Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

I didn't compare the frame data thoroughly but it's worth mentioning that TKing j.stun edge is +5 and +7 or so, not to mention DC stun edge is +5 on block. The sad thing is stun edge also does 10 points less of damage, and CSE is +14 and only DC CSE is +18 now.

5hs getting "nerfed" is understandable what with Split Ciel being so good and causes immense knockback and stagger on hit. 5hs on CH still has immense time for you to combo off of it.

Sytha, could you elaborate on 2s and 2hs? I only really look GG seriously in AC and only fooled around in #R, and I never played slash.

Well, 2H and Stun Edge frame advantage were two of the big things that made Ky top tier in Slash. In the corner, you were especially dangerous because you could easily hit any attempts at jumping out with your 2H, and if they didn't jump just cancel into Stun Edges again from that move, f.S, 2S, etc.

2S is pretty self-explanatory. Not as big of a thing, but a good normal for low pokes or when your string is pushed out to end it and then approach again to catch them (such as with 2H), like he was saying.

Just finished updating the Ky wiki with the frame data. Probably going to replace the pictures with better ones when the game releases cause I don't really like the ones 4gamerwiki provided, but I put them up anyways just for a completed look.

The Axl one requires the oppoenent to be at the end of the screen/fulllscreen. All the combos done on Pot are specific to him. I'll go transcribe these over the weekend.

Anyone else is having a problem landing 5S>2HS after GS ?

Have been wondering what the hell they did with it ever since the location test!

Yeah, it is actually kind of hard. You also need to account for gravity, especially against lighter characters. I've still yet to see that connect on Ramlethal, though it probably is possible.

Wow Ky is not as easy as he looks. A lot of tight links in his combo, and I have a lot of trouble landing 236D for okizeme :s

It's day one but I can already see where i'll struggle with him lol

I don't think I've ever gotten 6K > c.S at all, even on a crouching opponent.

Something tells me I've seen/done 6K > 2D before, though, which should make both links possible. Anyone else able to get it?

I don't think I've ever gotten 6K > c.S at all, even on a crouching opponent.

Something tells me I've seen/done 6K > 2D before, though, which should make both links possible. Anyone else able to get it?

6K < c.S isn't that hard for me, I was grinding out one of his challenges last night that had it.

Also this is my go-to RC combo for now:

6P < 5S < 5HS < Stun Dipper < RC < Greed Sever < 2HS < H Vapor Thrust

No it's not possible at all.c.S is 7f start up. 6K is only +4 on block (+5 on standing hit, +6 on crouching hit)

What you can do instead is this.

5S>6K>236D>2D or 236K or in the corner Sacred Edge (Huge damage)

So a target Ky ground combo is basically gattling into 6K>236D then either 2D or 236K depending on what character and how far away you are. You will likely need a microdash for the 2D link after 236D

6K < c.S isn't that hard for me, I was grinding out one of his challenges last night that had it.

Now that I'm home, I don't see any Challenge Mode combos with 6K > c.S. Calling BS on it being "not that hard".

6K is only +4 on block (+5 on standing hit, +6 on crouching hit)

How did you get the on hit numbers?

Knowing it's +4 on block and it's move level helps me there. It's a level 3 move. So it has 1 more frame of hitstun on standing hit than it has blockstun and 2 more frames of hitstun on crouching than blockstun. So I get +5 and +6. Ky has 5P/2K/5K/2P/StunDipper for 5f moves in Xrd, and no 6f moves.

Which it's basically the same as AC+R Ky's 6K minus the awesome on air hit property and 2f slower on start up. Still special cancelable tho so go ahead and cancel to Spilt Ciel because that move is super amazing.

It's a level 3 move. So it has 1 more frame of hitstun on standing hit than it has blockstun and 2 more frames of hitstun on crouching than blockstun.

Basing it on XX's attack level data, right? Or did they release Xrd's somewhere?

Now that I'm home, I don't see any Challenge Mode combos with 6K > c.S. Calling BS on it being "not that hard".

Whoops, you're right. I misread that as 6HS.

Yea I used the XX chart but it's the same as Xrd it seems. They straight up have the same system in place for the most part.

BTW what are you guys using for corner dust and midscreen dust. Trying to see if any midscreen dust is better than 5D>8>j.HHSPS>dj.SH>623H

Best corner one seems to be a little trickier to figure out but 5S>6P>5S as the starter seems to be pretty good. Then it's a matter of figuring out if going into 2H for launcher or 6H for ground combo is better.

Okay testing on I-no because that's who my random select picked as my training dummy.

5D>6>5S>6P>5S>6H>micro dash>5S>6K>236D>236K=139+knockdown

5D>6>5S>6P>5S>6H>microdash>5S>2D>236K=130+knockdown (this has a pretty good knockdown tho.)

5D>6>5S>6P>5S>2H (1hit)>214K>623H>5S>2H>623H=139, techs right before she hits the ground

5D>6>5S>6P>5S>2H (2 hit)>623H>5S>2H>623H=140 no knockdown

5D>6>5S>6P>5S>2H (2 hit)>623H>5H>236D=138+knockdown with grinder

Not sure if there is anything better meterless.

Here is another one might have the best meter gain is still a grinder knockdown

5D>6>623H>5S>2H>623H>2H>623H>5S>236D=137+knockdown with grinder

I don't know how much damage it does, but I like to do j.S j.H -> 5K c.S 6K 236D xx 236K. The first part can be burst safe if you have between 25-49% meter by using the YRC OS. Even without that, you can always OS an airthrow.

off of dust>6 or just in general? because yea that's a generally good BnB

Corner dust is the only way I know of to set that up. Also, the 6 is unnecessary (if you don't press any direction after dust, you'll get the wallsplat), though you can buffer an instant run by doing 66.

119 to I-no to keep in consistent with the others.

If you replace the 5K with 5S>5H>6K>236D>236K it's 134 still not that bad.

And yea I guess starting with j.S>j.H does have the whole burst bait YRC OS going for it.