Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

Xblaze Code:Embryo to be released in NA?

I guess that means its official, Aksys works their magic again, for not 1, but 2 Vita releases in the BB universe, oh joy! :kitty:

Waste of time and resources. There are many, many better untranslated visual novels on consoles and handhelds they could have picked from. This is going to end badly for Aksys, especially with an expensive cross-platform physical release. A tenuous connection to the BB universe won't be enough to prevent the usual consumer apathy that accompanies any NA visual novel localization that isn't Phoenix Wright, Zero Escape, or Dangan Ronpa, especially when this one is of dubious quality.

A tenuous connection to the BB universe won't be enough to prevent the usual consumer apathy that accompanies any NA visual novel localization that isn't Phoenix Wright, Zero Escape, or Dangan Ronpa, especially when this one is of dubious quality.

I wouldn't exactly call the connection tenuous. Although it raises some continuity questions, it does have a clear connection in CP's story.

Furthermore, they've had some success with non-Zero Escape VNs, if their seemingly regular stream of otomege is anything to go by. It is still possible, of course, that it won't do well, since even in Japan, which has a higher concentration of hardcore fans, it only sold through about half its shipment of either version, but considering BB was their moneymaker before their VNs and they're apparently playing up the connection between the two, I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.

Waste of time and resources. There are many, many better untranslated visual novels on consoles and handhelds they could have picked from. This is going to end badly for Aksys, especially with an expensive cross-platform physical release. A tenuous connection to the BB universe won't be enough to prevent the usual consumer apathy that accompanies any NA visual novel localization that isn't Phoenix Wright, Zero Escape, or Dangan Ronpa, especially when this one is of dubious quality.

Do note that Dangan Ronpa's success is far from guaranteed, and it only gained popularity about two years ago (two years after its release).

I suppose ASW feel that X-Blaze is more important to understanding BB plot than everyone feels, especially since it's supposed to be the first game in the series. I already bought the JP version, but I might buy it again just to support the genre.

Hmm, I guess I should be happy that we're getting this localized. I mean, the move is pretty damn unexpected by my account. Though I am unsure if I should buy it since BBCP comes out before it and I've never played a VN style game before. I guess I'll see what the asking price is because, as much as I'd like to know and fill in the many holes concerning the story of BB, I am not about to go and pay full price for the privilege.

Hmm, I guess I should be happy that we're getting this localized. I mean, the move is pretty damn unexpected by my account. Though I am unsure if I should buy it since BBCP comes out before it and I've never played a VN style game before. I guess I'll see what the asking price is because, as much as I'd like to know and fill in the many holes concerning the story of BB, I am not about to go and pay full price for the privilege.

The price is 40$, Mike Engler on the PSBlog said that everything on that Amazon page is correct

"+ Mike Engler on February 11th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Just checked with the powers that be, and yes, Amazon is correct on all counts.

*Sigh* I wish I knew all of this beforehand…"

$40, eh? Alright, I'm game. Thanks.

Bit surprised it is JPN audio only but then again, I can't say I blame them. Hiring a whole slew of ENG voice actors for a game that'll very likely not sell well at all, even with its connection to BB, would most likely have either increased the price or made Aksys/ASW lose even more money or both.

Does the XBlaze demo has display issues? The text appears too close to the bottom of the screen, part of it is out of frame and the display setting does not fix the problem.

Does the XBlaze demo has display issues? The text appears too close to the bottom of the screen, part of it is out of frame and the display setting does not fix the problem.

I think it does, Even if I use Type B display, the text is still too close to the bottom, but still read-able. Though Type C might take care of it, but only if you have to deal with dark boarders around and the screen a bit smaller, but wide enough to see the background and text.

I think it does, Even if I use Type B display, the text is still too close to the bottom, but still read-able. Though Type C might take care of it, but only if you have to deal with dark boarders around and the screen a bit smaller, but wide enough to see the background and text.

Yes, TypeC "fix" the problem but, come on, that's not the point. This is a HD game, it's stupid to play it in a reduce screen. Even if the text is readable, the fact that the most important part of the game is wrongly placed is a problem.

Yeah, since there's no proper option to actually fit the sceen to your liking instead of 3 different sceen options. But what can you do...>_>

Sounds like a botched Vita conversion. I'm suspecting the game was developed with the Vita in mind first. Dragon's Crown also suffered from similar issues.

Yeah, since there's no proper option to actually fit the sceen to your liking instead of 3 different sceen options. But what can you do...>_>

Let Aksys know that we are concern about this. I already post a message in their Facebook page, they told me to send an e-mail to Aksys support and that they are going to see what the problem is.

Sounds like a botched Vita conversion. I'm suspecting the game was developed with the Vita in mind first. Dragon's Crown also suffered from similar issues.

What? I have the PS3 version of Dragon's Crownd and I don't have that kind of problem.