Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Gameplay Discussion

I assumed the frame data was on block not on hit.

The frame data is on block. Like I said in my post, you have to look at attack levels. The attack level of a move determines how much frame advantage you have on hit

sorry yusuke, didn't understand you were referring to on hit, as opposed to on block.

the calculation unfortunately doesn't work like this, boschio, and i don't know how to calculate the difference between on hit and block, but in many instances it's one frame:

close slash links into 5P (hits on F3) but not into another close slash (hits on F4). This is because it gives +2 on block already, and therefore +3 on hit.

close slash does link however into itself on crouch hit (+1 added frame of hit stun), but not into 5K (5F startup). Therefore, crouch hits add another frame of hitstun (just like the wiki says).

but...

first rekka actually gives advantage on hit, but only about 2 frames, since it can't link into 5P (hits on F3) except as a meaty.

The slight advantage is more noticeable when programmed in (chipp vs chipp, both chipps hold up after one of them connects rekka on hit or block).

if you block the rekka and both jump, they will land almost at the same time (right before landing, the chipp who blocked the rekka will have his foot touch the ground, while the other one doesn't). If you let the rekka hit and both jump, the delay will be more noticeable.

Ok we're on the same page now, its good to know that.....I was asking because after I would hit with a rekka this Elphet player would mash on 5S and beat my 2S consistently when I would try to frame trap him. I didn't think I was at a disadvantage glad that's cleared up. 

One more question I have, do you guys know if it's possible to get the "same character" color for player 1? it's the one where chipp wears dark blue and has blonde hair. Is it unlockable or what, I know it's not gameplay  important but I was curious. 

Thanks guys for all of your help too.

Nope,you can't unlock any of the same character colors. Witch sucks because some of them look really good.

Hey guys, I'm new to Chipp. I'm not sure how exactly I am supposed to use fast shuriken. I think I can use it in a similar way to how Millia uses pin but I'm curious if there are other uses I don't know about.

- try to use it while ascending, not descending, since it does not pause momentum like it used to

- snipe mini eddie with it

- use it to get in on potemkin

I know I have read Chipp has pretty poor pressure in general, but how is his corner lock-down in your guys' opinion?

I have been grinding out  623H RC combos to get corner Oki from anywhere on the screen, but I have zero confidence when the opponent blocks a safe jump. I feel like I wasted my RC as I lack the ability to keep them locked in the corner. My Chipp is sorry as fuck when it comes to intimidating people in neutral, even when they are cornered.

I know that I cannot rely on unsafe Oki, but I am struggling how to figure out how to oppress people with Chipp's safe Oki. The best I have come up with is leaf grab in a frame trap situation but it feels like a low level crutch at best when I am not confident in any other options.

FInally back from a long hiatus. I can't add much to the the corner oki because i have yet to delve deep into the corner hugging stuff, but in terms of pressure your tools are the same since reload (please dig back my old post lol). S© is your great friend, along with rekka or anything that gives you anything at/above -1 static difference. If you are dead close your 5k or s© can pretty much beat anything clean. If you are far your 2d beats alot of options and mixing it up with gamma blade rapes alot of charaters (sol's 2d for example). 6hs is also a very good tool to stop ppl getting out. And don't forget you have a DP (obviously there is 6p and 2hs but they sometimes get beat) for those jumpers. If it is a counter hit you should be able to follow up with a good combo without even meter. 

Didn't see the post about fast shuriken but it has to be used exactly like Millia's except that it's better as a neutral tool in this version. You can use it to safely get in against a lot of characters with IAD forward>fast shuriken>jH and will make it impossible to 6P him due to the shuriken hitting them first.
It's mostly something you will use to get in from long-range however so you will mostly see it being used against zoners or players that really want to play keep away against Chipp. It's generally a much safer option than Invisibility or teleport YRC.
It got two important weaknesses though.
-Gotta start every round with slow shuriken so opponent can keep track of when you can do it. Safest way in neutral to throw a slow shuriken is IAD back>slow shuriken a bit before landing. Do NOT use it as a zoning tool. It's very slow and got a massive recovery meaning you will be punished quite often. Can be done without a IAD back close to the ground against rushdown-heavy characters however due to the angle that can be quite obnoxious.

-IAD forward>Fast shuriken is pretty much the only way to get in while being protected by the fast shuriken. That's why any attempt to get in this way is quite obvious and most of the time against players worth their salt, it will be FD blocked with the following jH which will minimize your pressure options afterwards.

In other words, it's not something you can always rely on but rather something you want to throw once in a while. Just consider it to be one of the many options Chipp can use to get in. That's also something you can prepare at round start. IAD back>Slow Shuriken can't really be punished except by a few characters and even with that, they need a hard read.

-------------------------------

Anyway, you can see here Dora using Chipp's 214K. Looks like the change is that before, the amount of frames where you could be visible and invisible were totally random. Now, you become invisible for 1 second, visible for another one, then invisible for 1 second etc.

Dunno if at this point we can consider that to be a nerf or not.
Thing is that obviously, it nerfs it as a neutral tool but now, you can figure out when exactly you will be invisible and go for as much 50/50 as you want when before, you could be unlucky and have the visible frames kick in while you were attempting to mix the opponent up.

So, neutral nerf but pressure buff in my opinion.

