Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Gameplay Discussion

Probably doesn't help that the forum is always down, atleast when I check it. I'm personally not aware of any primers or tutorials. Anything specific you need input on? @SynikaL

This character looks really interesting, but people tell me that he's no very easy to use at a high level. Is this accurate? If so, then what should people who are new to the game get used to if they're considering playing him? 

So guys is there like a guide for how to go for the safe jump oki midscreen after a knockdown? Like, on Sol for example he can always VV reversal and hit me no matter what I do (high jump forward, or run up jump straight up). Is it not a safe jump on every character or something? Or am I doing something wrong? 

On 6/29/2015 at 11:32 AM, B.Z.B said:

I'll try to post up more as I think of them.  Always remember if you are worried about DPs you can time a YRC with their wakeup animation for a free pseudo safe jump setup (as it will garble their inputs).

Easiest way to test safe jumps: Record the setup in training as Chipp and then try to DP against it.

Sol (Against Fastest DP - 5 Frames)

• Any combo -> 2D 22P 9 j.HS
  • Wall Cling Oki -> IAD Wall Cling & Time the j.HS with his Recovery Animation - hit j.hs AS EARLY as possible to get his DP to wiff in the opposite direction
  • Corner: OTG 2K (doesn't tech) 22HS j.HS (this setup works against most of the cast - except chipp / sin / etc as you'll land before they getup)

Ky (Against Fastest DP - 8 Frames)

• Any combo -> 2D 22P Micro Dash 9 FDC Setup (including cross-ups) will beat his DP (as its mostly vertical)
    -Must ensure you are holding downback in the correct direction and react if the j.HS hits.  If you are at 2D's max range then don't go for a crossup
  • Wall Cling Oki: I'd be really careful (esp if he knows how to OS his DP) Ky's DP will not wiff if done the opposite way.  
    -For a safe jump 22HS timing - do it with his bounce off the ground (not when he HITS the ground, but bounces off of it)
  • Corner: OTG 2K (doesn't tech) 22HS j.HS

Leo (Against Fastest DP - 8 Frames)

• Any Combo -> 2D 22P Micro Dash 9 FDC Setup
    -He has a longer getup animation, I usually time my microdash when his head bounces up off the floor if you want to land in front of him
    -Time microdash SLIGHTLY earlier if you want a crossup (much harder to safe jump crossup)
  • Wall Cling Oki -> IAD Wall Cling & Time the j.HS with his Recovery Animation - hit j.hs AS EARLY as possible to get his DP to wiff in the opposite direction
    -For a safe jump 22HS timing see Ky's and wait an extra tick since leo takes longer to recover
  • Corner: OTG 2K (doesn't tech) 22HS j.HS

Two YRC option selects for neutral/dashing in with pokes.

6p then PKS will combo 6p into close slash or far slash on hit/block or yrc making your 6p whiff alot safer then just letting it recovery.

This will anti-air/counter poke high hitting normals that most other characters will throw out to stop you from getting in.(Ky's far slash, Leo's heavy slash, etc.)

2d then 236+PKS is to catch players standings and can combo into the corner wall cling alpha blade from almost half screen distance.It will make the 2d safer on whiff or to catch your opponent jumping.

note these will RRC on hit/block once past 50% meter.

5D's hitbox makes me sad.  Also interesting j.2k hitbox has so much space under it, if you wanted to throw it.  Now j.D's hitbox.. haha yep <3.

I thought 6P had a few frames of better invulnerability at its startup... so I feel like there should be another pic for it, and the hitbox changes accordingly.

3 hours ago, B.Z.B said:

I thought 6P had a few frames of better invulnerability at its startup... so I feel like there should be another pic for it, and the hitbox changes accordingly.

no way. 6P is low profile till 11fr, 9 fr of startup, and only 3 fr of actives, so it looks exactly like at the pic. 
anyway updated with recovery state

gj3HOQADB8c.jpg

Some random YRC OS for your corner mix-ups.

This is probably already known, but instead of wallclinging if you want to do an airdash into late jS to jH, you should OS the jH with KSH. You'll YRC the jS should they backdash out, and if they do nothing then your jH comes out. Only works with 25-49% meter. Will test later to see if it's practical to catch reversals with this.

I have a question.

I'm mostly new to GG (Xrd's my first, though I've been playing since 2014) and I'm mostly a venom player.

I kinda want to take a long break from Venom though and regroup my thoughts. I've given Ky and I-No some time, but neither are my style. I usually play zoning characters or rushdown characters and Millia aint' my thing.

I wanna get a lil Chipp down. Where do I start? He's got a lot of intricate combos and some good looking buttons. Anything like a "Standard 3 combos you MUST learn' type of thing?

I'm good with a few (Like literally 3-4) points to always keep in mind and I can go from there. His combos and setups are so diverse though, I don'tk now where to begin. At least Venom only had like 3 combos to start with. LOL!