Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

I have seen it done a lot from 3 Kys here

Actually where is this footage coming from? Players are different from Mikado.

This mixup looks legit, but is unsafe since you need to confirm it with greed sever. 236H yrc j.S/2S i think is better in the corner, but this one is better on midscreen.

there are safer options to combo off of, though they lead to less damage but are safe when blocked. for example instead of going j.S > 214K or 2D > 214K, you can do j.S > 6H or 2K > 6H.

a third thing you can do instead of going high/low is to go for throw, but you need to be very close to the ground when you do j.D or else you won't have enough time to run up and throw them

and on an unrelated note, you can do running stun edge by going back to neutral first before you press the button, 66~2365S. useful in teh air as well

with the buff to j.S, we get more fuzzy overheads

doesn't work on Ky, May, or Faust

So in Rev2, how does the new Ky new 6H work? Like is it still a good oki tool after the foe's knockdown? is it plus on block? what's the timing to use this move after the foe's knockdown? (It seems I have to make the 1st hit whiff and make the 2nd hit connect the foe while they get up. )

It still seems to give you pretty big advantage on block and hit, but not quite as much as before. As far as I can tell, there's no reason to make the first hit whiff. Just make the first hit meaty.

It seems like it's maybe +9, now, which is good, but not AS good. I'm having trouble adjusting to it for all my old frame traps, but hopefully I'll manage. I'm glad you all came to the same conclusions.

It seems like it's maybe +9, now, which is good, but not AS good. I'm having trouble adjusting to it for all my old frame traps, but hopefully I'll manage. I'm glad you all came to the same conclusions.

So, I've only gotten a day with Ky in Rev2, and it was on a TV. So how do other Ky's feel about his new 6hs in comparison to his old one?

This new one *feels* like it has more versatility than his old one. But just my opinion.

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice and critique on how I can improve my Ky. I recently got a game recorder so it's a lot easier for me now to upload more matches and at higher quality.

I'm particularly looking for input on my matches against Ino, Kum, Potemkin especially, May, and Bedman. I really feel like my weakness in those matchups is because I don't know what's going on in neutral and how I should be positioning myself to react to certain things. And then, in the case of characters like Potemkin, Ino, and Bedman, I'm still not sure how to deal with their pressure in order to get out.

I have other matches on my channel you guys are free to comment on as well BTW, but these are the ones I want to focus on the most at the moment. Looking forward to hearing some feedback from you guys.

Here are most of them:

To expand more on what I mean be commentary on the matches I posted, I'll bring up specific matchup issues.

Against May, I'm starting to understand the neutral game except when it comes to two things, how to keep her off me; I find it difficult to consistently AA her in her air approaches since K2/May players tend to air dash just enough to get behind me so that 2hs/2p whiff, or they in on me so quickly that when I get for an AA I get CH. I've been told my ability to AA people is rather poor, so maybe some input as well on how to improve my use of 2hs and 6p.

My other issue with the matchup is me eating dolphin flash kicks because I go for preemptive j.k to beat her air approaches, I'm not really sure when I should be looking to meet her in the air if at all because I end up eating dolphins when she's charging on the ground and that leads me to having to block her oki. Which can sometimes be tricky because of the beach ball.

When it comes to Bedman, I really don't know what's going on and specifically when it's my turn on defense because so few people play this character. How exactly do I get out of his deja vu pressure in the corner, and how could I approach this character more effectively on neutral to keep him from placing deja vu seals. That would be helpful.

Against the Venom matchup, I am starting to see f.s is a very strong tool in this matchup because you can combo into either 3hs or 236k. Which is great, but I think my issue in this matchup is my screen positioning and knowing where to effectively place myself on the screen to limit his options. I find once I make one blunder the matchup quickly goes downhill from there. But I think that's the case for all Ky players in the matchup. Playing against Roldy, who plays in Mikado, I find has a particularly strong defense and it makes it hard to open him up on offense whenever it's my turn. Should opening him up be my priority, or something else altogether?

Against Kum, I really don't know what to do, approaching him is a problem and leaving him allows him to summon his fireball to either approach or to keep me out. And once he's in I struggle to get out of his pressure, more so, his 2p (which is 4 frames) makes it hard for me to pressure him or long or open him up. Once again, on the neutral game I'm at a loss, especially since pui used to main Ky meaning he knows my options more than I even know them myself.

Ino, and Radical Essay, I feel my main problem is dealing with HCL, I tend to eat it whenever I am I approaching her or trying to keep her out. And when I try to avoid it, she AA's me anyways leading to me blocking her on oki which is another problem. I know Essay told me that her more damaging combos come from her overheads, but as you can see in my matches against him, I don't think that information made all that much of  difference in how he dumpstered me.

Against Potemkin and Brian, I feel like I don't know how to block Potemkin which causes me to break very easily once I start blocking for even a little bit. Coupled with me never getting used to how long his limbs are, I know that j.hs is my best friend in the matchup. But I feel that move only gets me so far until he lands a hit, runs oki on me, opens me up, and I love the round very quickly because I don't know how to effectively block Potemkin and how to get out of his pressure safely.

Millia, like the May matchup, I don't know how to AA her and keep her out, Coupled with hair pin still being an issue. But with how fast she is, I struggle to fight her even on the ground, which is why I jump so much. I'm not sure if on the ground I am supposed to handle her based preemptive normals, or I'm supposed to react to her. Because she approaches so quickly on the ground I find it hard to keep her out as well. Let alone dealing with her 2d, or her keeping me in the corner as I try to get out because she keeps approaching like f.s, 5hs, and digitalis.

Also, keeping characters who has fast jump accelerations like Ram, Millia, and May, I find i hard to lock them down in pressure when they are played by skilled or competent players who know how to block. These characters are able to jump out of my pressure very quickly. Maybe I still need to work on my pressure or how I think when I am running my oki on my opponent.

Thanks guys, I hope my questions weren't tiring.