Take two chipps into vs and have them do 214K at different times, you'll notice they will still matchup, the current invis is based on the timer

Any advice on how to consistently jump install off of 5P? For some reason I just can't do it consistently,which is odd since I have no problems doing with cS. I've been grinding it out in training mode but I was wondering if jump installing off of 5P is harder than doing it with cS or is the timing a bit different with 5P? Any advice is appreciated because I'm honestly starting to get a bit frustrated.

The higher the attack level of a move is, the bigger its hitstop will be.

Because 5P's attack level is lower than cS, the hitstop on 5P is also much shorter than cS meaning you have less time to input 5P>82H.

Unfortunately, there is no secret here. You just have to do it as fast as possible.

Take two chipps into vs and have them do 214K at different times, you'll notice they will still matchup, the current invis is based on the timer

Wait, what?! I'll have to try this out when I get home because if this is true, that makes taking advantage of Invisibility MUCH EASIER!

(In the mirror at least)

The higher the attack level of a move is, the bigger its hitstop will be.

Because 5P's attack level is lower than cS, the hitstop on 5P is also much shorter than cS meaning you have less time to input 5P>82H.

Unfortunately, there is no secret here. You just have to do it as fast as possible.

Yeah I figured that's why I have such a hard time doing it,thanks for the advice. I'll keep practicing it until I get down.

Quick question can anyone explain or post a video on how to air fdc

I just saw the 1st section on things you should know lol

https://youtu.be/DWQ7Jv_MKHI?t=50m40s

It's exactly how it's described in the first post

So when exactly is gamma blade supposed to be used? I know you can use it during pressure to catch mashing or to give yourself some advantage since it's +5 but I'm unsure of when since I don't think anything cancels into it. I've mostly been doing it after the first rekka. Also when should I be using it to OTG instead of doing FDC? They seem to serve the same purpose.

Guys i have another question. I've been watching a lot of chipp footage lately and noticed after wall alpha blade bnb. You can either teleport to the wall or iad to it. (I've seen Endou do both) is there one that is more effective or better?

And I've also noticed you can whiff command throw and wall cling. How do you do that

I need help...

I can't figure out how to do Chipp's FDC, I can only get a regular FD or j.2K... I know that the input is j.1[K]~...

Someone can tell me how to do the input more in detail?

Thanks...  

*New player obviously

EDIT : I just noticed someone asked about it too... 

I still need help... :(

Well the only thing I can say is to practice more. K than S, as fast as possible. It should feel like you press them at the same time, but S should be slightly after K.

Well the only thing I can say is to practice more. K than S, as fast as possible. It should feel like you press them at the same time, but S should be slightly after K.

I just came here to edit my previous post, I finally got it... I was really stupid, I did it good the whole time, I thought I wasn't because I couldn't confirm it...

All I had to do in order to confirm that I was doing it good was just replacing K with H and I noticed the differences, j.1~[H] stopped me further than j.1[K]~

I can't believe I haven't realized it before.

anyways thanks.

1.1 balance patch is out on consoles tomorrow. will post my impressions here over the weekend.

- 2S counter hit legitly links into 2D (!!)

- 22HS teleport is indeed faster! This means 3 things basically:

1.) can now combo into it from 2HS, which means we can use it strategically in combos to switch sides (closer to corner, further away etc.)

2.) more time for corner wallcling oki after 22HS

3.) more useful in neutral game.

EDIT:

- j.D counter hit is awesome now. shorter roll doesn't personally bother me, the fact that you can get safe knockdown, and can easily tell when exactly the slide ends, helps immensely.

- invisibility is more "fair" now towards our opponents, but i still think it's useful in the situations you have time for it (or simply with YRC).

overall i would say that the chipp changes, especially the 22HS change, are all great buffs.

some more stuff concerning his corner oki:

- the reduced startup of 22HS means you will be lower during the wall cling if you wall cling immediately. This means that his [228HS tele, wall cling, dive, airdash back j.HS 2 hits] combo is way harder to do at fastest timing, and only 1 hit of the j:HS will hit now. You can either go for this single hit if you like the setup as meaty as possible, or delay the wall cling to make chipp wall cling slightly higher, like pre-1.10, then you can do the airdash oki easier.

- additionally, the faster 22HS teleport means that after your corner BnB, wall cling > down dive > 2D can be done really meaty now, and your opponent can't jump out if he is a light- or middleweight (heavyweights can still jump out). In fact, you can do this setup so fast that the 2D will whiff completely on Ramletharl before she even wakes up, meaning you have to slightly delay the setup against lightweights, or after a particularly high knockdown.

- much in the same vein, you can go for the wall cling > let go of wall > crossup j.HS setup so early now, that it will actually not cross up and hit from the front. This might not be as useful as it sounds, since like in pre-1.10, your opponent can simply hold forward to defend against both of these options (the frontal j.HS will be so meaty that he can block it either way).

New Combos thanks to 2HS > 22HS now comboing:

vs ramletharl, 201+ dmg

- Corner 63214S, wall cling > down dash > dash, S>HS > j.S > dj.S > tj.D > alpha > wall cling > delay wall alpha > land > dash > S©(jump install) > S(f) > 2HS > 22HS > j.K,K,S, dj.K,K,K,K,,S, tj. S,HS(2),Beta(1)

you can subsitute the air combo part with more light hits and end with kunai super for ~ 235 damage, plus whatever you add on the ground (for example S,S, 236236K if you have 100%).