Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Hokuto no Ken Advanced Gameplay FAQ

check at 0:17, yup, charged C+D leads to 4th star. I did the none charge one but it's just 3 star, last 236236C doesn't take off the extra star.

Saw it, http://www.geocities.jp/hokutodvd/07.html release the command list, no charging C+D at all. terrybogard is right! B+D removes the 3 star limit!!!

Okay so what exactly does the charged CD do? Does it just not count towards the limit or does it break the limit too?

Which combo?

① ☆5一撃 (ピヨリ時)

掴み投げ→ダッシュバニシングストライク→E→2C→ダム決壊→

一度思い知らせてあげよう→ヘヴィーストライク(漂流物ヒット)→E→

近C→南斗鷹爪破斬→一撃

1) 5 star FKO

B+D (1st star)> dash C+D (2nd star)>E>2C>236236C (3rd star)>41236B>A+B (4th star), floating object hit>E>close standing C> 214214C (5th star)>236C+D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65BApVLSWro

^ First combo of the vid

Edit:

Okay so what exactly does the charged CD do? Does it just not count towards the limit or does it break the limit too?

Dunno for sure, from what I read on Japanese BBS they said it breaks the limit.

Edit 2:

Now I look @ the Shin vid, that player actually didn't fully charge his BS. He did charge it a bit but not max for sure, am I missing something?

Command throw doesn't break the limit I am pretty sure about that. Maybe, maybe, you are right about the "charging state" thingy. Maybe, you have to time it too!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Hokuto no :psyduck: Talking about timing the BS, I did test Juda's corner throw > C+D > autoboost yesterday. It seems like you have to do C+D as soon as Juda can move after the throw while Comac is still scratching the opp. If you do the C+D later, autoboost doesn't come out. That's it for today. I have to eat something then go to sleep. I am going to fight Mr. Mamation tomorrow:kitty: Haven't play human matches for a long time, I'm probably going to lose very bad to him:sweatdrop:

Big update to the first post ... added stuff to the Startup/Recovery/Pre/Post Boosting sections. The whole 'recover into boost or not' difference between Pre and Post boost is pretty important as it's what lets you do the boost-hopping as well as some other random crazy shit I will probably post later. BTW if you didn't know, despite the fact most supers can't be boosted, you can boost Kenshiro's Zankaiken as much as you want. NOT SO WORTHLESS ANYMORE HO HO!! :sweatdrop:

Here is the one that will change your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7akrXqLJZ8

check at 0:17, yup, charged C+D leads to 4th star. I did the non charge one but it's just 3 star, last 236236C doesn't take off the extra star.

This isn't a full charged CD, to count as a different move than normal CD, you have to see the "energy ball" that comes out only when it's fully charged (at least on ps2).

I just tried, the CD in this combo isn't even charged enough to count as a different move than normal CD, and no matter how much i charge it (which isn't much if you want the combo to work), it only take 3 stars, btw did you try on ps2 or AW?

Because the AW 4 star into FKO combo you can see on the dvd takes only 3 star on ps2, so there is 3 things possible, either the (even little) charged CD, command grab or the extra star due to jump install glitchbreak the limit, anyway this as been corrected on ps2 as none of them works.

I'm going at a gathering tomorrow and we'll have an AW version, i'll try this out to see what breaks the limit with Shin (as now i can do the glitched 214C and 236C consistently thanks to ps2 training mode ^^).

So i played some HNK on AW as planned this week end, sadly we couldn't play much on this version because the owner only went on the evening so i couldn't try it ouside of versus, anyway i couldn't get 4 stars with Shin with any combo i tried, after some matchs i gave up and worked on landing muteking instead. But later in the night when we watched the combo dvd, and i noticed a very obvious thing i don't know why i didn't before, the opponent is dizzy when Shin does 4 star FKO, and it's the same thing with Thouther's and Juda's 5 star FKO combos. And for these 2, i don't see the purpose of having them stunned before the combo, so it might have something to do with this, anyway i'll look into this next time i'll play on AW (it doesn't work on ps2).

I've stmbled across an odd use for boost that uses no meter what so ever. If for example you do 2B, 2D, 236236A with Rei on Raoh, it will do 14 hits and 54 damage. However if you do 2B, 2D, 236236E+A it will do 20 hits and 72 damage. It seems to cancel the recovery of the move into the super at no cost at all, although it only works if you actually have boost meter to use... Wierd.

Sign in to follow this