Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Gameplay Discussion

It could possibly be because his new rekka upward kick (kabuki) just sets up more consistent damage off of 2D 236S (especially since you get the wall stick combos if you end up in the corner)

i think you got me wrong, i saw 2D >236S > link 5P, but there apparently was no time to dash between 236S and 5P. the high damage off of the new rekka is only really a factor in the corner. from what i've seen, samitto always went for the new rekka midscreen when he (probably) felt he was too far away for the 236S > 5P link anyway.

Does alpha blade have less recovery since Samitto in all of his videos didn't use the TK version on block, which from what I understand is more preferred since regular alpha blade has so much recovery on it.

air alpha never carries the risk for the opponent to run into alpha plus, and you can YRC alpha plus in xrd.

I don't get why Samitto, the Chipp God, has videos and this forum section is still dead as fuck...

Anyways, I got questions, has rekka overhead Banzai always been a good combo starter? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSQp6YiZf8#t=116

How does Chipp's FIND ME work now, does he flicker or you only see him when he's still/doing specials? It looks hella cheap from what I've seen, it looks like it'll be hard to block his mixup while he's in it especially when doing rekkas.

yes, you can follow up on the overhead part of the rekka in +R, though i've only seen it in certain match ups.

find me blinks at a fixed rate i believe. in ACR it blinked as well, but the rate of the blink was a lot faster and he was relatively visible the whole time... unlike Xrd where, as you can tell, he seems to be totally invisible when he blinks out.

earlier posts say Chipp's teleport is now dependent on the opponent's position. is that why i haven't seen a retreating teleport yet or does it just not exist in Xrd?

yes, you can follow up on the overhead part of the rekka in +R, though i've only seen it in certain match ups.

worked since xx at least, and against everybody. you don't really want to use that rekka though since it's unsafe and too telegraphed, that's why it's rarely seen to connect in japanese +R matchvids.

Chipp actually looks fairly interesting(not including his god awful completely triangular head). Looking at the videos though instead of doing ninja dash to stick on the wall ninja dash or air combo. Why not do ninja dash, then the air dash down, dust, and assuming you land in time stand s, stand hs, iad combo. Of course in this situation im sure youll lose corner pressure but in certain instances id think this would actually be better since them just doing the air combo the lose corner pressure as well. Also looking at some of the videos after hitting the regular ninja dash to hs, the recovery looked decent enough that some links after it might be possible ala slash version. Perhaps some cool character specific combos again with it

new stuff seen in recent samitto matches:

- air super not only causes hard knockdown, but OTG S,HS, 236236K is a legit combo afterwards - this might even be non-otg, this could actually be a ground bounce.

- YRC ground teleport is abusable as hell if your opponent jumped - almost a guaranteed air throw right now until people find something reliable against it.

- 6HS on air hit causes even MORE hit stun than i thought, aa 6P > 6HS link dash 5P actually works.

- 5P > 2HS seems to be the new go-to setup for jump install teleport combos, since it is such a good choice (probably the only choice actually) after 2D > 236S now. apparently 5P > 2HS is not as reliable as it used to be however, i've seen it whiff many, many times in the samitto matches.

- blockstring into 2D > teleport in place is a legit way of canceling the sweep into something safe that isn't 236S.

- iad.j.K(1),S,HS(2) is a legit blockstring with 4 hits against opponents that block standing - this works since j.S now slightly pushes chipp upwards. can't wait for nasty late overhead or crossup into RC, land, combo setups.

- 6K > RC > land, dash up, S,HS is legit - the slowdown really helps in this situation.

- i've seen a point blank 6K (during faust's black hole) connect out of a dash against crouching faust, and samitto was able to link into S,HS with no problems. a good sign that 6K might be easier to use.

- Samitto likes to end S > HS IAA with invisibility, which seems to still give you enough time for a meaty d.2K. invisiblity in general looks to be a LOT better than before, with chipp disappearing completely from time to time, and samitto clearly values the move high and uses it a lot, especially considering that it can be YRCd.

Being new to GG, Chipp has me really excited for Xrd and I am learning to use him in +R.

So far the colors I have seen for him is original, green, red, and yellow. What are his other colors in Xrd?

Food for thought.

Wall Genrouzan = anti Blitz Shielding on meaty corner knockdowns

Normal Genrouzan = anti Blitz Shielding by default

Air Teleports YRC seems to not be as useful like Slash/AC/AC+R, pretty obvious the left/right mixups with the YRC K-Teleport are looking more dominant.

Plain as day, Camo aka Find Me! is priority.

FDC seems not as important judging by Samitto's play. Before it made a big difference Xrd it seems like its only a so-so tool to use. Dash > Neutral Jump looks better due to FDC during Find Me gives your positioning away. Hence why I believe 2D knockdown is longer than the current old 2D. I could be wrong but I noticed this day one and I pray my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

Things I would like to see or hope works:

j.D CH > dash > 5Sx2 > HS > iAD > stuff

More air super uses for oki

Air Teleport YRC, just want to see the effectiveness of this old amazing option

Otherwise I stand firm in saying Chipp's future in Xrd is looking extremely bright.

Being new to GG, Chipp has me really excited for Xrd and I am learning to use him in +R.

So far the colors I have seen for him is original, green, red, and yellow. What are his other colors in Xrd?

chippcolors.jpg

chippblack.jpg

Heya guys,

So I've seen few of Chipp's battles and really loved this flashy and fast paced gaming, how's Chipp on the technical side? Is his moves hard to execute?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Heya guys,

So I've seen few of Chipp's battles and really loved this flashy and fast paced gaming, how's Chipp on the technical side? Is his moves hard to execute?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Chipp is honestly fairly easy to pick up but really really hard to master. With that being said, his technical side is honestly knowing what to do and how to convert in most situations. Execution-wise Chipp is probably a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 - 10. I'll say now that what LOOKS flashy is just what Chipp HAS to do on the regular. Just a heads up. Great that you have interest in Chipp!

What should I be working on to prepare for Xrd? Started playing +R/Chipp right after Evo and this character is awesome, but I feel really weird trying to figure out neutral with him. 

What should I be working on to prepare for Xrd? Started playing +R/Chipp right after Evo and this character is awesome, but I feel really weird trying to figure out neutral with him. 

Have you watched his character break down on Guilty Bits? And also you should refer to the Chipp ACR thread as opposed to Xrd when it comes to learning that character, and not here.

Have you watched his character break down on Guilty Bits? And also you should refer to the Chipp ACR thread as opposed to Xrd when it comes to learning that character, and not here.

I'm in the same boat but I'm just trying to get a feel for his moveset, which version can I train In the lab with to prepare for xrd chip? #reload is the general consensus for most characters I just I wanted to double check here on the chipp thread

Characters don't generally change that much, people are too concerned with iterations. Overall for instance, Ky and Chipp won't really be changing their gameplans against matchups like Potemkin and Slayer. Regardless of whether or not Chipp has Fubuki and wall cling, or if Ky has full screen lightning bolts. You'll always have to properly space your pressure against Potemkin properly otherwise you'll eat a back dash into Potemkin Buster, and getting hit by Dead on Time in any iteration of GG is a bad idea so you always want to wear away Slayer's meter by constantly pressuring him.

Just play ACR, besides Xrd Chipp takes a lot from his ACR iteration except he's even stronger than he is in ACR, where he's A tier. Just play the version which has the most players/competition.