Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

It scores a wallsplat in the corner, and while 6H isn't hard to connect afterward, they actually can tech out if you do it too late. I doubt the initial hit forces enough untech time to land another dust.

You can do two 6H's (the first one sending them to the ground, the second one while they're on the ground), as others have pointed out, but you'll be too far away after the second to land 2D. Stun dipper might work, so I'll test that out, but I'm not sold on doing two 6H's, myself.

you should be able to sweep after restand 6hs no problem, are you doing dash 6hs? also people on jbbs say ground hit ciel combos into f.s, sweep, slide, and sacred

and i dont see why you wouldnt be able to combo into dust again when people have been doing 6hs>cse> off it, probably wouldnt do much damage though

Thought it was said he couldnt combo off of it. Is the link just really hard or something

Then maybe a combo like 5D~66 > 6HS > D.CSE > 6HS > Ciel > 2D may work. Then you can cancel the 2D into meaty D.CSE like qwerty was mentioning earlier

well.....like you say, HE can't combo off it but there's plenty of videos of people doing 5d>homing dash>6hs>6hs into vt loop, gatlings into slide/sweep, etc

You meant ground ciel as in 236D right. You said jbbs mentioned you can combo off of it and I was questioning that since it was tested earlier and stated he cant do anything after it.

I tested a lot of stuff since my last post. Ride the lightning actually wall sticks them at the end of a normal vertical dust combo so you can't get a kd from those it seams. Haven't really tested it mid screen because the only time I would do an air combo is if I was certain it was going to kill. Also I couldn't get any kind of ID combo to work.

In regards to 6d combos in the corner, I think for now ideal combos are going to start with 6d > 66hs > 6hs > 3hs > hsvt(maybe gs>hsvt on pot to get some height) into vt loop/ciel for dc cse oki. You can combo into 6d via rc due to the slow down, like after se rc or maybe even moves with less hit stun because of time being slow so long after red rc. That said I think it's too slow to combo off itself, and even then I would bet it only wall sticks on a standing opponent. There might even be special rules stoping multiple dust launches in the same combo.

Hitting ciel on a standing opponent really feels a lot like block head buster(hos 236p). You can do some cheesy combos like x>6k>ciel>662k>6k>ciel. You can also combo sacred edge after it and in the corner it wall sticks and you can vt loop off it.

Some interesting stuff with the new yrc system: you can yrc cse off of a blocked/hit f.s to continue pressure in the corner. I'm not too familiar with ky's frame data from past games but this might be possible/better off other normals as well. You can also yrc greed saber before it hits in most block strings, which leaves you in the air infront of your opponent with your jump options intact. You can shin akuma, but I'm pretty sure it requires a yrc. If you don't yrc air stun edge the recovery lasts until the ground I think(at least when shot from around the peak of a normal jump. if someone runs under a slash j.se then you get punished so far in my experience). If you do yrc it you can shoot another se if the first one dissipates/hits in time for you to be high enough to shoot another. So you could do like jhs se yrc jump back se again if the first one hits soon enough. Sadly yrc does not replenish your jump options in this game. Also worth noting that you can do a hs se after jd and have it hit the grinder if you jd with upward momentum. Like jump back > jd on the way up> jhsse.

You can combo off ch vt pretty much from anywhere in any citation if you rc it thanks to the slow down. I think the jpbbs was saying its easier to combo off svt ch if you can't burn meter.

As for ky's strength in the game, he is generally ranked just under the current s tier characters of zato, faust and axl. Sorry for the long post.

good stuff man

on pot you can delay gs>2hs>hsvt, gs>hsvt should work on everyone unless lightweights bounce too high up

can you check if you can otg 5k>c.s>yrc cse

I just practiced two 6H's in to 3H. It is indeed quite easy.

5D 6H x2 xx 3H GS HVT c.S 2H HVT (vs PO, end with 236D after HVT)

Also tested looping 5D, doesn't work.

Also, against Faust, you have to delay your first 6H slightly, otherwise it'll whiff.

Lastly, Air Stunedge doesn't cancel in to anything, and j.D -> Air Stunedge is actually a link, albeit an easy one.

Sent from my PTL21 using Tapatalk

So anyone experiment more with f.S>3H gatling? can't tell, but it seems like 6H forces crouch, so I think a decent combo would be 6H > slight dash, c.S > f.S > 3H > GS > Ender. From the match vids I've watched it seems like j.SSH VT is more consistent than trying to end with just a VT (outside of the corner, cuz VT loop). Not to mention it does more damage. But I wanted to know specifically if f.S gatlings with 2K, that way it can be extended to 6H > dash c.S > 6K > 2K > f.S > 3H > GS > ender. though at that length i dunno if the air ender would work. but I was thinking maybe something like dash c.S > 236D would work as an ender as well in those situations. Also, has anyone tested/ seen anything more with the 6K > 236D stagger? since ciel recovers so fast I would think at least a stun dipper, and at most a 3H > GS to follow. also, xlol, those combos kuma posted, the second one, 3 ciels? It seems like a corner combo. The first ciel is followed by the dc'd sacred, so i guess it would pop em up enough for the 2H > ciel, but I don't see how that can combo a third time. Then again, I've only ever seen anyone do it in the corner after a VT loop, anything outside of that has been otg(after grabs, etc)

Edited by ShoryuSwordsman

Ain in his matches against Mugen and Roi has pretty much been doing all the stuff I was wondering.

