Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

May vs Testament

Posted ImageTestament

Stats 4.5/5.5 May down.

Great Video examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1W6oTFXCEU '> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1W6oTFXCEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffV_vDxqNtw '> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffV_vDxqNtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDtuNDE2BU

Openers

His initiative- your counter

Testy 6K- 3K

Testy ForwardBeast – SVD

Testy 2S- SVD

Testy 2HS- SVD

Testy warrant- OHK

Punishes-

Generally no tension-

OHK

General 25%-

66, 5S, 2HS, FBSHD, 66, 5S, 5HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, 5HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD

Skull –3K

Badlands- 2D, FBHSHD,…

Beast- Can’t punish

Don’t bother Slashbacking in this fight

“If the testament player makes a lot of counters, sure you will break his game if you make a OHK and very cool combo later of that (if he see that if he makes a counter can be seriously punished ) sure he won make more free counters.” Nhur

Counters

Skull – CH 3K

HS-Beast – CH SVD

6K –CH 3K

5D - SVD

Anti Airing- PROPER anti-airing- 6P is not a catch all.

6P for Air Dash

He shouldn’t be jumping in at you.

Zoning

He zones you HARD, the majority of the fight is you getting in on him.

FBHSHD will get you a poke.lol

Look good enough for a poke. Right?

Their game plan

Set traps, nets, skulls and trees than punish you coming in. On the inside Testy has two overhead options that can BOTH be gatlined into: 6P and 5D. Testy has two low options that can be gatlined into: 2K and 2D. He has a good throw option, a counter that poisons and most importantly, every efficient guard break yields GREAT damage. Forward EXE beast TRADE Is definitely in his favor , he will spam Forward exe beast when nervous and when you are in the corner. Testy has INTENSE mix-up, Damage and zoning capabilities.

Testy has

+Easy combos for good damage that have lots of setups

+Good high/low/throw mix-ups with nice follow ups

+Good pressure game thanks to HS.EXE Beast

+Incredible okizeme game thanks to nets, trees, and S.EXE Beast

+Great zoning with his various traps

-He can keep pressure from getting to him but he has trouble getting pressure off him once it's on

-Lacks a solid air-to-ground attack CornerTrap

Because May is SOO FLOATY, he can ALWAYS do 6 Badlands loops on May, additionally the 6 BL’s give him tension for a KD with buffed up Trees very often.

May's Strategy

The first part of the fight requires you to get into YOUR attack range, this includes getting yourself close to him AND negating traps along the way. You have a few tools to destroying nets and deactivate trees:

- Jump Flash Guard and Air-dash

- Wiff a Horizontal Dolphin

- Hoop sets, but ONLY when Testy is in the air, as S-beast will always punish you.

- FBHSHD works but isn’t really worth it.

- 2S

- 5FS

“A lot of May attacks can make disappear the traps dolphins, 6 HS, 2 S, ad the trees you can make disappear it with dolphins too, if you think that you have a lucky day you can run to testament and OHK or 3K.” Nhur

“lol as silly as it might sound... mash air dash” Pulsr

One you’re in J.HS range, your really going to only do a few things:

-J.HS

-J.2HS from front

- J.2HS from back

- OHK

What’s great about these options is the knockdowns and the fact that NONE of them mess with HS Beast.

Finally you nailed your Abarea, you Knockdown, Stuff his ass with a 5K on wake up and Mix-up. Use 5D high, 5D[D] Low, Flat out OHK him, and use 6P to stuff his back-dash. 1 Abarea, 1 GOOD mix-up and he are done, LOLZ.

May’s Advantage in this fight is her Abarea/ Air to Ground because of Testy’s limited efficient anti-Air options.

General comments-

When he pressures S-Beast, Jump and guard as you will not get pushed into Testament for more mix-up.

Jackhound does NOT destroy blood nest.

DON’T use Jackhound in this fight PERIOD.

His Reversal Super (Nightmare Circle)doesn’t have an active hitbox next to him, so run towards his downed body, IF he does it on wake-up you get a CH 5K, or a free OHK.

Don’t get caught jumping by his 6K, it’s seriously his BEST move in this match.

