Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirMaster

[FB] Hambrabi General Discussion - Everybody is getting violated!

General discussion for Hambrabi goes in here.

Unit: RX-139 Hambrabi
HP: 580
Pilot: Yazan Gable

Hambrabi @ JP Wiki

uc6v.jpg

Move List:

[A] Beam Rifle
Standard BR
Ammo: 7
Damage: 75

Reload: 3 seconds for 1 ammo.

[CSa] Feyadeen Beam Rifle
Gerobi
Damage: 159

Charge time: ?s

[AB] Backpack Beam Rifle
Ammo: 3 (5 in awakening)
Damage: 90

Reload: 5 seconds for 3 ammo
One [AB] press will fire 1 round. In MA mode, use directions + [AB] to have Hambrabi spin around while shooting.

[AC] Dunkel! Ramsus!
Summons two additional Hambrabis that follow Yazan around. Fire linked to [A]. If you press [AC] in that mode, the three Hambrabis will perform the net attack.
Ammo: 100

Reload: 20 seconds

Cooldown: 10 seconds

[bC] Emergency Transformation
Hambrabi will transform into MA mode. If Dunkel and Ramsus are out, they'll transform as well. Press 4/6 [bC] while transformed to land.

[ABC] Triple Hambrabi Attack
Yazan will fire it's sea serpent. If it connects, Dunkel and Ramsus will appear and fire their own as well (if they're already out, they'll simply fire theirs without appearing). Afterwards, each of them will fire their beam rifle. Ramsus and Dunkel will stick around after that.
Damage: (Assault)298 (Burst)272

General Tips:

[bC] is your best friend. It allows you to escape most situations and fly away. [AB] in this mode will automatically make you face the target, regardless of the direction you were originally facing. You can fire up to 8 rounds if you activate as soon as you run out of ammo.

While in [bC], if Dunkel and Ramsus are out, pressing [A] will make them face the enemy and fire. Regardless of the direction they were originally facing. Use that to cover your escape or simply annoy people when flying by them.

[AB] reloads faster than [CSa] will charge.

If you whiff [ABC] while in awakening, the [AC] reload will enter cooldown (10 seconds). If Dunkel and Ramsus are out, they will vanish.

Melee Movelist:

[5BB] Beam Saber
A 2-part, 4-hit neutral melee attack. Sends the opponent flying away on the 1st hit of the second 5B input. Even for a neutral melee, it does not appear to be very useful, but it really shines as a part of a melee combo. Animation is fairly short, meaning less risk of being cut mid-combo, and the second input can be rainbow stepped into a variety of combo enders. It also has a cancel route into 2B for a combo ender. Done on its own, it does 141 damage.

[8BB] Arm Claw Swipe, Mobile Armor Slash
Hambrabi grinds its claws against the opponent, then transforms into its MA form and does an issen. Holding a direction down during the second B input keeps it in its Mobile Armor form. The animation for this takes a while to complete so it leaves you wide open to being cut and punished by the enemy's partner. Also, the only option for cancelling from this is its csA, limiting its combo potential. Basically its chief use is as a gamble for trying to get out of a sticky situation when your boost gauge is nearly at zero, since Yazan will create some distance between himself and the opponent at the end of the animation. Done on its own, it does 130 damage.

[4/6BB] Two-Saber Stab, Flash Kick
Yazan moves forward while strafing to the side indicated in the input, doing a stab and outward slash with a beam saber in each hand. The combo ender is a Guile-style Somersault Kick. The first part comes out pretty quickly, with good range, and it can stuff other melee approaches. Not as good for attacking an opponent on the retreat. The full combo is a launcher allowing for quite a few followup options (i.e. 4/6BB > AB; 4/6BB > A -> AB; 4/6BB > 8BC > B > AB or 2B). It does the same damage as 8BB on its own--130 damage--but it is quite versatile in comparison.

[2B] Sea Serpent
The obnoxious melee followup mentioned earlier in the thread by vedasisme. Fires a wired anchor at the opponent. On hit, it goes into a throw state where he electrocutes the opposing suit, and then blows them away. You can mash B to add extra damage. His chief melee combo finisher when there's little risk of being cut. Without damage proration, the normal version does 128 damage and the longer version does 164 damage.

[bD B] Drill Attack
Psycho Crusher! The Hambrabi stabs its saber into the opponent and begins to spin to win. Hits 6 times per go. This can be cancelled into itself multiple times, and it takes about 16 hits total to put the opponent into a downed state. If you catch someone off guard with this, you can rack up a decent amount of damage AND create a lot of distance between your opponent and their partner. The common combo ender for this is 2B, but you can follow up with A and AB as well. Without factoring in proration, you get 110 damage from a full spin.

