B - Melee
C - Boost
D - Camera
COM - Communication

Combo Notation

-> - Direct Cancel
>> - Boost Dash Cancel
> - Rainbowstep Cancel

6B - Side Melee (sometimes written as 4/6B)
8B - Up Melee
2B - Down Melee
5B - Neutral Melee

If other inputs are written within a melee string, they are followups. For example, 5BA means Neutral Melee with an A followup, synonymous to 5B~A.

Glossary of Terms

BR - Beam Rifle
CSa - Charge Shot A
CSb - Charge Shot B
Sub - A+B
Special Melee - B+C
Special Shot - A+C
Burst/Activate - A+B+C
Zunda - Generally refers to a BR >> BR >> BR knockdown
BD - Boost Dash
Gerobi - A kind of beam that stays active for a long time
Fuwastep - A jump while sidestepping
Fuwafuwa - A small hop, often used to change up your landing timing or gain boost-efficient evasive movement
Amekyan - A technique that cancels your vernier'd move into a non-vernier move, allowing you to "fastfall" out of laggy moves. Often done by cancelling Assist into BR / Main.
Edited by brett_

While this is more terminology than button notation, and I guess most likely best applies just to wiki translations, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea that when we put up the notation/terminology page (we are doing that right?) we also include brief descriptions of what some of the move properties mean? I'm gonna collect a list of terms I see often, like:

のけぞり stagger vs regular stagger vs strong stagger

半回転 Down vs 特殊 Down vs Unforced Down vs non-ukemi Down

Just to name a few, also recognizing that there are strong and weak stuns and more things. Or is this something that really is considered over-analytical information and not important for including and explaining for playing the game?

hello!

sorry for a noob question, but i wonder why people calling gundam exvs as 'exvs vanilla'? curious to know.

Vanilla refers to the base game. They say that to let you know they're not talking about Full Boost. At least, that's what it seems like to me. I'm pretty new here lol

Yes, because the PS3 now has both the original EXVS and the Full Boost followup, and because the arcades have the second followup Maxi Boost - all 3 under the EXVS brand - the original is just affectionately called vanilla (like Vanilla WoW. "base flavor" if you will).

Because vanilla is considered the blandest, most basic stage of ice cream flavors - nothing special nothing added :P

Again, it's used in a few different game series that span multiple titles.

Because vanilla is considered the blandest, most basic stage of ice cream flavors - nothing special nothing added :P

Again, it's used in a few different game series that span multiple titles.

Really? I dont really like ice cream so i dunno lol. Anyway! thanks for answering my weird question pal! :D

Funnels are those flying things that suits like Nu/Sazabi/Qubeley throw out.

To build upon what Cosmic was saying, they're devices that fly out of suits that shoot projectiles. Think of them like moving turrets in mid-air. Most of them only shoot 1 beam at a time in EXVSFB.

Here's a good video demonstration Nu Gundam's fin funnels in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZtQ4rw9poU#t=90

Sign in to follow this