Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madworlder

[FB] ∀ Gundam

Unit: SYSTEM ∀-99 (WD-M101)

Pilot: Rolan Cehack

HP: 750

Move List

[A]: Hammer

∀ launches one of its hammers out towards the target. It stretches out and then retracts. You can cancel it before it's fully outstretched. One hit knocks down!

[CSa]: Beam Cannon

∀'s gerobi. Pretty standard.

[8CSa]: Abdomen Beam

Fly over the target and shoot a beam from ∀'s abdomen. Stuns.

[CSb]: Nuke

∀ throws a nuclear warhead stored in its chest. Takes a long time to throw! Beware!

[AB]: Beam Rifle

∀ fires its beam rifle three times. Quicker than most Zunda'd BR shots, but doesn't have much ammo.

[AC]: Kapool Assist

Call Sochie or Miashei. Neutral has the Kapool stay in position and fire three missiles, while holding a direction causes the Kapool to run towards the target and attack.

[bC]: Tomoe Nage

Run towards the opponent and throw them behind ∀ into the air.

[8BC]: Shield Attack

∀ uses its shield to rush at the opponent. Auto-guards attacks. Follow up with B.

[2BC]: Cleave

∀ hops in the air and comes down with a beam saber. Follow up with B.

[ABC Super]: Moonlight Butterfly

The most powerful weapon in the universe. Don't whiff, you'll get hit.

When awakened, 3x hammer zunda does 299 damage (;゚д゚) ・・・ Who needs melee?

Also there are two different [AB] shooting animations (one and two handed) with different speed / muzzle correction properties. Pretty neat.

My favorite suit and I'm so glad it improved in Full Boost! Since it's a 3K, I'm kinda hesitant to use it online until my game improves, however I did fairly well with it in vanilla. Love the extra variations BC got. Really looking forward to using it!

Seeing Japanese players do a sort of wavedash with the 2BC. The amount of mobility the suit has is absolutely ridiculous.

Funnily enough, I recall once going yolo Wings of Light with V2 AB and beating out Moonlight Butterfly as well in a funny exchange...

Since I don't have much time to test out things (let alone play the game ;_;!!!), does anyone know off-hand what and how much ∀'s 2B can soak up? Can it be effectively used as anti-melee as well?

how much ∀'s 2B can soak up? Can it be effectively used as anti-melee as well?

You're probably thinking 8BC, with the shield. 2B is Hammer twirl. I'm pretty sure it absorbs all incoming shots from the front, I don't believe it works on melee but I could be wrong. It takes a while for the shield to come out, so I would personally choose 2BC's jump in close-range.

Well I'm curious on the durability of 8BC as well, but I was actually indeed wondering about the hammer twirl. I recall blocking a few stray BR shots in the past with it and it's definitely a melee attack, but I've never really paid it much mind to gauge how reliable it is in certain scenarios.

Oh wow, I've never blocked a thing with that. I'm pretty sure armor just works as blocking different types of attacks in this game, so it's probably just BR invulnerable.

His 2B absorbs all projectiles until he stops spinning his chain and ball, if I recall correctly. In other words, I would refrain from using it for gerobis or anything long lasting, because he tends to stop spinning before the beam stops.

A question about Burst choice.  Most of the JP players I've seen pick Blast with him, is there a reason behind that aside from the longer duration and buffed defense (which are certainly nice)?

Turn A doesn't seem to have anything crucial to reload (the extra reload is nice tho).  Assault seems to better correspond with its emphasis on melee, but with the changes in FB it seems that Turn A revolves less around 6b and more around 2BC --> brake cancel A.

I might be wrong though, since I don't even have the game yet :( waiting for summer to start playing

You are able to step his main in Blast, which is really goddamn good.

Oh yeah fuck that is good LOL

Completely forgot about step-cancelling projectile attacks during Blast, now it makes sense.  Zunda hammer too good LOL

BTW, Brett's transition guide mentions that you can step-cancel vernier moves "with some exceptions".  I'm assuming that more powerful vernier moves (i.e. gerobis, nuke, etc.) cannot be step cancelled?

BTW, Brett's transition guide mentions that you can step-cancel vernier moves "with some exceptions".  I'm assuming that more powerful vernier moves (i.e. gerobis, nuke, etc.) cannot be step cancelled?

