Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malcopunch

New Fighting Game Based On Shining Series

Got charged too. Wanna try this

Also using mah Sonia :kitty: only char that has caught my attention lol

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Got the game and been labing it out with Ryuuga.

Still trying to wrap my head arond the game but I think I can make sense of few things.

For now I'll juts comment on Ryuuga whome seem to be uninspire shoto with some stronge normals.

3 hours ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

Tried Sonia?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I tried bit of her when experimenting with universal mechanics. Initial impression just seem like she different version of sakuya. Now for Misty I played against the cpu version and she looking potentially strong, Reasonable AA, great space control, her damage doesn't seem strong but oki gonna be challenge to deal with. 

But for now I've been focusing on Ryuga who doesn't seem all bad outside of normal's. Running him with urayukihime..

Blade arcus mechanics option are surprisingly large but I can see why the current tier list placing. As some else mention, the current strong character can play consistently with minimal risk. Other have to use resources to get their game going. Of course once the top tier start doing the same the rewards get abysmal.  Top tier do seem to have set play they can do why other have to be creative. Blade arcus provides the "means" to do so but risk seem really high. 

Been playing around with Urayukihime for a while now. I'm really starting to hate the fact that she has no cross-up at all except for her air special which is a hard knockdown. Overall, she seems more like a poke character at best with short combos due to her attack speed being rather low in comparison to some of the other characters (I'll say her speed is about as same or a little her than say......Rosaline). Also, am I the only feeling as though Rouna feels so much like Ibuki?

For now, I'm trying to find a good partner with her so I've been testing with Misty, Xiaomei, Rouna, & Pairon.

1 hour ago, MikuruX said:

Been playing around with Urayukihime for a while now. I'm really starting to hate the fact that she has no cross-up at all except for her air special which is a hard knockdown. Overall, she seems more like a poke character at best with short combos due to her attack speed being rather low in comparison to some of the other characters (I'll say her speed is about as same or a little her than say......Rosaline). Also, am I the only feeling as though Rouna feels so much like Ibuki?

For now, I'm trying to find a good partner with her so I've been testing with Misty, Xiaomei, Rouna, & Pairon.

#Essentially Poke and wiff punish is all you want to do with her and wait on opponents to do something that lead to huge punish. She has several AA all with follow up potential. 236a sweet spot for wall bounce, a counter super to protect her from bocked attack or antit assisst/ projectile. She essentially has all she needs to play in footsie game. lack of cross up ( which she should be doing subtly). A freaking  command normal that active for days.days.4/6b). She top four for a reason.

5 minutes ago, Keo-bas said:

#Essentially Poke and wiff punish is all you want to do with her and wait on opponents to do something that lead to huge punish. She has several AA all with follow up potential. 236a sweet spot for wall bounce, a counter super to protect her from bocked attack or antit assisst/ projectile. She essentially has all she needs to play in footsie game. lack of cross up ( which she should be doing subtly). A freaking  command normal that active for days.days.96b). She top four for reason.

I kinda figured as much. As for an assist partner, I think I found a good synergy between her and Rouna or Pairon. So I guess I have my 3 mains now (Urayukihime, Misty, & Rouna).

Pairon is paired with alot, I think rouna is good fit for Urayukihime.

EDIT:

I'm personally have Ryuuga and Urayukihime as my squad. I'm not sure if its due to recent ballance changes on console but I feel Ryuuga is been sorely under developed.

Ryuuga lv2 assist gives her projectile to work with m it can be good combo fodder from many situation, even grabs. His Lv3 assisst is little tricky to work with in combos, but as inteerupt reversal he does crumble allowing better time for oki, its even pretty good if they bait it since his lv3 assist does 4 hit as decent pressure.

his tag team assistt is similar to Pairon but his seem notably faster than making easy to combo for Urayukihime counter super for whooping 4k. 

On 11/14/2015, 7:29:04, KwRIOT said:

The lack of Altina suggests she is still a bad character.

ht

As low tier hero.....its hard for me to say she bad...but...she not easy to play either. your spacing has point like Hilda/yuzuha from UNIElm but execution as strong as Venom or Vatista. Her combos gives great meter build, decent damage, and oki/ set ups. Her faults comes in having no reliable reversal meterless and the fact she needs or be able to convert from grabs/overhead Normal.

5 hours ago, Keo-bas said:

As low tier hero.....its hard for me to say she bad...but...she not easy to play either. your spacing has point like Hilda/yuzuha from UNIElm but execution as strong as Venom or Vatista. Her combos gives great meter build, decent damage, and oki/ set ups. Her faults comes in having no reliable reversal meterless and the fact she needs or be able to convert from grabs/overhead Normal.

What changes happened to Altina between Ver.1.01 and Ver.2.00? She completely dropped off the map after.

How much damage do her combos do? What are some BnBs and oki options of her? Can you link me to some match videos of people playing her?

I don't know if the information is up to date with patches, but you can always check the jp wiki for combos : http://seesaawiki.jp/bladearcus/ If you can read the language a bit, sometimes there's a section explaining neutral, matchups, what moves are useful for, etc.

8 hours ago, KwRIOT said:

What changes happened to Altina between Ver.1.01 and Ver.2.00? She completely dropped off the map after.

How much damage do her combos do? What are some BnBs and oki options of her? Can you link me to some match videos of people playing her?

I can attempt to record few thing but I havent been able to find that one video with strong Altina. Im sure blade Arcus doesnt have alot of strong players, and not willing to deal with Altina learning curve for being a charge characters.

