Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

If you end a combo with seal, they usually can't tech out of it, anyways. In the event they can, it'd be best to YRC and anti-air them, though you should just take the knockdown without the seal if that's the case.

New to guilty but not new to fighters. how does the stun bar work? sometimes with ky i can crank the bar pretty easily. If they wake up in a DC it seems to build a pitiful amount of stun bar.  What are some good ways to combat faultless defense?  Really enjoying Ky but he seems a little too honest compared to the S tier characters. 

Oh that's not a stun bar. That's a RISC gauge. It's pretty much the same thing as the Guard Bar from previous guilty gear games. It builds up as you block something (If you FD it doesn't go up while blocking) and goes down over time or while being hit. It is one of the big factors in determining combo proration there is also a certain point where some moves will some comboing on airhit when it gets too much in the negatives. Like after a while 2H>GS and j.S>j.H will stop working if too late in a combo. But yea. With a little bit of RISC built up even a simple combo like AA 2H>j.S>dj.SH>623H will do very nice damage.

As for punishing FD. Either cut your blockstring short if you catch it soon enough and dash up throw them, push it out a little bit and stun edge YRC back in, or just cut it short and try to counterpoke/antiair because they are likely going to try jumping/poking after FD-ing since it's a heavy resource drain in Xrd and you want to get the most out of FDing normally.

There's is very few start up frames on stun edge, so essentially, as soon as you've done 236s, you should already be pressing YRC don't wait for the stun dege to appear on screen. It's very tight in terms of execution, I'm not even used to it yet and can't do it reliably. If you wait for the stun edge to appear you've waited too long

Yes, you can. I don't want to say it's weak, but it's definitely not as strong as Stunedge FRC was. You're best off using it for the low angle Stunedge (236S) as a safe-ish way to jump over people at neutral.

yeah, it definitely has limited use. Since unlike FRC stunedge your air options don't get restored with YRC stunedge; So if you did a double jump stunedge, you can't do anything after even if you YRC.

is there any point to using 2s? its slower than 2d and has just a little more range. whereas 2d is much faster as well as jump cancelable.just curious if you guys are using this normal at all.

2S is good. It's only -3 on block, hits low for a far reaching poke and has stuff you can chain after it. You can end pressure strings with it and then like redash and 2P or whatever. Also you can use it after f.S which is important.

It's also the best low combo starter for damage.

Another reason why you should prefer 2S to 2D is in Xrd, 2D on whiff is absolutely horrible. You can die from that.

I've never been so scared to whiff 2D before. In the previous GG iterations it was okay, but with YRC and the fact that the game is slower so people can react to 2D whiff, it's worse than whiffing a Ryu crouch sweep in Hyper Fighting.

yeah i just realized it combos after f.s. that's pretty food from that far away. i usually go for 3hs if I'm close enough in a blockstring. but ill work that into my game.

doesnt 2d have less recovery frames than 2s? wouldn't that make it more difficult to punish if you whiffed it?

2D has 12f of active frames too. 31 total frames on 2D and 26 total frames on 2S. Easier to see the 2D.

You can f.5S into 2S whiff cancel, which is a pretty good situation to YRC SE.

2S is a very good harrassment tool from max range in general so learn this range to control space!

First Loketest changes for Ky. (I might have read something wrong but..)

Stunedge 90% prorate and longer YRC window

Stun Dipper 90% Prorate

Split Ciel level 2 (old3) to level 4 (old5)

Sacred Edge start up changed to 4+3 from 5+3 and there is some more stuff I don't understand. I think it's a glitch correction.

Misread the lines It was Stun Edge not Stun Dipper with the longer YRC window.

The Sacred Edge stuff is that the projectile comes out even if you YRC right after the start-up and that it's no longer reflected by Zato's Drunkard Shade etc. The rest is right on the mark.

Yea I think you might be able to use it in some pressure strings now. Not sure why anyone would do it but meaty 236D should work fairly decent now. Also it becomes the go to cancel after a blocked 3H.

I'm going to assume this also increases untech time on airborne/OTG hit, which would make ending for hard knockdown possible in more situations.

It was pretty much air untechable at every height already.

Actually reading the system changes with Blitz Shield make me worried now that I've thought about them. If the rumors of easier reversal windows are true then wake up BS is going to murder Ky's Oki.

keep in mind, there may be more unlisted changes, and even these changes might not make it to the final version of 1.1

in theory, split ciel is now +1 on block haha.

new blitz will invalidate ky's 2D > 236H at close range, but i'm not too worried about that just yet, gotta see it in action