Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

The f.S into 2S link works great off a 3P counter because of the f.S gatling off of 3P. Very easy confirm now and more reliable from greater range. First time posting here so might as well add Axl is looking good and I'm super excited.

*Edit f.S into 2S *gatling*

It's /so/ good. Now you also get full throw combos in the corner if for some reason your c.S becomes a f.S

One of the smarter changes Axl got for sure. How are j.D and CH 2H looking? Haven't gotten my hands on it yet. D:

J.D doesn't have much of a use. If you can 6h and then yrc  and then J.D you can get a wall stick in a corner for a short combo. And using J.D in a dust in the corner will get them stuck on the wall but I'm not sure how useful that is.  CH 2H is nice for getting in closer to keepaway characters at least for me.

Fuuuuuck, I'm tempted to leave work citing illness just so I can go play.

We can only go up from here

AHHHHHHh... I wanna do that!

Jeez, this Rasen YRC is so demanding. You have to hit it at the right time the opponent recovers guard or else RRC.

A good way to go about this is trying to push your opponent as far as you can just so you can get Rensen's travel time create a YRC gap for you. point blank examples:-

5K > c.S > 2P > Rensen YRC (easiest by far)

5K > 3P > 2D > Rensen YRC  (start charging after inputting 3P)

5K > c.S > f.S > Rensen YRC

5K > c.S > f.S > Rensen YRC

That's what I started using over and over again. The distance between you and the opponent during the block string also plays a factor.

Distance and Block type (IB & FD) play a huge factor in this. Try experimenting with everything.

Also, that string seems to have the smallest gap so far.

All the changes, besides Benten, are great. Can't really decide which one I like the most - f.S - 2S or Rensen knockdown.

anyone notice anything about 2D? or is it still the same?

I HAVE FOUND A USE FOR J.D WALLSTICK!

If you land one as a counter hit in the corner you can do another one then go into 5P 6K 2S SJC J.HS J.D Bomber (204 damage)

I don't have the Bomber loops down, but I'll give it a shot and see what I can do there; it most certainly will do even more damage. So yeah, not much :(

Edit: Messing around with doing it after a 2H in the corner, as you have enough time to jump in after the second hit. Not doing more than dust so far. Going to see if I can get anything off an RC Artemis into j.D wallstick. Success! Getting ~7 more damage off a basic combo!

If you land one as a counter hit in the corner you can do another one then go into 5A 6K 2S SJC J.HS J.D Bomber (204 damage)

By 5A you mean 5P, yes?

I HAVE FOUND A USE FOR J.D WALLSTICK!

If you land one as a counter hit in the corner you can do another one then go into 5P 6K 2S SJC J.HS J.D Bomber (204 damage)

I don't have the Bomber loops down, but I'll give it a shot and see what I can do there; it most certainly will do even more damage. So yeah, not much :(

Edit: Messing around with doing it after a 2H in the corner, as you have enough time to jump in after the second hit. Not doing more than dust so far. Going to see if I can get anything off an RC Artemis into j.D wallstick. Success! Getting ~7 more damage off a basic combo!

You'll really want to learn the loops. Baf0 sent me a video on throw loops and I spent a day practicing it on both p1 and p2 side to clean up my input just to make sure for tournament play. I can get it about 95% of the time now and it's definitely important to learn.

4+Throw > c.S > TK Bomber > c.S > TK Bomber > c.S > 2S > TK Bomber > 5K > 2S > TK Bomber on Elphelt (You'll be facing a lot of Elphelts so this one is definitely worth practicing). The reason TK Bomber is important is because you're closer on the ground when you land and generally get better oki, especially in the corner.

You'll really want to learn the loops. Baf0 sent me a video on throw loops and I spent a day practicing it on both p1 and p2 side to clean up my input just to make sure for tournament play. I can get it about 95% of the time now and it's definitely important to learn.

4+Throw > c.S > TK Bomber > c.S > TK Bomber > c.S > 2S > TK Bomber > 5K > 2S > TK Bomber on Elphelt (You'll be facing a lot of Elphelts so this one is definitely worth practicing). The reason TK Bomber is important is because you're closer on the ground when you land and generally get better oki, especially in the corner.

What input are you using for TK Bomber? I've messed around with 6283 and 6321473, but the former tends to be a bit iffy and I get Sparrowhawk too often on the latter.

Same combo off a 6H counterhit?

https://youtu.be/MhJvIvB5X4I