. Altina in corner is able to Arror loop her opponent for some strong damage. both juggle and standing. she has sweep that but opponent in juggle state instead of hard knockdown. her oki comes from her 214x command which she launches arrow in the air and have it fall down at certain spots after period of time. her super version is basically Dr. Doom hidden missile Altina C normal are like projectile that travel fairly slow so they work good as meaty and space control on top Altina zoning.. 

@Keo-bas

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. In the meanwhile, I just want to know how you're coming to these conclusions?

You say Altina gets decent damage and meter from combos, but what are you basing this on? How much damage/meter build do the rest of the characters do in comparison? Who can do more/less? 

In regards to her faults:

You say she lacks a meterless reversal, but so do Rage, Roselinde, and Urayukihime (UYH) and I've see way more footage of those three being played. Not having a reversal doesn't automatically make a character bad to the point of no one playing her.

As far as I know, the only way to confirm after throws and overheads is by spending meter on Offensive Force. Roselinde, Rage, Fenrir, Melty (and probably a bunch others) has to OF afterwards in order to combo. How can you consider that a fault of Altina when that seems to be pretty universal?

Also, what corner loops are you talking about? A bunch (all?) of her C normals lost a lot of hitstun in Ver.2.00. If the loop consists of a 5C or j.C, I'm sure it's gone now.

Sorry, I just don't think your information on Altina's strengths and weaknesses are based off of anything substantial.

12 hours ago, pochp said:

I don't know if the information is up to date with patches, but you can always check the jp wiki for combos : http://seesaawiki.jp/bladearcus/ If you can read the language a bit, sometimes there's a section explaining neutral, matchups, what moves are useful for, etc.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it looks like Altina's page was last updated in February and is obsolete.

3 hours ago, KwRIOT said:

@Keo-bas

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. In the meanwhile, I just want to know how you're coming to these conclusions?

I made some assumption thank for pointing these things out and questioning them. Wasn;t aware of Rage, Urayukihime lack of reversals. 

I just have bad habit making assumption.

Warning 

video in spoiler cause long scroll

Spoiler

altina arrow loop

Altina Arrow juggle

Altina Instant Overhead

Altina Misc (Stagger, frame traps) 

Playstation 4's shareplay feature allows ps4 systems to connect directly system to system online. Using this we can play vs mode. Shareplay is pretty much netplay for this game , since there is no online network.  Is there a matchmaking chat/something on here where potential challengers gather?  #GoodInternetRequired #TeamAltina 

13 hours ago, WOLFKRONE said:

Playstation 4's shareplay feature allows ps4 systems to connect directly system to system online. Using this we can play vs mode. Shareplay is pretty much netplay for this game , since there is no online network.  Is there a matchmaking chat/something on here where potential challengers gather?  #GoodInternetRequired #TeamAltina 

Awesome! This is the first time in this thread anyone's suggested such a workaround for netplay. Don't think there's any matchmaking going on simply because nobody's thought of this yet. I'm willing to give this a try.

Hey DL, how many of you have or are planning to get the PS4 version? Let's see if there's any online potential here. Be sure to include your location if it's not already displayed.  :toot:

13 minutes ago, KwRIOT said:

Awesome! This is the first time in this thread anyone's suggested such a workaround for netplay. Don't think there's any matchmaking going on simply because nobody's thought of this yet. I'm willing to give this a try.

Hey DL, how many of you have or are planning to get the PS4 version? Let's see if there's any online potential here. Be sure to include your location if it's not already displayed.  :toot:

well I really like this game and online functionality for me a must. so I be focus this holiday season to getting it. 

This seem legit as pignuts another fellow Dl member attempted to share play with me but wasn't aware I was on ps3. 

48 minutes ago, SilverForte said:

Wait, so with this share play does this mean that only one person needs to own the game?

I digged through some old articles and according Eurogamer and other sources the second person doesn't need to have a copy of the game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-ps4s-system-update-to-v2-00-will-introduce-share-play
Quote: "It won't be necessary for your friend to own that game, [...]"

But it still possible that SEGA was so "smart" and decided to block this feature, which is possible for the developers/publishers: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-not-all-games-are-on-board-with-ps4-share-play
I hope that they didn't block it, but Alien: Isolation had this feature too, so there is a good chance that it is available.

Here is also a guide from Playstations website for Share Play: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/features/share-play/
Video: https://youtu.be/aze6aI3lQOo

So, if the option isn't blocked, and according to the guide, both players need: a Japanese PSN account (because Share Play is restricted to the games which are available in the countries respective PlayStores), Playstation Plus (I honestly have no idea if the JP PSN account needs to have Plus or any other account) and a good internet connection. Only the host needs to have a copy of the game.

Yes... only one person needs to own the game. You must be logged in on your Japanese account  in order for shareplay for this specific game to work. A friend of mines ( who opted to buy the digital copy thursday nov 26) was on his American psn account and I ( waiting on hard copy to arrive Monday, was curious in wanting to try out the game)  was on my American psn account.  In our first attempt to shareplay ... a prompt message appeared stating that shareplay would not work because xxxx game has not released in your country etc etc. So I logged in on my Japanese psn account and the shareplay worked.I was able to try out training mode, characters,  fight vs him , etc .. literally full access to everything.  So as long as the person who owns the game is a playstation plus member he can shareplay as long as the other person is on their Japanese account.