Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jehudy

[FB] Unicorn Gundam Thread

Potent whiff combo Irysa found in a video with awakened NTD unicorn. Blast Burst only?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22475048 1:47

cc8b backstep 6b(whiff) bb cc8b backstep 6b(whiff) bb cc8b

Very boost expensive but very hard to cut and loads of damage, if anyone can execute it well try taking the damage numbers against a full hp target.  This is the first real advanced combo I've seen with unicorn.  It's basically a manual trans-am combo.  Blast burst to boot.

To relatively painlessly combo practice with unicorn, in free battle just put both ex modifiers to max(gain and duration) with both 1p and 2p being unicorn.  First kill the other unicorn as 1p or 2p, then once the full awaken unicorn has NTD go ham practicing until he's almost dead, then he should have NTD and awaken up so finish off the suit you were just comboing with to reset his HP and you should be able to always have an NTD and awaken up on one of the unicorns.

Edit: Just experimented by doing 6bbb cc8b 6b(whiff)bb with assault and blast and could only get it to connect with blast so combo seems blast burst exclusive.

Edit2: After testing it a bit I managed to get 350(!!!!!) damage but I downed before the last cc8b.  It seems you don't want to get full hits off the 2nd cc8b.  To get a feel for doing the combo just do the inputs as soon as possible, don't try to delay them.  IMMEDIATELY backstep once you pass through with cc8b.

Edit3: Can't figure out a consistent way to get low hits to get the last cc8b, I might just be inputting too slow.  As of now the 3rd cc8b eludes me but I can do the rest of the combo consistently.

The combo is listed on the JP wiki, though the listed combo is a non-awakening variation. It still does 319 damage outside of activate, and it's literally the same combo without the final BD melee.

I'm pretty surprised you did 350 damage, because the calculated damage for this combo caps out at around 330 damage in activate with blast burst (Unicorn gets no offense boost in blast). Were you low health at all? In any case, assuming you have a real 350 damage combo, you won't be looking at much damage beyond 350 if you achieve it, because the game applies a soft-cap to damage at 350.

For what it's worth, the final calculations for the combo come out to this (approximately):

76 * .85 = 64.6

90 * .69 = 62.1

86 * .57 = 49

76 * .42 = 31.9

90 * .26 = 23.4

86 + 65 + 63 + 49 + 32 + 24 = 319 damage - non-awakened combo value

86 * .14 = 12

319 + 12 = 331 damage - awakened, blast burst, extra CC8B combo value

edit:

went back and did the proper calculation:

combo (nt-d): cc8b > (6b)bb >> cc8b > (6b)bb >> cc8b

total damage in B burst: 328

The combo listed is actually completely impossible, by the way. The normal combo applies 5.8 down value, and even with the awakening reduction on down value, it would still apply 5.22 down value.

I went back and checked what the player actually did, and it's slightly different from what I was calculating.

The combo in the video was this: CC8B > (6B)BB > CC8B > (6B)B(4th hit only)B > CC8B(1 hit).

That combo does 312 damage, so it's actually worse than doing the normal combo. It does knock the opponent sky high, though.

When do you guys think it's a good time to go into NT-D mode? And who do you think are Unicorn's top 3 partners?  I usually like it when gunner zaku is my partner, those grenades and tomahawks man...so evil. That or Rozen Zulu, controlling the space with Psycho Jammer is so nice.

Usually you use it almost as soon as possible because even if you play it at a more non-commital ranged game its more than capable of doing so once you get good pressuring with NTD-hack ranbow step amekyan.  His mobility is great in NT-D mode too.  I will also mention against 1k team comps though its highly advised you dont do unnecessary close range action while in NTD(unless its 3k 1k), because 1k teamcomps have significantly higher HP totals and they're more than happy to trade damage with you the whole game by cutting your combos or double locking you.  Its still worth it for the mobility however.

Only time you wouldnt is if you're double locked and enemies are trying their best to avoid you and your partner isnt in a possition where he can join in pressuring the opponent during the NT-D.