No, you are able to step gerobis in Blast. And I'm sure you're able to step Turn A's or GP02's nuke.

On the top of my head, I can't recall a move that's not step-cancellable in Blast.

You can't step cancel while in MA, nor can you step cancel moves that are uncancellable. You also cannot step most form changes (Nu's Pyramid, F91's MEPE, etc).

I was curious about how this unit's sub worked so I had a go at TLing its section on the JP wiki. I'm not good at understanding video game jargon but I think this is mostly correct, if you have no issues with it feel free to use it in a future wiki page.

The most powerful ranged weapon of the Turn A. Fires the beam rifle 3 times.
Although it causes vernier, you will continue to glide with inertia. Consumes boost while firing.
Since it applies guidance and tracking on every shot, this move is excellent in all regards except damage. It's not unusal for an opponent to step cancel and still recieve the 2nd or 3rd hits.
Although not as strong as in the previous title, the guidance is still something. The beam bends to an extent unimaginable with a regular BR.
Its strong guidance and muzzle correction make it superior for cutting. Even if the opponent evades your cut with a rainbow step the follow-up shots will still track them.
Using this to slide backwards in tandem with main can give your opponent a hard time. The high rate of inertia preservation combined with the re-application of muzzle correction makes it very annoying. But it eats boost so remember to take care with your landing.

Cancelling this from main is easy and a strong technique to pursue an enemy.
With the exception of its slow-to-charge CS, this is Turn A's only beam attack, with infinite range and the ability to score a down with 1 input.
As long as you fire sufficiently early, you can counter moves like G-Bit Satellite Cannon and Hyper-Mega Cannon via breaking the super armour and exchanging fire.

Turn A can fire the beam rifle with either 1 hand or 2 hands.

When firing with 1 hand, the startup is low but so is the muzzle correction. The perfect weapon for quickly raining down fire on an opponent.
When firing with both hands, the startup increases and the muzzle correction is strengthened. An ideal weapon for annoyingly poking away at an opponent.

To put it simply, while rising during a jump you will fire with 1 hand, and in all other circumstances you will use both hands.
Since the last game there is a technique where by pressing the boost button for a split second while on the ground (but not jumping), then using sub, allows you to fire 1-handed while on the ground.
So essentially you can force the usage of 1-handed fire immediately after entering a C button command in any situation. Likewise, by inserting a delay beforehand, 2-handed firing is also possible in any situation.
The condition for 1-handed fire is either rising jump state or the activation of the boost/jump button, and therefore directional input is completely irrelevant.

The update could possibly have improved this attack's interception performance. More research required.

@ Sabator:  I'll be stealing this for an eventual Turn A page then, thanks!

If you're up for future translations like this, please let me know so I can accommodate for you (i.e. be lazy and let you translate it for me :D) and work on the other parts of the page.  This a big help to me, so thanks again :)

After spending some more time with this unit I've realised the stuff written above about 1-handed/2-handed firing is essentially completely wrong, I've double and triple checked the translation but there's no ambiguity about it. Could this possibly be something that was changed between arcade and PS3 port? In my experience playing the game, Turn A generally fires with 2 hands when making any kind of strictly horizontal movement; a Boost Dash, or a step. He fires 1-handed in all other scenarios, including rising, falling and standing on the ground.

After spending some more time with this unit I've realised the stuff written above about 1-handed/2-handed firing is essentially completely wrong, I've double and triple checked the translation but there's no ambiguity about it. Could this possibly be something that was changed between arcade and PS3 port? In my experience playing the game, Turn A generally fires with 2 hands when making any kind of strictly horizontal movement; a Boost Dash, or a step. He fires 1-handed in all other scenarios, including rising, falling and standing on the ground.

Well, most everything else is right, so I wouldn't say "is essentially completely wrong."

To put it simply, while rising during a jump you will fire with 1 hand, and in all other circumstances you will use both hands.

When you translated this from the wiki, it's possible the writer neglected to include falling.  I'm assuming they just flat out excluded firing while standing on the ground, since there's very little practical use for firing Sub on the ground :P.

When I translated it in my 3000 Google Docs stuff, I just read it as "horizontal movement = two hands, vertical = one hand".