[b while Transformed] Drill Attack
Psycho Crusher (part 2)! Yazan turns around to face the enemy regardless of his heading in MA form and drills right into the gut-area of the enemy MS. Its main uses are for following up 4/6BB to maximize damage output, and mixing up your chase-down options in MA form between it and A. Can be directly cancelled into AB, BC (quick fall), and 2B. Full damage for this (10 hits total) is 141.

Terminology:

> = Rainbow step (double tapping a direction while performing an action)

≫ = Dash cancel (double tapping boost while holding a direction when performing an action)

→ = Cancel (you can cancel an attack/action into a follow up)

Basic Combos:

A Starter:

A ≫ A ≫ A
Damage: 158

A ≫ A ≫ AB
Damage: 148

A ≫ AC
Damage: 145
Summons Dunkel and Ramsus

A ≫ A ≫ AC
Damage: 168
Summons Dunkel and Ramsus

A ≫ BB ≫ AB
Damage: 172

A ≫ (BD) B ≫ AB
Damage: 191

A ≫ (BD) B ≫ (BD) B (3 Hits) ≫ AB
Damage: 207

A ≫ AC
Damage: 148
Ramsus and Dunkel need to be already out for this to work.

Partners:

By himself Hambrabi's firepower is middling so you want 2500 and 3000 fronts that bring firepower to compensate. Because one of his strengths is being able to get away fast if you're chased, you should cover for your partner by cutting for him if he's getting chased.

Media:

Hambrabi Combo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlu3g3RPAuc

Hambrabi MA tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DpZaY5chsU#t=3m31s

1. With a full boost gauge, takeoff with BC.
  2. While flying around, press and hold C to fly higher. (high enough to execute this technique means that when you land, you won't get the special quick landing animation.)
  3. Shoot your main, sub, whatever you like, then cancel it into a quick land 4BC.
  4. At the right timing once you land, press BC to take off again. I found that mashing is very dangerous, and the timing isn't too strict so it's better to be precise with this.

Thanks to Umareru for finding this.

More to come...

Things of note:

Will fire up to (3?) ABs with one press in MA mode.

Cancel routes I believe are [A]->[AB] or [bC] and [AB]->[bC]. Not sure about [AC] routes.

[AC] with friends out has all 3 fly in formation with a net.

Also the infamous quote is supposedly one of his activation quotes :D

[bC] cancels guidance and switches to MA mode. Hold a direction to stay in MA, release buttons and then press and hold C to rise slowly.

While in MA mode, your shots will track even if you're flying about perpendicular to the enemy, making it obnoxious to fight you.

While in MA mode, you can shoot all your sub ammo at once while doing barrel rolls that move you quickly to the side. This makes it even more obnoxious to fight you.

Your sub reloads faster than your csA can charge. You can be obnoxious very often.

If you're about to land and you see the opponent staring at your landing, press BC right before you land to fake them out and be obnoxious. (You need boost to do this, though)

When you're in burst, you get 5 sub instead of 3. That means 5, count 'em, FIVE OBNOXIOUS BARREL ROLLS.

Also there is an obnoxious whip follow-up to side-melee.

Also the infamous quote is supposedly one of his activation quotes :D

I can confirm this, heard it while playing as him earlier.

Also, I think the OP is mistaken with AB in MA mode, as one button press won't fire all 3, it's one per press I believe.

Also, I think the OP is mistaken with AB in MA mode, as one button press won't fire all 3, it's one per press I believe.

My bad. I always forgot to correct that.

Thanks!

Hambrabi's melees are like so... I'm shamelessly just translating what little I can from the Japanese wiki here.

Melee Movelist

[5BB] Beam Saber

A 2-part, 4-hit neutral melee attack. Sends the opponent flying away on the 1st hit of the second 5B input. Even for a neutral melee, it does not appear to be very useful, but it really shines as a part of a melee combo. Animation is fairly short, meaning less risk of being cut mid-combo, and the second input can be rainbow stepped into a variety of combo enders. It also has a cancel route into 2B for a combo ender. Done on its own, it does 141 damage.

[8BB] Arm Claw Swipe, Mobile Armor Slash

Hambrabi grinds its claws against the opponent, then transforms into its MA form and does an issen. Holding a direction down during the second B input keeps it in its Mobile Armor form. The animation for this takes a while to complete so it leaves you wide open to being cut and punished by the enemy's partner. Also, the only option for cancelling from this is its csA, limiting its combo potential. Basically its chief use is as a gamble for trying to get out of a sticky situation when your boost gauge is nearly at zero, since Yazan will create some distance between himself and the opponent at the end of the animation. Done on its own, it does 130 damage.

