Shinobi!

[Xrd] King Ky - Gameplay Discussion

faust can definitely crawl under dc cse (the big laser sword right?). i think i saw it during mikado stream, ill see if i can find a clip

no he can only crawl under DC SE

you gotta do j.d pretty low for stun edges to go through them

corner combo from jbbs 5k>c.s>f.s>3hs>gs>hsvt>c.s>2hs>hsvt>c.s>hsvt

apparently you can link normal hit 6hs>3hs

How safe is the new special on block I wonder. Can you string to that thrust attack, then link a duck lp then string to fireball? Saying that is the fireball from the seal can you combo after that? Im thinking of some loops or some pretty tight pressure strings. Also maybe some character specific combos like his new 3+hs, then thrust attack, then can you link a attack before they slam against the ground?

maybe like 3hs>DC CSE or something on like pot

What about after a sweep to knock down big blue fireball, then set up a seal, then do another big fireball. How tight is that to get out? Or just on sweep big fireball FRC do a seal, then go into a string. Wonder how lax that is.

Alright, so I was unable to find a vacant cabinet all day. I was still able to test a few things and observe other Ky players.

- Combo after ground seal: unless you're gonna RC, forget about it. You're waaay too far to follow up with anything otherwise.

- 3H: on normal hit, you cancel in to Greed Sever and follow up accordingly. VT loop is pretty straightforward, using the combo xlol posted above. Was able to land counter hits on round start, though I'm afraid I couldn't tell what move it was beating.

- Sealed Stunedge: upon closer examination, it seems neutral on normal block. Doesn't seem to have the hitbox behind the seal that sealed CSE does.

- Sealed CSE: still godlike as ever, lol. Just make sure you're at a distance where you can't get hit out of CSE startup.

I was on the stream a bit after the tournament, I played like four games against FAB. It seems like a pretty bad matchup for Potemkin, but of course this is FAB we're talking about.

Anything else you guys want more info on (or anything I forgot), just let me know. I'm gonna hit up random arcades tomorrow in hopes of getting some quality training mode time in.

Sent from my PTL21 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, and Faust can definitely go under any Stunedge, sealed or otherwise.

Alright, so I was unable to find a vacant cabinet all day. I was still able to test a few things and observe other Ky players.

- Combo after ground seal: unless you're gonna RC, forget about it. You're waaay too far to follow up with anything otherwise.

- 3H: on normal hit, you cancel in to Greed Sever and follow up accordingly. VT loop is pretty straightforward, using the combo xlol posted above. Was able to land counter hits on round start, though I'm afraid I couldn't tell what move it was beating.

- Sealed Stunedge: upon closer examination, it seems neutral on normal block. Doesn't seem to have the hitbox behind the seal that sealed CSE does.

- Sealed CSE: still godlike as ever, lol. Just make sure you're at a distance where you can't get hit out of CSE startup.

I was on the stream a bit after the tournament, I played like four games against FAB. It seems like a pretty bad matchup for Potemkin, but of course this is FAB we're talking about.

Anything else you guys want more info on (or anything I forgot), just let me know. I'm gonna hit up random arcades tomorrow in hopes of getting some quality training mode time in.

Wow thanks awesome.

3hs definitely is faster than it looks, neutral is better than slightly minus on block, so that's fair. I think split ciel can be used in block strings after a 6hs. The static difference of a meaty 6hs, at least in or near the corner, should give you enough time to set up a grinder in front of them with split ciel. That move is also faster than it appears. Having a grinder in front of your opponent should create terrific mind games.

Can dc SE, blow through low level projectiles like gunflame and stun edge?

With the matches I've watched I'm certain 3hs is to serve as a replacement for Ky's AC 6hs, a combo filler normal, that also is good in occasional block strings to catch people off guard. I saw it catch someone jumping, so I'm sure it can do the same to backdashes if timed properly.

Oh yeah, and Faust can definitely go under any Stunedge, sealed or otherwise.

Wow, even dc sacred edge?

@FAB/Potemkin, it seems that potemkin is an entirely different compared to how he used to play for these last 7 years. That's the reason people are struggle with him so much. How does FAB and other Pot players feel about him?

