Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

He is a lot easier to use than any other version of Ky that I've tried. The game also feels a lot slower (maybe because of all those animations which pause the game like YRC) which I think is a plus for Ky.

I didn't have time to really determine any cons. Although that new HS that he has (3HS? 5HS?) where he lunges forward is kinda suicidal especially if you do it by accident.

He is a lot easier to use than any other version of Ky that I've tried. The game also feels a lot slower (maybe because of all those animations which pause the game like YRC) which I think is a plus for Ky.

I didn't have time to really determine any cons. Although that new HS that he has (3HS? 5HS?) where he lunges forward is kinda suicidal especially if you do it by accident.

I think its his new 5H. 3H is if I am correct the two hit move used to start most okizeme

wrong, 5H animation is the same as the previous games

6H is Ky's old 3H from +R (which was his old 6H in XX, #R and Slash)

3H is his new normal that looks like a golf swing while moving forward

Thanks for your input on your quick impressions of Ky eh-sama. :)

wrong, 5H animation is the same as the previous games

6H is Ky's old 3H from +R (which was his old 6H in X, XX, #R and Slash)

3H is his new normal that looks like a golf swing while moving forward

ftfy

Back in Japan as of today. If there's anything you guys want me to test, let me know.

I've been dying to ask but:

What does Sacred Edge do (how many hits/damage does it do) when thrown in a Grinder?

Oh yeah, and do Grinders disappear after you use them right away? (Can you use them more than once if you're fast?)

Also want to know more about Ky's new normals.

I've been dying to ask but:

What does Sacred Edge do (how many hits/damage does it do) when thrown in a Grinder?

Oh yeah, and do Grinders disappear after you use them right away? (Can you use them more than once if you're fast?)

Also want to know more about Ky's new normals.

1. I'm not sure if there if any significant damage increase, but Sacred Edge when it passes through a grinder becomes basically a full screen instant beam super that wallpins for extended damage.

2. yes, Grinders disappear once a projectile fires through them, if the opponents projectile hits it (examples like stinger aim and gunflame), or they simply disappear after a short duration of time (I'd say 2-3 seconds).

3. Ky only got one new normal, 3hs, which is a sword launching sweep of some sort, not very safe of block, can be combo'd into off f.s on crouching opponents leads into immense damage even by Xrd standards. It's usually 3hs>GS>j.s>j.hs>VT. Though no one really uses it because the opponent recovers in the air just about the same time Ky finishes his landing recovery from VT. Making the combo not very viable since you get no oki and the opponent is slightly above you allowing them to pressure you. 

Though I am wondering, @QWERTY, if it possible to do 3hs>GS>VT? If I remember correctly, ground hs.VT is untechable right? Perhaps that can be a less damaging viable combo route that grants oki and decent damage.

It works on everyone except Ramlethal. I do that sometimes just to get corner knockdown, like you said.

could you see if you can bypass the rc slowdown off like gs>c.s>2hs>hsvt>rc>j.d before landing>hsvt w/e where the j.d hits after the slowdown ends as they're falling down

It works on everyone except Ramlethal. I do that sometimes just to get corner knockdown, like you said.

Are there alternate combo options on her to get corner knockdown or will I have to wait till december or november to figure that out?

From 3H? None that are meterless.

I end up doing a lot of buttons -> stun dipper on Ramlethal for that reason.

you're not going to get a knockdown on lightweights with gs>hsvt route midscreen period, hsvt>slide route works on midweights(maybe heavy also) in the corner because slide 1st hit seems to make them float lower, might work midscreen who knows

it was a thing back in reload and slash but you never get the 2nd hit to connect, ain did it a couple times in xrd and both hits connect 

uhh.....i dont save links.....go dig up mikado videos from the last month or 2? idk

Yeah it works I can confirm it.

I don't now if anyone wondered about this before but Rion who play Ky in Mikado is not the same Rion who playes Seth in UNIEL.