Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Gameplay Discussion

Well it happened in a match against brokentier .. i got him with one rashousen in the corner and wanted to catch him again with a second one and then he went for a wake up overdrive and BAM!

just sharing the properties of it that's all

So I've noticed that if you RC Rashousen the moment the chain hits them, it locks the  character into place for quite a while without actually exploding. The combo afterwards will not have any proration from the Rashousen hit.

Not sure how useful this bit of tech is, but maybe we could make some interesting gimmicks with it.

Guys whats up I need a little help with this I need to figure out something here this burst bait is legit but i need to figure out how he gets yrc instead of red. 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25087254

can anyone explain this and how to actually do it.

Its at about 37 seconds

Thats the yrc option select that everyone is clamoring about. When you have 25 to 49% tension you can input yrc during your hits and if they burst then you cancel the startup of whatever move you where doing.  

Raieisageki is amazing in this game, +1 on block, and if they jump you can YRC and airthrow.  If you YRC immediately after starting the move you maintain the momentum and go flying, but so far that just seems kind of gimmicky and I haven't found much use for it yet.  Also protip, properly spaced 3p can dp bait really well in this game.  I've baited ky dp (although you can also just low profile with 2k meaty) and I have seen sol dp clash with it allowing you to just block the followup hits - I doubt this will work against other reversals like the mighty benten, but I can't do any testing until my copy comes in.

So I was watching this video (at approximately 36:35) and I noticed that Axl got hit right after the super flash of Sickle Storm, which the wiki has as being fully invincible. Is the wiki wrong or what happened?

EDIT: Nevermind. I checked the vid again and it turned out to be Axl trying to DP a projectile that's active for forever, which I imagine is bad Guilty Gearz.

In theory, if you can make a rashousen hit meaty, is that unblockable? If yes, I'm gonna look for setups when I get the game.

I've been trying it but I can't get it to land meaty at all. Mind you I probably just suck, but it doesn't SEEM possible.

My guess is you have to do a combo which ends with TK bomber into knockdown, and throw it immediately after you land. Anything else doesn't give you enough time, but I don't have the game yet to test it out.

I've been trying it but I can't get it to land meaty at all. Mind you I probably just suck, but it doesn't SEEM possible.

Rashousen is a command throw now. You can't do meaty rashou since your opponent gets 9f of throw invul after wakeup

But if your opponent is in hellfire and Rashousen hits, you can RC it as soon as it lands which ends in a free instant kill  :psyduck:

Rashousen is a command throw now. You can't do meaty rashou since your opponent gets 9f of throw invul after wakeup

Yeah, I figured it must have been something like that cause I never got it to work

Not sure where to post it, but I tested the chip damage of the stance. Chip damage isn't affected by guts or damage modifier.

S - 2, 4, 6, 9, 13, 16.
K - 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24.

P - 6, 12, 18, 25, 31, 37.

Again asking about a matchup here since we don't have a dedicated thread (yet?): How do you guys handle the Zato matchup? I'm struggling to find what the best distance to fight him is, since the usual midscreen range can get infested by those drills in a hurry, yet I feel that overpowering him in neutral is the key to not letting him summon and run me over with Eddie stuff. What are the best tools for controlling neutral against him? Also, what are the best ways to keep him contained and not let him summon comfortably, especially once I gain advantage? 

Jump at him from afar and always attack.from the air with

j.s>6p .. and continue that string with 5p>rensengeki. . Thatll link.. if you can get the charge in time

Also if you catch him in a block string like

5.k.. 5.s .. 5.h.. 63214.s

just keep moving and dont let him gain momentum.. keeep the pressure up so hes forced to jump then your neutral game and catching him will be all so sweet

Jump at him from afar and always attack.from the air with

j.s>6p .. and continue that string with 5p>rensengeki. . Thatll link.. if you can get the charge in time

Also if you catch him in a block string like

5.k.. 5.s .. 5.h.. 63214.s

just keep moving and dont let him gain momentum.. keeep the pressure up so hes forced to jump then your neutral game and catching him will be all so sweet

Watched Yosuke play that matchup and what you wrote essentially transcribes how he won it. Thanks man! Imma work on it and try to improve in it. I was playing at the wrong range before. I was also getting greedy and hoping to land 6H into links on him (stupid I know). Gotta get that patience to find the right way to lock him down.