Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malcopunch

New Fighting Game Based On Shining Series

Who wants to share her with me, i will give you a $10 psn card

Wish I would, if I had the game, lol. But not at those import prices, lol. At least I have a separate JP acct that I can check out regardless.

(Though you shouldn't have avoided my question and answered if the DLC is still working, or have expired, considering your post, I think its still working, I assume.)

The code that comes with the voucher expired on jan 31, 2016.

The dlc is nowhere on the psn.

My guess is that the sales of the game have been dissapointed for sega so they simply didn't care anymore.

I see, that sucks, so like in a U/MVC 3 situation, Sonia is forever lost in DLC purgatory, never to come back again (unless otherwise noted). I know you tried to share it, but it wouldn't work, cause expiration, would have been nice if it did, if there was an extension date for the DLC. >.>

16 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The code that comes with the voucher expired on jan 31, 2016.

The dlc is nowhere on the psn.

My guess is that the sales of the game have been dissapointed for sega so they simply didn't care anymore.

My god a whole character forever lost? Thats the worst fate imaginable. I was holding off on this due to no online but the DLC is straight up gone already? Horrible.

I just checked everything myself and, yeah, it seems that Sonia is currently nowhere available. She even doesn't have a own page in the PSN store. That is really very unfortunate.

Maybe it is possible to ask SEGA or the team (developer, PR) behind it if there are any plans on releasing her as paid DLC? Because they haven't completely abandoned Blade Arcus; the latest patch for the arcade version added Sonia and Misty as playable characters and the official Twitter account still announces events in which it is a tournament game.

But I just wonder: how will be this handled in tournaments? She likely will be banned because only a very small amount of people even have access to her, or?

I tried to contact the official twitters of Blade Arcus, Sega Japan and the Shining Series, but i assume that because they were posted on english they will be simply ignored.

The weird thing is that there is not really info abou what happened to her not in japanese even less other language.

Hmmm....I'll try to see if I can contact someone who can probably get a hold of them regarding the issue.

Important news regarding Sonia: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/blade-arcus-shining-ex-additional-character-sonia-released-free-dlc-japan

She is now available for everyone as a free DLC (PS4, PS3)

Better late than never, eh? At least Blade Arcus doesn't share the same fate as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, though they should told their customer that they planed to support the game after the release AKA release her at a latter date.
Blade Arcus is also now 40 % off for PS+ and 20% for regular users in the Japanese Playstation Store until July 19.

Thanks for the info, already downloaded her.

Btw, anyone knows what is the best and fastest way to get credits to unlock the gallery?

7 hours ago, Steve-Fiction said:

(PS4 would have been even better than Steam though)

It'll get more play on Steam at this point. What's not to like?

Degica only does digital games and Digital Fighter obscure fighter is not going toget nearly anough attention on ps4.

. Its already available in PS4 by import, and those who cared enough already got it and most likely wont double dip for same console. Better to put it on device that did;dnt have it readily available and its been shown that new stuff do better on steam than console version. 

The only thing that i ask is that they patch the netcode on the ps4 version :v:

11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The only thing that i ask is that they patch the netcode on the ps4 version :v:

I doubt it, but they probably won't, sorry. >.>

Most likely wont happen because the netcode is done by Team Saisanzen and not by Sega. There is no telling how online is going to be like but since they did the online stuff for Code of Princess, it may be decent....not good but decent enough to play.

I have doubts of this Netcode being serviceable but I welcome it none the less. I just want this game with some form english text.

I wonder if the game will have balance changes..probably not. 

On 7/23/2016 at 0:27 AM, Keo-bas said:

I have doubts of this Netcode being serviceable but I welcome it none the less. I just want this game with some form english text.

Can you go into details about that. I can ask my contact at Degica Games about it to see if it is.

8 hours ago, MikuruX said:

Can you go into details about that. I can ask my contact at Degica Games about it to see if it is.

Its I have doubts of this Netcode being serviceable but I welcome it none the less. I just want this game with some form english text.

It's on the steam page store. Image of translated menu and story text, and menu with online feature. 

ss_b64628ffee150e058ec2d81dc236bc89ff19e

ss_99eb537a66bae655f8fe9b21cafcafc592775

On 7/24/2016 at 1:44 PM, Keo-bas said:

Its I have doubts of this Netcode being serviceable but I welcome it none the less. I just want this game with some form english text.

It's on the steam page store. Image of translated menu and story text, and menu with online feature. 

ss_b64628ffee150e058ec2d81dc236bc89ff19e

ss_99eb537a66bae655f8fe9b21cafcafc592775

The version of Blade Arcus we're getting is based on the Blade Arcus from Shining 2.1 EX version. As the screenshots suggests, this version will include an online mode developed by Team Saisenzen but in exchange, we'll be losing the Art Gallery and such that was found in the PS3/PS4 JP release. Degica Games is trying to see if they can add it into the game but since their only playing an advisor role for this, they won't have much pull in the decision making process so it entirely up to Team Saisenzen.

On a side note, I will be working with Degica Games at Anime Weekend Atlanta with promoting their games (They will be with us at the convention along with Nintendo. Working on Arc System Works again this year (Would like to get Aksys Games to attend but I can't get no response out of them. If anyone can help with this, please let me know. Their probably going to support CEOtaku most likely since both run on the same weekend).

Just another side note:

There was update as of yesterday that addresses the online play. From my current experience with it, it's gotten a hell of a lot better than it was initially. At least - for the time being - I'm able to play against players in Japan with a good connection and no lag.

Now this would be a complete package if they added Arena Mode, Art Gallery, & Stylish (for casual players).

Hit me up if you wanna netplay and are somewhat close to the west coast. I want to get some more games in. Anytime after 8pm is OK.