Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Combo/Setup Listing and Discussion

Mid-screen Air Throw Combos

Just some different ways you can combo from throw, all of them leads to knockdown. You can do more damage if you don't do KD ofc and I'll leave it to you to find the best choice. If you land a throw closer to the ground you can usually connect a 2HS into GS on most characters I think, but it's a bit trickier when they are higher up.

vs Sol:

AT RC Airdash late j.S c.S 2HS 623HS - 105 Damage

AT RC 2HS(2) 214K 623HS - 107 Damage

AT RC 3HS 623HS - 91 Damage

vs Chipp

AT RC Airdash late j.HS c.S 2HS 623HS - 141 Damage

AT RC land dash c.S 2HS(2) 214K 623HS - 147 Damage

AT RC 3C 623HS

vs Millia

AT RC Airdash late j.HS c.S 623HS - 122 Damage

AT RC 2HS(2) 623HS - 118 Damage

vs Potemkin

AT RC c.S 2HS(2) 214K 623HS - 106 Damage

If you time the RC well he will glitch and stay behind you instead of going to your front so anything will connect, luckily everything still connects even if you throw him in front of you.

What is the best Greed Seever starter combo I can do on corner?

I usually do 214k>fs>2HS>623HS>2HS>623HS>cs>236D but I want to know if someone has something better.

Really good games vs Sytha last night! You've got the best applications of YRC SE I've seen yet and if people want to learn these, you should post some of your match videos. :)

Really liked your 6K link into YRC SE pressure, will try to incorporate that into my game as much as I can.

What is the best Greed Seever starter combo I can do on corner?

I usually do 214k>fs>2HS>623HS>2HS>623HS>cs>236D but I want to know if someone has something better.

This is actually good enough and near universal. I think if you do some optimal combos you'll get like maybe 10 points more of damage. I haven't actually tested all the routes yet but I'm sure that 5S/5H (likely 5S starter for most characters>236D>2H>214K>623H>2H>623H>5S>236D might be the most damaging route assuming it works on everyone (Spoilers it wont.) I messed around with it 3 nights ago. Decided the timing was too annoying to keep trying. But yea Double VT into Ciel ender is good and kind of what you want unless your going for a kill then you'll want to end in a JI sj air combo into air RtL or whatever.

I think I've come up with a simple tech that seems to be a good Dead Angle bait, if you have someone knocked down in the corner.

Basically, on oki, do YRC CSE then IMMEDIATELY do Split Seal.

So what ends up happening is you're putting a Durandal Call CSE right in their face. If they Dead Angle, even if you get hit by the Dead Angle, the DC CSE doesn't disappear and they'll still get hit by the last 2 or 3 hits of DC CSE once the invul frames from their Dead Angle wears off, putting them back in their disadvantageous situation again.

If you choose to just block during this, you can still continue pressure afterwards!

One thing to note is that this tech activates a minor "bug" from the older GG games that is still in Xrd. If the CSE and the Split Seal is blocked at the exact same time, the Split Seal will "inherit" the zero pushback attribute from the CSE. Which means - a lot of strings you do afterwards (even HS or D) won't push you off, until DC CSE ends - and you can even do tricky tick throw setups this way!

^That sounds great I'm going to have to test that out myself!

Has anyone had any luck getting this Venom variation on RC Throw combos to work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdz0cycGRg&list=LLjAhxRTH4H4sCVUCIxTViYQ&index=1

He seems to micro dash > VT, but I can't get that to work. If I just cancel VT 2H(1), I can't get the c.S, 2H loop afterwards.

So what kind of combos can we get off of Blitz Shield?  I haven't been able to come up with anything good at all outside of a stray hit or a Stun Dipper.

That depends on what kind of BS you get. Off of a ground BS I've been doing either 5S>ground combo or 6H/5D>etc or off of air one I've pretty much just been doing 5S>2H>623H

I need to start doing 5D after air one to bait the counter blitz whenever people start doing those.

Don't forget kizzercrate that grounded (you on the ground) BS situations typically give you enough time to run up on your opponent slightly. This depends on range of course. Most of the time I get a blitz shield it's on something coming at me from the air, like an air dash attack or some overhead type move. It gives me enough time to run, 5S, 2HS, into whatever.

Any one messed around with NOT cornered dash dust follow up? Only cool thing I've managed to get out of it is split second run, j.K, j.S, jump cancel pause for the tech and you're in perfect range to air throw on forward and I believe neutral tech, haven't tested with backwards tech yet. Can also easily get a short follow up of j.K, j.S, VT after the jump cancel.

Regular dust follow up is probably the best thing to do but this looks snazzy. This is also slightly range dependent.

