Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KitsuneRagnell

[FB] Efreet Custom Thread - The original EXAM user

20120619171449-96563.jpg

Efreet Custom/Kai

Pilot: Nimbus Schterzen

Cost: 1000

Health: 350

JP Wiki

Main villain from the first part of Gundam Side Story: Blue Destiny. Uses the EXAM system which was copied over to Blue Destiny Unit 1 by a defected Zeon scientist.

Movelist

[A] Wrist Grenade Launcher

Fire two rocket grenades from the wrist. Two shots until reload. Has some homing.

[AB] 6-Tube Missile Launcher

Fires 6 missiles in a straight horizantal line towards the enemy. Has some homing.

[bC] Command Strike

Dashes forwards and hits enemy with a melee attack. After attack, Efreet poses and the enemy explodes. Explosion restores 30 EXAM. Can be cancelled out of with B. You do not get EXAM if you cancel or if the enemy dies from either the explosion or the hit.

[AC] EXAM Dash

Dashes forward with help from the EXAM system. Blocks some shots. Can be cancelled into B. Uses 40 EXAM.

COMBOS

~WIP~

EXAM SYSTEM

Indicated by a red aura around the Efreet. Starts out at 100 and does not go down with time. When active, several changes happen to the MS. When amount reaches 0, unit gets a debuff and the gauge refills up to 100.

~WIP~

Editing atm.

Until it's fixed then:

BC also gives special combo melee when originating from a normal melee combo, instead of the BC issen. I haven't tested the damage but it restores EXAM system 5 per hit up to 30 instead of in 30 in a single hit and doesn't require boost to be initiated so it's a good alternative if you don't like the stationary effect of the normal BC. Additionally it changes depending on which melee you use to originate it allowing you to mix up your combo movement slightly or make the most of a stray hit

AC also gives a sidehop to quick fall and evade with when inputted as 4/6AC. If Emptied for whatever reason EXAM automatically reloads and BC reloads it quicker though given how helpful it is you might wanna leave some for most situations if you can.

EXAM dash also blocks pretty much all projectiles (beam, gero, bz's) and pressure. Also, you can still do an exam dash if you have less than what's required in your exam bar, i.e. can do the forward exam dash that costs 40 points even if you have 15 remaining. Of course, you get the debuff and EXAM reloads. I'm unaware if doing BC moves will speed up the EXAM refill rate when reloading.

I can confirm they do. Also interesting note that isn't in the OP, all of Efreet Kai's melee originate to each other if you try inputting the direction for the melee combo you want. This can actually be used to conserve boost by starting with the early hits of one combo and then transitioning to the next hits of another combo without step canceling IE:

BB->4/6b->BC

2B>BB>BC

Thus he can preserve much more boost than standard step cancel patterns, though the risk you take is that your combos will be marginally easier to cut.

it's also worth noting that exam is preserved through straight cancels even after you run out, so if you continue doing his melee followups / cancels, you can preserve EXAM even while you're technically at 0.

As far as blocking all projectiles with the AC dash I'd be careful with BZs. Even if you block the warhead the splash damage from the explosion can knock you out of the action. I've experienced that.

What's also worth mentioning is that you can not only cancel into melee from the EXAM dash but also into EXAM dash from melee, even in the middle of your approach before ever connecting with the attack. Say you're chasing with B, you can extend your chase if you won't reach. By doing this it also appears you can save a lot of boost at the expense of your EXAM which you can start building bakc up after successfully connecting and beginning your combo. Alternatively, say you're chasing someone and right before you connect they make a risky turn-around shot with their BR and knock you off. In this situation you can possibly prevent that outcome by anticipating this and performing the EXAM dash during your B approach, blocking the shot and allowing you to punish your now stationary opponent. Also this melee-into-EXAM trick works with the 4/6 movement as well, so you can use that as a low boost consumption alternative to rainbow stepping at the expense of EXAM.

Efreet's ABC attack is missing from the list. It's an all-or-nothing combo animation attack that initiates from a dashing melee. It's very fast and the animation doesn't last long, so you probably won't get shot out of it. I'm not sure if it affects EXAM or can be comboed into.

This is the only 1000 suit I can sometimes kick butt with. EXAM is very useful for getting in, and once I have to start worrying about running out, I've probably blown up and respawned with a full meter.

And I think this should be obvious, but Assault Burst is most definitely recommended for this suit.

Since I don't see them above:

Cancel Routes

a-->ab/ac/bc

ab-->ac/bc

ac-->bc

*ac cannot be used without EXAM active.

Melee Strings

tl;dr, the first hit of a melee set can cancel into the 1st hit of the normal melee sets(5, 4/6, 8, 2).

*a rocket(a) can be done after any melee on hit except the last one of a set or after a bc melee.

*ac can be used during any melee, hit or whiff or lunging

*bc melee will vary depending which melee set it is a part of.

5bb

5b-bc(+30 EXAM)

4/6bb

4/6b-bc(+30 EXAM)

8bb

8b-bc(+20 EXAM)(Ground Bounce)

cc8bbb-a

2bb

2b-bc(+20 EXAM)

bc(+30 EXAM)

Let me know if there is anything I missed.

What sorts of things do people do to counter enemies meleeing at you when you AC? Just step AC's B followup and do A/AB? Cancel into 6AC?

Efreet has good raw speed on a lot of his melees but none of his melees seem to have the high priority needed to deal with especially good melee such as God 5b, Strike 5b, and more extreme examples. However, 2b, 6b, and 8b do seem to have above average melee priority. 5b does not seem to have a speed, reach, or priority advantage over other melees. Maybe it is better vs vertical movement or some other chasing function?(also, i think JP wiki indicates its for combo damage?) bc seems to have a left-biased hitbox and 6b/4b seem to have a right-biased hitbox. (efreet's left/right. relevant vs sidesteps i suppose. the way bc's hitbox is reminds me of the O's reccoa assist always hitting on her right side or whatever)
All of his melee have either solid or quite above average reach during EXAM.
I didnt test his non-EXAM melee.

I guess a quick damaging combo is:

6bb 5b 4bb 5b 6bb. 249 damage. You can just input this as 6bb 4bbb 6bbb for a bit more input ease.

Utilizing 8b in the middle may be slightly quicker than 5b though, but is a bit less damage.

cc8b seems to have nice cut resistance. Combos utilizing cc8b will usually tend around 200-220 damage.

8b's special BC followup seems to be especially fast combo ender. 2b's special BC followup seems to have nice cut resistance.

If he's melee'ing at you just shoot him in the face. Sub is pretty amazing for stomping any attempts to challenge you, and you can cancel it back into AC or BC. You shouldn't assume you should always be cancelling AC into B. It should be understood that doing that is basically a callout. If you're finding yourself excessively using AC→B multiple times to close in, you're starting too far out. A common thread among newer Efreet players is forgetting how much ground can be achieved with basic movement fundamentals due to how tempting it is to force your way through with EXAM.

I also find 6B to be pretty decently fast - in my experience it works pretty well in step wars. Regardless you have Main and Sub in those kinds of exchanges anyways.