His HS-Beast doesn’t have an active hitbox next to him, so run towards his downed body, IF he does it on wake-up you get a CH 5K, or a free OHK.

Learn to guard his mix-up, it’s almost as good as Eddie.

Don’t guard his 5D, b/c he can now FRC for tricks, just jump.

Testy does TK BL on your wake-up it will cross-up.

Testy does AirDash BL on your wake-up it will cross-up.

Testy does Tree, IAD, BL on your wake-up, the tree crosses up.

Posted Image Abarea/Air to Ground > Posted ImageAnti-Air, Assuming the zoning doesn’t kill ya

I would like to give a special thanks to Nhur and Fraley, as these contributions are scattered all over this match-up. Thanks, :yaaay:

Combo Specific Details.

Testy is a Fatty-Type Normal weight, and Knockdowns build great mind games, Testy HAS to guard on wake up. JI’s and Delays work, he's very simple and FUN to combo. THREE LOOPS are possiable of just S, HS, SVD. The third loop is soo hard to hit, I would recommend doing 5P, 5S, HSVD instead.

OHK Combo

6HS, SVD, 5S, HS, SVD, 5P, 5S, HSVD

5D combo

Pro Dust 4, Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Jump Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works Great on Testament

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, 5S, HSVD

6P combo

The 5HS wiffs

IAD combo

Yep Yep a go go\

Jackhound reliability

NEVER HITS!

Double Dolphin Upper

J.2HS, 2D, FBHSVD, AirDash, J.K, J.HS, HSVD, 5S, HSVD...

2HS, 2D

The 2D wiffs

Will edit 2morrow, have alot to contribute in how to block mix up successfully. Mix up Defense: You need to train yourself to block low and WATCH for the overheads as they are the longest startup frames in his oki. After some training 6p should be able to be blocked on pure reaction, guessing is not going to get you anywhere in this match up (it will work a few times but you need to be perfect.) 5d takes 29 frames and 6p takes 17. Another reason why i say u need to learn to block these on reaction is because they will throw 2k 6p at you and if you cant react to it your most likely going to eat it. His 5d mixup is punishable if you are watching for it (as long as he doesnt frc, he would have to anticipate as doing it on reaction imo is impossible (less then 10 frames) ). This is another reason why blocking low should be the default in this match you want him to try to whore out that 5d. Anyways SVDFB j.s land 2d FBHSHD etc. The timing for this is strict as is the the height you FB because you dont want it to hit him to early and the lateness of j.s (doing it almost as you land). The most annoying thing about testiment during your oki is that 6p combo wont work on his back dash. You can punish it with running with him and ohk or a late 2d into fbhd, the problems with this is that it either leaves you open to wake up grab or just blocking 2d which pretty much ends your oki. I'm looking to a late iad pressure to punish this backdash fucked up sprite testiment has but being that i dont have a ps2, it would be nice if someone could look into this for me. Of coarse having a hoop up solves this but also takes up tension in most cases so a non hoop alternative would be nice. BTW i disagree with doing 6hs svd in any combo when it can be replaced by simple B&B dolphin loop. This is just plainly on the difficulty of 6hs svd and tournament proration (the fact you will always play worse in tournaments then in casuals). Dropping a combo is a bigger risk then getting 4-5% more dmg on an already 60-70% combo. Also dont worry about hitting a big combo(ch) when hes at 35-40% testiment has no guts rating and only an average 1.00 def modifer so he will take big damage no matter what combo(B&B link) you hit him with at the end of a match (compared to Ba and Anji.) P.S. Jackhammer is safe to use when you ohk to close to the corner and he crosses over head during it. (i've never had it miss under that condition.)

Seeing as how I made the change to testament, there are two noteable things that I have noticed to his defense. One if you get a nice clean low airdash aka jump back, fall and iad, testament can't really do anything about that unless he has a fort set around him. 2nd He has a crap load of recovery on his important anti may normals, 2s and 6k. If you get him to whiff I would say jump and bait a forward exe beast, or if you were already in the air iad away like a lunatic.

Yeah his jumping HS does that, but I wouldn't go for a 6p anyways because he can easily air stall with webs. Dolphinize

Sign in to follow this