Hi everyone. I was reading that front page article about Xrd mechanics V2.0 and I came across instant overheard--specifically, Ky's 44 > yrc > j.S

Was trying to figure out some stuff in training with a standing Sol as the training dummy, and the best I can come up with currently is 44 > YRC > j.S > land > 2D > 236K.

44 > YRC > j.S > land > c.S > f.S... is possible, however the execution timing between the 44 to YRC to j.S is too tight for me to develop anymore stuff beyond f.S and I was practically mashing out c.S > f.S. I think the potential followup is probably 3HS >GS > HSVT, but anyone with great timing and execution is more than welcome to help confirm this matter (otherwise, I'll try to work on this more later tonight and come up with an answer asap).

Another thing I was messing around with Sol in the corner was (assuming a grinder is in placed) 44 > YRC > j.S > 2D> (DC) SE. For some reason, (DC) SE is not causing a wallstick for me, but I managed to get a 66 > c.S > 2HS > HSVT to connect after SE. Not sure what else is possible yet.

Will test more and update later. Cheers!

Might be of use to practice on a crouching dummy with that overhead setup since, y'know, overhead. I'd imagine you could get a f.S into 3HS combo going in that case.

I could not get f.S > 3HS on the account that the distance placed between those two attacks are too far (yes, I tried on a crouching dummy and I do know 3HS will only link off of f.S on crouchers only). The best I can get out of the instant overhead was c.S > f.S > 236K.

I figured why the wallstick from (DC) SE wasn't happening, and it was because of the placement of the grinder. It was too close to the dummy in the corner. I kept attempting after 2D > SC, but (DC) SE never caused wallstick even though all the hits connected exactly as they should. When I started doing 5K > c.S > 236D > 2D and then the instant overhead to (DC) SE the wallstick occurs. The use of this combo will probably be seen sparingly since it would cost 75% tension and the grinder placement is specific (haven't tried it after a HSVT loop > c.S > 236D yet).

Wed. Feb. 11 Update:

Sorry for all these half ass updates and posts, but I haven't made enough time to get in on the game to be thorough with testing everything out.

44 > YRC > j.S > f.S > 3HS > GS > hj > j.S > j.HS > HSVT is a combo that works anywhere. I would have tried to test j.S > jc > j.S > j.HS > HSVT after GS, but I ran out of time and I'm still working on my timing and execution.

if you're doing cse yrc that close up, you're going to get low profiled by any char that can low profile it, meaning you will trade at best and most likely get knocked down

usefulness of backdash yrc for ky is very very low, there are far better uses of 25 meter

if you're doing cse yrc that close up, you're going to get low profiled by any char that can low profile it, meaning you will trade at best and most likely get knocked down

You can do it off a throw instead of raw, which makes the fireball meaty with YRC. You can also use 5K/2K to blow up any low profile move they do, or even just immediately follow the YRC with 2S if you're paranoid about being hit out at neutral after YRC. Hell even CSE YRC Greed Sever is safe from far enough away because the fireball blockstrings after it, so you can do that to punish any potential low profile while still doing offense. You can't just react to the YRC CSE and low profile it for free because Ky has tons of ways to punish it, some of which are things he'd do even if he wasn't hard baiting a low profile.

Even getting a reversal Grand Viper against a CSE YRC after throw is difficult. As a Sol player, I'd be more likely to try to Volcanic Viper a setup like that than Grand Viper it, but I'd be far more likely to block or Blitz Shield.

if you're doing it as oki....you might as well do an actual mixup rather than that of all things

What's the meterless corner dust combos that people are using? The majority of the one's in the opening post require 50% meter.

What's the meterless corner dust combos that people are using? The majority of the one's in the opening post require 50% meter.

1) 6D < 66 < 6HS < 6HS < 5HS < 6K < 236D < 236K/2D

2) 236D < 5S < 214K < 2HS(2) < 623HS < 5S < 236D

are what I've been using.

I've seen some variants using what I think is 6P, c.S, 6P and then I forget what the rest of the combo is but it does end in a 5S or 5HS xx 236D. I know I've seen Ain use the combo before too but I'm having problems tracking down the video he did it so I can notate the combo for myself.

5d>homing dash>c.s>6p>c.s>2hs(1)>hsvt>2hs>ciel>2hs>ciel lights

5d>homing dash>c.s>6p>c.s>2hs>gs>2hs(1)>hsvt>5hs>ciel mids

5d>homing dash>c.s>6p>c.s>2hs>gs>2hs>hsvt>c.s>ciel heavys

theres some char and distance specific ones where you can hit late with dc s se and etc