[4/6BB] Two-Saber Stab, Flash Kick

Yazan moves forward while strafing to the side indicated in the input, doing a stab and outward slash with a beam saber in each hand. The combo ender is a Guile-style Somersault Kick. The first part comes out pretty quickly, with good range, and it can stuff other melee approaches. Not as good for attacking an opponent on the retreat. The full combo is a launcher allowing for quite a few followup options (i.e. 4/6BB > AB; 4/6BB > A -> AB; 4/6BB > 8BC > B > AB or 2B). It does the same damage as 8BB on its own--130 damage--but it is quite versatile in comparison.

[2B] Sea Serpent

The obnoxious melee followup mentioned earlier in the thread by vedasisme. Fires a wired anchor at the opponent. On hit, it goes into a throw state where he electrocutes the opposing suit, and then blows them away. You can mash B to add extra damage. His chief melee combo finisher when there's little risk of being cut. Without damage proration, the normal version does 128 damage and the longer version does 164 damage.

[bD B] Drill Attack

Psycho Crusher! The Hambrabi stabs its saber into the opponent and begins to spin to win. Hits 6 times per go. This can be cancelled into itself multiple times, and it takes about 16 hits total to put the opponent into a downed state. If you catch someone off guard with this, you can rack up a decent amount of damage AND create a lot of distance between your opponent and their partner. The common combo ender for this is 2B, but you can follow up with A and AB as well. Without factoring in proration, you get 110 damage from a full spin.

[b while Transformed] Drill Attack

Psycho Crusher (part 2)! Yazan turns around to face the enemy regardless of his heading in MA form and drills right into the gut-area of the enemy MS. Its main uses are for following up 4/6BB to maximize damage output, and mixing up your chase-down options in MA form between it and A. Can be directly cancelled into AB, BC (quick fall), and 2B. Full damage for this (10 hits total) is 141.

Thanks for the info, maikeruRX78. Hope you don't mind if I stole it and added it the OP :P

Thanks for the combo video as well, yaeca. Makes it much easier to put the combos in the thread haha.

And thanks Formerly for the info as well!

Been using this suit online, it's really great. The real beauty of the suit is how it puts the "mobile" in mobile suit; you're pretty darn hard to hit if you properly abuse its manta mode and the AB rolling shots and quick land that come with it.

I used to think that he's weak without his stingray bros, but really, he doesn't need them that badly, They just help to shoot during flybys and add a little extra coverage space on your BRs. Its a perfectly strong threat even when he's not rolling with his homies.

When he gets 5 AB shots during burst, I found I got very little off rolling and shooting all 5 shots ala Sinanju's EX burst attack. Instead I split it into a 2 shot burst followed by a 3 shot burst.

While his damage isn't high at all, he's a really good support for frontline suits, and fits well on many teams.

Hope no one minds me awakening this sleeping thread!

I could actually use some help from a Japanese translator to help translate some extremely powerful tech shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DpZaY5chsU

At 3:32, the Hambrabi player does the AB rolling in MA mode and cancels that into a quick land 4BC. What's surprisingly is that after landing he is able to almost immediately re-enter MA mode and fly away with full boost, leaving very little punishable time. I tried this technique out but I can't do it at all! Do any of you have any idea how to execute this technique? 

Ohhhh. Never mind I got it!

The best way to do it is this:

1. With a full boost gauge, takeoff with BC.
  2. While flying around, press and hold C to fly higher. (high enough to execute this technique means that when you land, you won't get the special quick landing animation.)
  3. Shoot your main, sub, whatever you like, then cancel it into a quick land 4BC.
  4. At the right timing once you land, press BC to take off again. I found that mashing is very dangerous, and the timing isn't too strict so it's better to be precise with this.

I think that every Hambrabi player should definitely try to integrate this into their gameplay. I find Hambrabi is most punishable after firing all his AB shots in MA mode, and this really helps to cover up for that weakness. Naturally, you can do this technique without shooting anything at all, and its a great way to move large distances safely with very little punishable time.

The weakness of this technique is that you have to do it in quite a precise timing, with regards to boost management, and vertical height. You have to start with a full boost gauge, or burst to fill up your boost gauge because the whole maneuver will take all your boost. You CANNOT execute this technique if your boost falls too low, too low being red or dark orange. 

Hope this help you guys!