Anyone who can take the heat of Unicorn in NT-D mode so he can do his thing without getting double locked for the duration is good.  Or suits what deal great amounts of damage when they get in someones vector while Unicorn is the attention draw goes well too.(Like Gunner Zaku)  He goes well with many partners which is part of why he's S-tier. It's more along the lines of, can your partner recognize when he's not going to be focused as hard and start pressuring with Unicorn once he's NTD.

Just backing up what Luke said, both with regard to NT-D use and partner.

The wiki just says 3k and 1k partners are both ill-advised. Specific 2.5k suits it mentions are Banshee, Susanoo, Virsago CB, The O, Freedom, and Infinite Justice. Specific 2k suits it mentions are Delta Plus, Kshatriya, Blue Frame, Char's Gelgoog, Gundam Mk II, and Zeong. But yeah, Unicorn as a suit is just strong enough that I think his best partner is going to be whatever suit your partner feels they play the best with; it's very flexible.

Having mentioned Gunner Zaku, I think Luna herself is just a really strong 2k suit that can back for a lot of people. I don't personally have a lot of experience with or fighting against Rozen Zulu as a back to speak to it, other than recognizing it has great range like Zeong (well, except his CS range feels kinda underwhelming compared to his other abilities). I feel like Zeong plays a little more nimble of the two, and maybe that's why I see it much more often.

NT-D obviously provides incredible melee pressure and mobility, but you can't forget that it also increases red-lock range and the beam gatling is still a great tool from a more ranged position.

I should also mention situations where you wouldn't want to NTD should only last about 5-10 seconds unless your partner is wholly uncooperative.(something i have problems with is following my front's tempo when I'm playing a back 2k/2.5k)

When you're in unicorn mode against many solid 3k suits like wing zero and reborns, they should have the upper hand in neutral against you.  So getting NTD online gives you a lot more freedom to dance around in their redlock range and start baiting things like zero system and reborns gaga's/sub relatively safely.

Question about NewTypeDestroy mode. When it is activated it stuns funnels?

Or are funnels useless the entire duration of NTD while targeting Unicorn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Question about NewTypeDestroy mode. When it is activated it stuns funnels?

Or are funnels useless the entire duration of NTD while targeting Unicorn?

On initial start-up it releases a psychoframe explosion that jams (nearby) funnel weapons, and its NT-D BC has the ability to stop funnel weapons, but it's not just simply impervious to funnel weapons while in NT-D. Skill mentions on the previous page though you should avoid doing either of these just for the sake of stopping funnels.

What I don't see mentioned anywhere is exactly what newtype/funnel weapons it will and won't stop:

• will stop: funnels (hi-nu, nu, sazabi, quebely, etc); SF's dragoons; bits (Cherudim?, Quan[T]?); fangs (Arche, Throne Drei?); Xi's funnel missiles.
  • won't stop: DX's G-bits, Turn-X separation parts, Zeong's wired hands, etc (includes RZ's wired hands also?)
  • it can stop: Nu's FF barrier and Cherudim's shild bits, but only if you hit them right before they assemble. It won't deactivate these shields once they are in use.
  • not sure: Ex-S INCOMs. Wiki doesn't say, but I'm assuming these fall under the wired guidance category and so cannot be jammed. Also not sure if the enemy still loses the ammo spent or not if you successfully jam their attack.

...that...would be awesome but blatantly OP if NT-D automatically popped its i-field generator to become impervious to funnel and beam weapons (although the i-field is different technology than the psychowave hack), or even if it just like heavily decreased tracking on them like Zero System or MEPE XD

Maybe a Full Armor abil- no, I'm not even going to imagine something like this happening, it would be too good.

NT-D does jam Rozen Zulu Sub and Ex-S BC INCOMs, which, let me say for the record is hella fucking bullshit in lore terms. Rozen Zulu can at least recall his jammed INCOMs but Uni BC cooldown is so short that they're incredibly difficult to use while Unicorn is in NT-D. And if you hit Unicorn with psycho jammer it should turn off his NT-D AND set it to zero dammit.

I made a random discovery last night: if your EX attack gets interrupted between the shield throw and the BM shot, the shield will remain in the ground, and if you manually shoot it it will still explode and damage anyone nearby o_o