Thanks for the info again.

good stuff man, think i saw you playing FAB until like around 11pm? i remember seeing him do a lot of blitz>heat knuckles haha

i read on jbbs that dust forward you can combo into a restand cse so can you try if this works

5d>6>6hs>dc cse>6hs>(c.s>f.s>)3hs>(delay gs>)hsvt>c.s>236d, the 6hs>3hs is a link without the c.s>f.s part and the combo might be too long for hsvt to connect off gs

and people seem to be comboing ground hit 236d>slide

oh and i think i saw ain doing stuff like 6k yrc>throws

It does, actually.

Stun dipper also combos after ground seal! It is kind of a tight link to get it non-black beat, but its possible.

You are able to set up an airtight ground seal after meaty CSE, but the sealed stunedge after that I can't yet figure out how/if it's possible.

Oh, and I tried getting VT loop from 2D -> stunedge RC. You can't do the 3H -> greed sever variant because the greed sever will whiff, but going straight into HVT works (tested on Sol).

+R 3H is Xrd 6H. 3H in this game is some weird soul calibur sword swipe that may or may not have any invincibility.

Something else I forgot to mention: nothing cancels in to 3H.

It seems that air grabs don't allow you to combo off of them in the corner, as in they don't cause wall bounce anymore :(

@qwerty, by seal you mean 236k>236d>dc shenanigans?

Why don't people use aerial stun edge YRC to approach if it restores your aerial options?

EDIT:

+R 3H is Xrd 6H. 3H in this game is some weird soul calibur sword swipe that may or may not have any invincibility.

Something else I forgot to mention: nothing cancels in to 3H.

Do you mean AC's 6HS is Xrd's 3HS?

Edited by BladeOfJustice7

@qwerty, by seal you mean 236k>236d>dc shenanigans?

Someone asked if you could land an airtight seal after meaty CSE, which you can, you just have to be close enough for the seal to hit them. I think I did c.S 5H 2D CSE in the corner to set it up.

right so basically what I said. So now you actually dont have to use FRC big fireball mix ups. You should be able to do combo to new special move, then link sweep, then big fireball. Which gives you the super one and still gives you the high low mix up. Also still no word on if shin akuma is in the game again? Also still doesnt seem to be any or if there is much less recovery after jump dust. And you can cancel it with any attack it seems as I saw someone do jump hs to jump dust. Lots of stuff should be possible there.

http://www.twitch.tv/central804/b/505152786 @ the 1:33:04 mark I noticed the Ky player did 6P (Anti-air), 5S, 2HS xx VT RC air dash, 5S. Doesn't he have to Jump Install to get the air dash? I haven't been competitive in GG since the #R days and I sort of recall that you didn't get your air options when you RC'd a VT. I remember some sort of combo extenders in #R involving Jump Installing into VT RC air dash j.D, etc...

I also noticed that you can have multiple seals on the screen but only one of each type (j.D, 236D, 5D) so I'm wondering if it's possible to have Stun Edge or CSE go through both seals. Also, can Sacred Edge go through a seal? If so, is there any footage of that?

http://www.twitch.tv/central804/b/505152786 @ the 1:33:04 mark I noticed the Ky player did 6P (Anti-air), 5S, 2HS xx VT RC air dash, 5S. Doesn't he have to Jump Install to get the air dash? I haven't been competitive in GG since the #R days and I sort of recall that you didn't get your air options when you RC'd a VT. I remember some sort of combo extenders in #R involving Jump Installing into VT RC air dash j.D, etc...

I also noticed that you can have multiple seals on the screen but only one of each type (j.D, 236D, 5D) so I'm wondering if it's possible to have Stun Edge or CSE go through both seals. Also, can Sacred Edge go through a seal? If so, is there any footage of that?

You must JI in order to do that combo. Don't know if he's actually doing the JI (which I would like to believe) or if something's changed with the system to where you can restore air options after RC. Also Scared Edge can go through a seal. It's a huge, full screen projectile (one hit) and it's super fast. There was stream footage of it from day 1 but it's not recorded.

I just tried to Stun Dipper under Faust's scalpel and didn't live to tell about it. It was at a pretty close range and on reaction, so I'm guessing it's just not possible.

So at the 19:11 mark he YRC's CSE while holding up but it looks like you can't do the glitch where you bring CSE in the air. :(

So is there no way to combo after this without RCing it? The stagger time looks quite long but I'm not entirely sure what the recovery is like though it looked pretty quick. I was thinking about a YRC'd stun edge after wards for potential combo/pressure follow ups.