Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

Changes are here:

http://ggxrd.com/locate2.pdf

Presently there's no proration, loke 1 had 90% proration on ground SE only.

Other changes are greed sever does not pushback as far on block, split ciel lvl 3 (instead of lvl 4 in loke 1).

After mashing Xrd for awhile, I am starting to understand Machabo's sentiment of why play Ky when Sol can do almost everything Ky does only better.

I can totally understand the 85% initial prorate on ground SE. That thing punished whiffed normals way too well when you YRC it (which then led to big damage into split seal knockdown) and it doesn't require much thought, but especially if you are already taking advantage of Ky frame traps / proper spacing to hang people with.

Greer Sever having less pushback could be trouble - I occasionally throw this out at max range to induce abare but now it might be possible to punish. :(

I don't always play Xrd, but when I do, I use Ky. After playing a bit of AC+ on my PSP (thanks PSN flash sale), I definitely prefer him in that version to his Xrd one. However, Ky in Xrd still seems pretty solid. My sub in AC+R is pretty much my only option in Xrd since my main man Bridget won't be coming back for awhile. Until then, RIDE THE LIGHTNING!!!

I think all the fireball like moves should probably have proration on them if you can yrc them. It's a very powerful mechanic and fear of that can slowdown gameplay.

So the corner DC CSE YRC mixup basically doesn't work on Faust or am I missing something? Delayed airdash j.S can't hit him while crouching.

I can't seem to hit him even while he's in blockstun. In real life situations people try to fuzzy and I manage to hit the extended hurtbox, still can't do it in training though.

I think all the fireball like moves should probably have proration on them if you can yrc them. It's a very powerful mechanic and fear of that can slowdown gameplay.

A legendary Dizzy player appears!

What's going on, Anthony? Do you play Ky now? Haha

A legendary Dizzy player appears!

What's going on, Anthony? Do you play Ky now? Haha

I'm still living in France so at the moment I play no one. But when I move back I'll probably play sol + a bit of everyone to prepare for dizzy again!

There was a 10 minute gap between the 1st and 2nd match in that video too. But yea thanks.

Worst match up is Elphelt. Worst nonS is likely Sol or Bedman.

Elphelt, Faust, Ramlethal, Sol, Bedman are who I would say are his bad match ups. He's pretty even or favorable vs. everyone else.

I guess I'll go into a bit more indepth.

Elphelt, Faust, Ramlethal and Bedman are better than Ky at the ranges that Ky likes to be at. He also can not zone them or play the keep away game and has to approach/rush down them.

Basically these characters control space better than Ky and can wear him down in the neutral. Sol is just very upgraded this time around while Ky kinda reverted. Match up swung otherway.

Potemkin is a character Ky has always traditionally been awful against but he kinda sucks this time around.

I feel Leo is one of Ky's best match ups honestly. Leo is just good at killing people who are not used to Leo. Like more so than most other characters. Leo has a lot of gaps and kinda questionable things in his kit. Lot of places to punish. Ky also is pretty awesome at zoning him out.

don't let him get into stance. He needs to do some slow moves to get into stance at neutral (on offense it's a different story).

Thanks for the input guys. I usually main Sin, and that's a really hard matchup.

Id be really nice to have a good side character to deal with the surge of fraudulent mash Kys.