Also 6hs>236d>2d>dc sacred edge looks like it can only be followed up in the corner from my guess since dc sacred edge wallpins. But it comes out terrifyingly fast.

You can combo stun dipper after ground seal at just about any distance, you just have to link it.

I was playing around with 6K -> ground seal yesterday. It's a decent way to set up oki I guess, but 6K will only connect after c.S.

You can get a kd on sol from 6hs 3hs gs hsvt mid screen but the timing on the vt is tricky to get the kd and you can't kd light chars this way. You can also follow up with hjs hjhs vt but I think taking the kd is better. You can also just do 3hs into hsvt for what I assume is a kd. You could prolly even convert it to a vt loop via rcing the vt if you wanted to and were kind of close to the corner.

One thing I think might be under utilized is the f.s 3hs gatling like you're talking about. It combos on ch or crouch and you can cancel it into specials so it should be a pretty safe way to move back in during a block string.

Anyway, I'll be playing again today and tomorrow if you guys want anything specific tested.

can you get the approximate damage of 5hs>sweep>stun edge rc>c.s>2hs>hsvt>2hs>hsvt>c.s/5hs>ciel and how it compares to 5hs>sweep>slide rc>c.s>2hs>vt loop and 5hs>sweep>stun edge/slide rc>3hs>vt loop

how much damage do you get off of gs>c.s/5hs>ciel>dc sacred>dash c.s>2hs>hsvt>c.s/5hs>ciel, would it be possible to do ciel rc>dc cse in that combo and how does the damage compare

can you yrc stun edge after blocked 3hs and yrc cse after otg 5k>c.s

also if you have time can you check how character specific throw rc>dash 5hs>ciel is and if you can dash c.s into vt loop without having to use dc sacred

Edited by xlolxlolx

I think the difference between 2d se rc combo starters and rcing dippers second hit is just a matter of spacing and distance from the corner. I doubt there is much difference in damage.

The throw rc stuff shouldn't be character specific, but I will try it and make sure. The last thing you mentioned, is that also off a throw rc? What is the c.s after?

yeah, whether you can throw rc>5hs>air hit ciel>dash c.s>2hs>hsvt into a second rep or ciel ender

If this game even has force prorate, I haven't seen it drastically reduce damage for anyone. I think you're best off focusing on spacing after a knockdown moreso than damage.

So I dropped the 6H xx 3H link against an Axl player, and he mashed 2P in between. To my surprise, 3H beat it clean! So it probably does have some kind of invincibility. I'll have to play with this sometime.

Are you sure you didn't just counter hit him because he was mashing in your dropped combo? That would make a kit of sense seeing as you missed a link so he was probably just mashing in a frame or two window and got ched.

It was fully extended as I was moving forward during 3H, and it looked like it was going to beat it. It could have just been hit boxes, but it really seemed like I should have been hit. It's worth testing, that way we have a better idea.

Sent from my PTL21 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the properties of Aerial Ride the Lightning and how viable it is as a combo ender? After watching the recent Mikado stream I noticed that a few players would finish their j combo with Ride rather then VT and it seems to do a decent amount of damage.

Does anyone know the properties of Aerial Ride the Lightning and how viable it is as a combo ender? After watching the recent Mikado stream I noticed that a few players would finish their j combo with Ride rather then VT and it seems to do a decent amount of damage.

As a definite round killer, yeah. Last hit wall sticks, but it's a very short duration. Can't follow up afterwards so it's best you confirm you'll win the round if you do RtL over VT.

This is all great info. Thanks guys.

Also worth noting that you can do a hs se after jd and have it hit the grinder if you jd with upward momentum. Like jump back > jd on the way up> jhsse.

This sounds solid.

To Hintalove and qwerty: Does GS seem any faster to you? In the vids it seems like it is, but I don't know if that is my eyes deceiving me. On that note, does it have better recovery?

It seems to be about the same speed. Recovery is probably a bit shorter, but it doesn't cross up anymore and doesn't lead to much on its own without RC. To get the high bounce needed for VT loop from a normal hit, you have to hit them with 3H first.

Thanks for the response. I could do with better recovery over a faster speed. The cross up was nice, but it seemed more like an occasional gimmick than anything else.