Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Gameplay Discussion

some anomalies and exceptions of the wall cling people should be aware of:

1. If you try to wall cling very high up the stage, Chipp will very briefly cling to the wall, then immediately let go of it. If you use this technique, it's the same as a very fast wall cling > 4, which means you can corner cross your opponent this way.

2. wall cling works even after exhausting all your air options, including triple jump, airdash > triple jump, super jump > airdash etc.

3. if you want to do HS teleport > wall cling > down dive > air dash back okizeme (pretty much like in +R), you need to superjump install the HS teleport. the motions would be: 228+HS > 4,6 > 6 > 44. Ugh. Probably best to just stick to the wall cling > 4 > left/right 50 50 like described by kashou.

edited and removed errors.

Damn, Good shit, Gates.  His wall cling-drop-HS creates a great 50/50 in the corner.  I think it will be pretty important to his overall strat

Updated my original post. I feel like I have most of the important stuff there now, except maybe character specifics and 2HS combos, but I don't find them to be particularly vital. They are still good because it feels like 5HS has way worse hitbox now, so 6P 5HS as anti air doesn't quite connect that well, and 6P 6HS is a gamble.

edit: did some moving back and forth - ATG

I'm having trouble with Challenge No.37.

Even if i do the IAD as fast as possible Sol always recovers before i can land the first j.P.

Is there some special trick i'm missing?

2369P as close to the ground as possible. this is especially effective against crouching opponents because of the added hit stun of attacks against crouch state. the combo is a little less useful than in older guilty gears since you can't get reliable knockdown in the corner with j.D anymore since it wall bounces now. with short combos you can of course go into alpha > wall alpha, but if you used the tigerknee alpha combo before, chances are, your hit count is quite high already.

the upside of the 2369P combo however is that you have a lot of time for oki if you use it, since you recover so much earlier than your opponent. you could also got for a jump install teleport combo midscreen, or a simple air dash combo,

I'm having trouble with Challenge No.37.

Even if i do the IAD as fast as possible Sol always recovers before i can land the first j.P.

Is there some special trick i'm missing?

I have no idea what challenge 37, but if it's 5HS IAD j.P, there's no trick to it. Do the IAD as soon as possible with the 96 shortcut. You actually have to delay your j.P, otherwise it just whiffs. This combo actually feels more lenient than other versions of GG were.

What is the use on chipps 22p? Is it just for mind games?

Yes. You can also do AA 6HS 22P cl.S 5HS j.D. The 22P is just a timing mechanism to make sure you don't hit 5S too quickly.

What is the use on chipps 22p?  Is it just for mind games?

It's pretty awesome as a feint. At full screen with 25% meter and people hunting for 22K YRC, it's a good way to make people flinch. Good in blockstrings too. Pretty sure Endou spams it for a reason.

Pretty sure Endou spams it for a reason.

Kusoru spams Riot Stamp just to be a disrespectful ass, and that move is awful. Endou plays the same style. I'm not saying that means P teleport isn't good, but the fact that Endou spams it doesn't mean much.

Are you not even discussing invisibility (214K)? No info to be found in the thread. I guess it's such a powerful tool it vanished even from the first post!

Are you not even discussing invisibility (214K)? No info to be found in the thread. I guess it's such a powerful tool it vanished even from the first post!

What's there to say? It's good, use it whenever you can.

first post just has the changes (incomplete btw, i only lately realized 6K on CH does not slide anymore and 236S on CH doesnt float).

as for invis, it's quite useful with YRC as oki when the opponent wakes up. since YRC is blocked when an opponent is knocked down, you have to do it while he is rising.

What are some of the better options to deal with people who run away and jump all the time?

I'm playing this Ramlethal who does exactly that and it's pretty annoying.

What are some of the better options to deal with people who run away and jump all the time?

I'm playing this Ramlethal who does exactly that and it's pretty annoying.

Chipp is super fast, has 3 jumps, and teleports... I don't see how they could possibly outmaneuver you. 

If they're running away, turn on invisibility (214K) and just go nuts?

against runaway players, use:

• air grab for knockdown
  • j.K from below to catch them out of the air.
  • kick teleport, YRC, see what they are doing during slowdown -> j.K or airgrab or dash up 2K etc
  • as anti air / for fishing, 2HS canceled into 2D or 22P (the 2D will whiff). can be followed up on counter hit with j.S, dj.S, tj.S,HS, beta.

• air grab for knockdown
  • kick teleport, YRC, see what they are doing during slowdown -> j.K or airgrab or dash up 2K etc
  • as anti air / for fishing, 2HS canceled into 2D or 22P (the 2D will whiff). can be followed up on counter hit with j.S, dj.S, tj.S,HS, beta.

What would you say is more reliable, 6A - 2HS anti air or just plain 2HS anti air?

Also, I'm having tons of trouble air grabbing jumps, even when I read them correctly. Is there a sweetspot I should know about?

6P is used in other situations than 2HS.

2HS only works because you hit the opponent earlier than he expects, otherwise the hitbox actually isnt that good.

6P has upper body invul and has to be / can be used later, but the total duration is so absurdly long in Xrd with the second hit removed that it has become way harder and riskier to use than in older revisions.

• air grab for knockdown

Thanks!

I'll be honest though i made that last post kinda out of salt but i'll very much try all this out.

Does Chipp have any throw invincible normals?

6K is airborne so it will beat grounded throws attempts. Unless they're using a really good OS, like Sol 6K/HS. Even then, an actually meaty 6K will win.

You can also just use teleport to safe jump so they can't wake up throw.

6K is throw invincible on frame 1, but it is too slow to use right when someone's throwing because they'll get their 5HS and that will be faster than your 6K so you'll get counterhit.

Also, here's his frame data. Gatling table is on the bottom of this page.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chipp_Frame_Data_(GGXRD)

And can you still cancel js into jD??  I cannot seem to do it no matter what

never worked. just double or triple jump after j.S to combo into j.D