Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

Seems a few folk are having trouble with the IAD. Assuming its off of Rensen~8, RC > Delay > IAD > jD  as late as possible. It's also height-dependent.

The new BLE video has Benten RC combos. if you can get more comfortable with that instead of Rensen, you'll get more corner carry and a bit more damage.

Also, Kedako just posted 1.1 frame data. http://mayjunkie.web.fc2.com/axl_flame.txt

The new BLE video has Benten RC combos. if you can get more comfortable with that instead of Rensen, you'll get more corner carry and a bit more damage.

Also, Kedako just posted 1.1 frame data. http://mayjunkie.web.fc2.com/axl_flame.txt

Still the same concept though. If you watch carefully, he delays the IAD slightly, does it, then does jD as late as he can. It's really not that hard, IMO. You can feel it out in like 10 minutes of lab and you're good.

Also this txt file shows up as gibberish for me even with the JP Language pack installed for Windows. I updated the the frame data for 1.1 a couple days ago but if anyone can help me so this isn't in gibberish, I can double check all the information so it's correct.

If it's showing up garbled, change the encoding settings to a Japanese encoding (Shift_JIS, for example). From there, you should also be able to manually translate or have your browser translate for you if you want.

50/50 mix-up options. People should check this one out. I tested it and can vouch for it. It's really scary pressure vs. characters that don't have many defensive options. Can I post it on the wiki as well?

Oh god. I feel like FAB is the video-game incarnation of Spartacus :gonk:

What's the timing for the backdash YRC jK?

I got it a few times but I'm uncertain what the timing is.

I'm talking about this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=xGWob8_cXSM

And sorry guys I failed and posted in the video thread on accident ..

What's the timing for the backdash YRC jK?

I got it a few times but I'm uncertain what the timing is.

I'm talking about this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=xGWob8_cXSM

And sorry guys I failed and posted in the video thread on accident ..

You have to input it almost immediately so that the start-up and active frames of j.K last long enough before you hit the ground. If it looks like you're animating but it doesn't come out, you're doing the YRC too late. If you can't do it, don't worry about it; there are more important things to practice on Axl anyways.

does 5K have a higher vertical hitbox than c.S?

5K? I sincerely don't believe so. I can check when I get home though.  Mid-attack of c.S Axl has the sickle nearly over his head (I think the frame that's is captured in the screen shot is from the beginning of the attack.)

596px-GGXRD_Axl_5K.png693px-GGXRD_Axl_c.S.png

Okay. Maybe the 1 frame faster start-up on 5K is why I can catch people on certain parts of Bomber loop. Also how far does his hurtbox extend on his chain normals? 

1. You're *definitely* catching people with 5K because it's faster. That's the only reason 5K ever needs to be in combos.

2. Pretty close to all the way on most of them. 2S and 5P are shorter than hitbox by a decent amount, but 6K, 2P, j.S, and j6P are pretty close to 1-1 (I think all of them are slightly longer hitbox than hurtbox)

School and work have been eating a ton of my time, but I try to make it out when I can!

I wish metsu monday had a stream ;-;

Khaos streamed the last Rose City Rumble and I got on stream, but it was during combo breaker so probably not a lot of people saw it

Is this a thing? (Shortening stance startup with YRC slowdown i.e: raw YRC > stance )

It works but like... why do I care? Any situation where it's actually advantageous to be in stance is oki IMO, and you have plenty of time there. Any situation I'd do YRC stance in e.g. neutral would be better to get YRC (Run up) 6K or something

Yup. It's waste of meter imo, but i guess it's something to keep in mind for full-screen punishes? (i.e when they're out of Rensen range.)

Do we have any Axl-heads in Japan that can report in on the location test? Or, has anyone seen anything on twitter? I know that it was stated that there were "no balance changes" buuuut people have reported seeing/feeling slight differences in other characters. Additionally, I'm interested to see if Axl's Burst OD has any special properties.

Do we have any Axl-heads in Japan that can report in on the location test? Or, has anyone seen anything on twitter? I know that it was stated that there were "no balance changes" buuuut people have reported seeing/feeling slight differences in other characters. Additionally, I'm interested to see if Axl's Burst OD has any special properties.

Nothing in the twitterverse so far, but we're keeping an eye out. Only a couple Burst ODs have had property changes but nothing significant so far.

Hey! The wiki has been kind of lacking so I wrote a little bit of a spiel on the strategy section. Check it out! Give me feedback and stuff.

Link for the lazy: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD/Axl_Low

Good write up! That last bit about FD is something that I have been slacking on and realized the immense strength of last night: https://youtu.be/m2PVilVITU4.  

A bit ago I went through and added a bit of info to address some of the patch changes. I feel that overall, his details should be adjusted to reflect patch changes.

Hey! The wiki has been kind of lacking so I wrote a little bit of a spiel on the strategy section. Check it out! Give me feedback and stuff.

I'm glad its coming together. I've been lazy with updating some of the combos with 1.1 stuff but honestly most of it is still relevant so it's not a big deal. I had a 1.0 write-up but maybe I should update it for 1.1.

What on earth happened to Yosuke? I remember him sitting at 18 dan a few weeks after 1.1 was release and now he's fallen to 14  :?:

Hey guys, kind off new Axl player here making steady progress. I'm having issues keeping it "tight" and keeping pressure with Axl, but I'm learning alot from your earlier posts. 

So two questions i haven't found any info on - if you guys have time to spend - is:  

- Whats the timing on Rensen YRC at the end of a blockstring? Say something simple as 2K, c5S, 2D - Rensen (YRC). Is it possible? I saw it in a couple of matches but can't get it right myself and end up spending a ton of meter...

- Any tips on set-ups involving recovery/air-recovery? I get the occasional combo after another player recovers early from say rensen(8) and such but there must be more options out there. 

Cheers 

I don't understand how other Axl players are coping with the invincibility that comes with air teching. It seems like every non-knockdown setup I try is a FREE combo for my opponent. I don't recall this being such a problem in GGXX

13 hours ago, 00000000 said:

I don't understand how other Axl players are coping with the invincibility that comes with air teching. It seems like every non-knockdown setup I try is a FREE combo for my opponent. I don't recall this being such a problem in GGXX

6P; this is the one time it's useful but it beats the hell out of most forward techs. If you're close enough you can also go for the air throw