Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

Anyone know what causes Ky to lose his hairband?

-Kimosabae

Anyone know what causes Ky to lose his hairband?

-Kimosabae

-Instant Kill on any round will knock his hair down

-Knocking Ky down 5-6 times on your match point will knock his hair down

These also work in Training as well.

Edited by Kazuki Slice

So Ky has no cross-up anymore? Greed Sever nor j. S seem to work.

j.K still works. Also you can still do the jump over airdash backwards j.S you just have to delay the j.S slightly and Ky will turn around.

j.K still works. Also you can still do the jump over airdash backwards j.S you just have to delay the j.S slightly and Ky will turn around.

I've been doing these but they're not what I'm looking for. j.k is only good for tick setups due to lack of hitstun and j. S has to be delayed to the point that it can't be done meaty. So you can technically do a cross-up setup, but it's not going to be any good. 

I'll mess with cross up j. D, hadn't thought to mess with that.

-Kimosabae 

GS still crosses up, but the hitbox interaction is very specific. Much easier to do in the corner than anywhere else. I play regularly against an I-no player, and due to her size (I believe) its pretty easy to do with consistant spacing. Think 5K, 5P xx GS does it midscreen. Will test and confirm.

Problem is they changed a lot of the way cross ups and the way a character stands in the wrong direction works now. A lot of stuff is blocked from both sides now. Even if it looks like it crosses up you can block it either way in XRD in many situations now.

Indeed. The only crossups I ever go for are either j.K or on oki midscreen CSE -> j.S/H. Best thing you can do is divert as much attention away from the crossup itself. Also, I think getting hit by something else before the crossup will nullify crossup protection.

(Now that I think about it, it probably does nullify, but only after however many frames out of blockstun)

So i'm brand new to this game/series and i'm having trouble with anti-airs.  I'm aware of the 6P universal anti-air but I can't seem to get the timing on it right. So besides VT and 6P, what are some anti-airs I should be using?

So i'm brand new to this game/series and i'm having trouble with anti-airs.  I'm aware of the 6P universal anti-air but I can't seem to get the timing on it right. So besides VT and 6P, what are some anti-airs I should be using?

2HS is good when you can predict a jump-in or airdash (large untech time on CH). 5P is good for cross-up protection. These and 6P are your go to anti-airs.

Anyone got any tips regarding the timing of 236H YRC after Sweep? I can only do it semi-consistently when I jump-cancel the 236H for some reason, which makes no sense. 

Link the CSE after sweep instead of special cancelling into it (so they won't be in hitstun and you'll avoid a red RC). Kinda weird but it's easy after some practice.

So does ky's DP HS have full invincibility on wakeup? I notice a lot of the time i try it and it doesn't go off, and I even went in training and kept throwing a projectile over me when trying it and it would never work. But I can execute it fine when not being attacked.

I heard it was fully invincible though.

Yea HSVT is full invincible. The Slash version is also invincible during the start up frames but as soon as it's active it is not invincible.

Hi guys! im new to the guilty gear and im new to ky kiske. After trying ky and playing him for like a few days, i have a few questions (sorry if they're really stupid).

so my first question is : how does ky open people up at close range? 

my 2nd question is : how do i pressure with ky? i know he has 6k and 6hs with frame advantage, but he doesnt seem to have many high/low mixups.

my 3rd question is : what normals should i be using at close range? and medium range to keep pressure?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

1. frame traps and throw

2. you want to use 6k and 6hs sparingly, most people won't press buttons against ky so you can dash back in after moves like 2k, c.s, 2s and 5hs, if they want to press buttons max range 6hs, se yrc, cse yrc will eat them alive, if they want to jump follow them with j.p/j.k and bring them back down for more or air throw them

3. close range 2p, 5p, 5k, 2k, 6p, c.s, 6k mid range f.s, 2s, 5hs, sweep, j.hs, 6hs

1. frame traps and throw

2. you want to use 6k and 6hs sparingly, most people won't press buttons against ky so you can dash back in after moves like 2k, c.s, 2s and 5hs, if they want to press buttons max range 6hs, se yrc, cse yrc will eat them alive, if they want to jump follow them with j.p/j.k and bring them back down for more or air throw them

3. close range 2p, 5p, 5k, 2k, 6p, c.s, 6k mid range f.s, 2s, 5hs, sweep, j.hs, 6hs

Thanks a lot xlol