMN, that YCR. It even goes through bigger projectiles (wait, was it always able too?). I appreciate the knockdown on 2H now, but I wonder if you can still follow that up with anything.

Loving the YRC Rensen Buff <3

Rensen absorbs projectiles. It takes out a hits out of Rensen 3 hits. I think in that 2nd video, he managed to hit Venom before Dark Angel was completely out. Dark Angel can definitely absorb all of Rensen's hits unless you throw out Rensen faster.

Wasn't sure that I wasn't going to like 2H counter hit, but it looks alright. It vacuums and knockdowns, puts Axl in good position. Still rather have 2H>2D gatling back.

2H second hit seems to be doing the knockdown part while the first hit still staggers, so counter hit 2H>5D confirm should still work?