Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

Yep. Oh well. Hoping to see some other changes to offset this a little bit. Altho I really don't expect Reversal Blitz Shield and the Projectile Reject to both stay.

Isn't projectile blitz distance specific? I'm sure CSE oki will still be possible.

I guess I wasted time getting the YRC OSes down pat.

This looks mostly like nerfs to me, although not having sacred edge reflected back by Leo's counter would be nice (if the change does that). I don't think changing split ciel to lvl 4 does anything for Ky; it would be like ending blockstrings with a 5HS and then what.

The blitz shield changes will screw Ky oki for sure. I already thought that blitz shield was ridiculously strong as it was in certain circumstances. It's like having half moon parry in Melty Blood only many times better and much more applicable against pressure strings. 

BTW, for the change to the low neutral tech, is that directed towards eliminating that stupid bug where you can have a free fully invincible ground normal off a neutral tech?

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but I seriously doubt they're gonna let people just blitz shield any projectile at any distance lol. I wouldn't worry about that until we actually see it.

Mostly nerfs? I fear to see your definition of buffs. Being able to YRC Stunedge like the Good Lord Intended is huge! +1 Split Ciel is huge! Granted there are other things I would like to see, but this is a good start and there is undoubtedly more where this came from. Be patient. Believe.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/hc0519/status/563151140779343872

ほーちゃん | Ho-chan @hc0519 3m3 minutes ago

Blitz shield against projectile only repel if you are at 0-distance, works against I-no's VCL but not for notes. Sounds fair. #XrdLoketest

PRAISE BE. DREAM IS ALIVE.

This should be good for us since Note oki is pretty much the same thing we do with CSE.

Regardless, I still foresee the wider BS window being rather problematic for Ky. I really want to see if it renders the Ain setup (5k, immediate TK air SE in corner) to be worthless.

I also wonder if it repels j.D oki.

Some more stuff for Ky coming out.

Ky(1/2) - 5HS, stagger state on counter hit - 2HS, initial proration of 90 - 6HS, 2nd hit lasts 1F->2F, recovery 3F->2F, RISC guage 10->20

Ky (2/2) - throw, RISC decrease 6/8 -> 6 - air buffed stunedge, dmg 33->43, stagger on counter - otg RTL, blow off farther on hit

StunEdge translated.

Some more stuff for Ky coming out.

Ky(1/2) - 5HS, stagger state on counter hit - 2HS, initial proration of 90 - 6HS, 2nd hit lasts 1F->2F, recovery 3F->2F, RISC guage 10->20

Ky (2/2) - throw, RISC decrease 6/8 -> 6 - air buffed stunedge, dmg 33->43, stagger on counter - otg RTL, blow off farther on hit

StunEdge translated.

Okay, those are pretty nice buffs.

The Japanese tweet specifically says it's for air buffed S SE, and the RTL is grounded RTL in general will blow off farther on hit.

Air S SE was already really strong though, this just makes it ridiculous level strong.

I'm a rather big fan of the 6H change. Means baiting DPs and wake up supers will be easier. And Elphelt Cake super can now be meatied by 6H without having to hard call out by doing an early 6H that whiffs to bait it.

Ending block strings into split seal may not be too bad. If you are close enough you may able to link 2D xx CSE then continue pressure when DC CSE activates. Sure, they may still be able to IB the 2D which may allow them to FD jump out, but there will still be a DC CSE on the ground and their only option is to block in that situation. You can probably opt to YRC the CSE too to mess up their timing of jumping out.

the strat of ciel f.s cse yrc and air throwing them back in has been a thing for a long time now, no one with half a brain is going to sit and block a slow ass powered up cse

Someone was talking about stuff to do against FD? Here are some "anti-FD" strings in the corner:

Very Consistent

2P > 2K > 2S

2P > 2K

5K > c.S or TK SE

2K > 5HS

f.S > 2S or 2S whiff > optional SE or YRC SE

f.S > SE 

c.S > SE or YRC SE

Consistent (May whiff without momentum or if at tip range)

