Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

Loving the YRC Rensen Buff <3

Rensen absobs projectiles. It takes out a hits out of Rensen 3 hits. I think in that 2nd video, he managed to hit Venom before Dark Angel was completely out. Dark Angel can definitly absorb all of Rensen's hits unless you throw out Rensen faster.

Wasn't sure that I wasn't going to like 2H counter hit, but it looks alright. It vacuums and knockdowns, puts Axl in good position. Still rather have 2H>2D gatling back.

2H second hit seems to be doing the knockdown part while the first hit still staggers, so counter hit 2H>5D confirm should still work?

I've hit people through Dark Angel before though non 1.10 Axl has to wait for the chain to hit before attempting to cancel so if you are at the wrong distance then you'll hit Venom but Angel will hit you.  YRC Rensen solves that.

Is 5p that much better or does this player just use it more than one should (may be match up dependent due to VS Venom)?

Is 5p that much better or does this player just use it more than one should (may be match up dependent due to VS Venom)?

The very end of 5P hits crouching now.

Edit: Nvm. Venom landed into fuzzy 5P.

Are you sure that's not a fuzzy guard? I'd be surprised if it actually hits that low.

Rewatching the footage and it is actually a fuzzy. Venom landing into crouching made it seem like it hit.

Now I really wonder in what way they buffed 5P.

I think you're less likely to get bopped in the middle of it now but you still don't want to do it unless you have a knockdown of some sort, and really in the venom matchup I don't like being far away from him anyway. 

That rensen yrc tho.

That's the main Mikado stream, by the way. Really good to go through their archives if you care about their 3v3 tournaments. They will be streaming plenty over the coming weeks.

Mikado uploads to YouTube at the channel Goldenrody, if anybody cares.

When that particular stream started last night, I caught some Axl and Yousuke was right; j.D in the corner during the typical air series is definitely super awkward. It looks like you can go for a specific corner variation that actually utilizes the bind, but it doesn't seem to lead to knockdown (then again, it was just practice so the person who was playing Axl could be on to something).

Rensen beemu~

CH 2H seems cool. Wonder what you can get if you RC the first hit.

5P is something I would need to play with myself. Same with Haitaka.

Didn't see much of f.S > 2S, but I'm sure it will come with time.

So, a JP Twitch account recorded 10 hours of 1.10 play. http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/638680412

He/they spends the first large chunk of it playing practice mode (10 minute limit). Axl practice is at: 42:34 .  I haven't watched enough to find the matches.

Around 01:01:18, Slayer can easily beat out Axl's Sparrow Stance - Low with his 2P. I guess that nerf about the Hurtbox extending during start-up stuck around. We gotta be careful with that now.

That j.D walk stick is weird, but I guess we could use it to air crossup by just running under their wall stick recovery and just 2S em.

So, I started a new job and between this and Bloodborne, I've not been able to catch streams or catch up with Goldenrody uploads. How's 1.10 Axl been faring? Anyone seen anything cool?

The axl team matches are good but they're against millias so its l

hard to see axl dominate but! Still comes out on top. Rensen beam is good and quick . You have to be sure its going to hit after the yrc immideatly start running toward the ebemy to catch him .. because it does bush them back quite a bit

Was watching the Mikado stream on Friday night. Shuuto was playing quite a few rounds. Many of Axl's attacks seem faster overall which is great to me. Yeah, he still gets closed in on on one whiff but it seems like it's a smidge easier to poke at midrange. Shuuto used Sparoowhawk a LOT. Now, I don't find it to be a great move but I feel like now it's working closer to as originally intended which is to antagonize your opponent at full screen.While it is easier to hit the chain now, it doesn't seem to affect Axl all too much as the strikes seem to be considerably faster to do rapidly. Didn't really see any YRC Rensen but that might speak more for Shuuto's playstyle.

From what I can see, despite the level of play being beyond mine, Axl looks much more complete now.

Not sure if anyone knows who I am but...

I just got back from my JP adventures and played a good amount of axl the time I was there. I can answer some questions about 1.1 axl if there are any :i.

I actually have three questions for you.

Is 5P noticeably different while playing? If so, does it significantly impact how you press buttons or make decisions at that range (or maybe a little closer)?

Regarding j.D wallstick, I think it's weird, apparently Yousuke thinks it's weird, it looks weird, it's weird...but what do you think? It looks like it makes the traditional air series into Bomber wonky, but there may be some j.D specific low altitude wallstick routes that we'll need to find (or that 1.1 players have already found). How are you feeling about the move?

I know it's a bit early for this particular question, but how do you feel Axl's matchups have shifted, if at all? Slayer, I-No and May are some matchups that I'm interested in particularly.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone knows who I am but...

I just got back from my JP adventures and played a good amount of axl the time I was there. I can answer some questions about 1.1 axl if there are any :i.

Does Axl feel any more, well, reliable? From what I've seen, his attacks seem a bit quicker (thankfully) and JP players don't seem to have much trouble getting ranged hits to connect.  I only ask because I currently whiff a ton with Axl in many situations where I feel I should be hitting but the angle seems to be just off by enough for me to miss. It could just be my lack of ability though.

How did you fare before and after? Does the game, seem any different?

@yannick 5p feels better it seems to hit a little farther than it did in this current ver. but not lower so most characters can still run under it. also j.d wall stick is a bit awkward and makes some combos drop, but it also leads to a full combo if you air to air and you're in the corner. 

@0 yes axl does feel a lot more reliable. having rensen come out a little bit quicker, hard knockdown, and being able to yrc helps a ton. I was playing at mikado arcade and was faring well against most players, except for the gods (fab, nage, etc..)

Anyone mind giving me a hand with the TK Bomber > c.S link on his Challenge 35? They always seem to tech no matter how close to the ground I am for TK Bomber.

EDIT: Nvm figured it out.

I'm suuuuuuper ready for this patch to come through. I don't believe it'll solve all of my problems but I feel that I'll be able to play confidently.

The f.S into 2S link works great off a 3P counter because of the f.S gatling off of 3P. Very easy confirm now and more reliable from greater range. First time posting here so might as well add Axl is looking good and I'm super excited.

*Edit f.S into 2S *gatling*