2P/2K > 6HS

2P/2K > 6K

2P > 5K > c.S or TK SE

c.S > 6K

There may be some other stuff that works but I'd say these are the most effective. Some of these work midscreen but eh. Rather not fight to hard and end up overextending myself. Ky's neutral is good enough to where getting FDed midscreen isn't that big a deal especially if we have meter to YRC SE IMO.

well ceil air fireball should have done more damage anyway. In this game as is, only ground powered up fireball does more, air one didnt do more so this is more of a fix. As for the stagger on counter hit, well im sure as everyone knows stagger in this game is pretty forgiviving in how easy it is to get out of. So depending on how long it is dunno how much this will matter.

the strat of ciel f.s cse yrc and air throwing them back in has been a thing for a long time now, no one with half a brain is going to sit and block a slow ass powered up cse

Eh? I think blocking is the better option rather than jumping. Landing the mixup during DC CSE isn't guaranteed to land, while trying to jump creates at least two problems, and is the more riskier play.

well ceil air fireball should have done more damage anyway. In this game as is, only ground powered up fireball does more, air one didnt do more so this is more of a fix. As for the stagger on counter hit, well im sure as everyone knows stagger in this game is pretty forgiviving in how easy it is to get out of. So depending on how long it is dunno how much this will matter.

Even if you can't combo off of raw CH air SE stagger it still gives you time to close the distance and start offensive pressure since the opponent is stuck mashing to get out of stagger. If you YRC'd it for pressure and it happened to counter hit then you'll probably be able to convert into a combo, otherwise, PRC to convert is still an option though not sure if it'll be worth the meter.

You can combo off air stun edges on normal hit. The frame advantage is ridiculous. No way this CH buff sticks, he doesn't need it (unless they kill the frame advantage).

What they need to do is remove that stupid recovery after landing. Let me YRC it at the very least. It's not-fun and unintuitive. 

-Kimosabae

I don't see why the CH Air S Durandel CH causing Stagger wont stick. It's such a rare occurrence anyway. But I have almost never not been been able to combo off of CH Air S Durandel in the corner anyway. So I guess this is for the random midscreen moments where someone is trying to run/slide under the H version and you tag them with the S version.

Only move with landing recovery I wish was changed in some fashion was the j.D it just feels really lackluster specially compared to old games let alone +R.

Not entirely sure the 6H buff will stay and I hope the throw buff stays. I think that is actually the biggest buff I saw for him. Other than maybe the 5H CH Stagger returning.

I misread, I thought we were just talking about regular SE. 

CH Air S Durandel CH isn't that rare if you consciously use it as 6P bait. With the stagger, I'll actually be able to combo mid screen  now. Great stuff. 

Glad 5H CH is back. Should have never left. It's just fun. Now if they increase the range on it a few pixels it'll be perfect. 

And yeah, the recovery on j.D is stupid and even worse, I agree. 

YRCs (and RRCs and PRCs) don't remove landing recovery at least from my experience, which is why i think they made air stun edges as + as they are.

it definitely works out in Ky's favor here, but i'm not a fan of it, rather have yrcs remove landing recovery

Assuming the general trend of the Loketests stays the same. I'm going to have a hard justifying why I am playing this character. Really unhappy with the 2nd loke. The character is getting less fun and weaker and now I can't even look forward to the cheese gimmick of +1 Ciel. Like the aRtL being 8+1 is kinda nice but yea....

All stunedges having 85% proration is a pretty terrible change. The creators of GG really don't want Ky to do actual damage in any version of GG I guess.

What other changes did Ky get besides the ones that were posted in the main Xrd thread?

And aren't people jumping to conclusions too quickly? It's still just a second location test, and there's still one more. What is the current proration rate on stun edge by the way?

No proration on current one. And no I don't think we are jumping to bad conclusions. We are jumping to the conclusion that we are basically getting nothing fun to use and pretty much all the nerfs are aimed at how much damage Ky does. It's pretty much the most boring nerfs possible and there is basically nothing new to look forward to outside of the Throw RISC change and 6H change. which are not really that big. It's actually pretty frustrating to know that I will be basically playing the same exact character as current Xrd except worse damage.