Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Combo/Setup Listing and Discussion

What are some good Burst safe/bait ground/air combos I can employ?

Its just the timing.

I think you are missing the Vapor Thrust time after Greed Sever, try not to do it too fast.

I figured it out. Turns out I was throwing 2HS a little too late. It has to be done pretty early for the first few active frames to hit, or else the start up gives the opponent enough time to tech.

I can do it in 1.0 but it's really hard. Since Ain is going for it all the time maybe it became a bit easier?

Thanks guys for the inputs and.. sorry, I just only realized that the previous page already had info about this. 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong in this combo. Sometimes I hit it, other (most) times they recover at the end. I see in the Fail example the opponent pops up higher, but I'm not sure why or where to adjust if that's the issue. Any help is appreciated.

http://youtu.be/4WFjnlwiqP8

A Twitter user called @TK_LPRD said to delay 2HS after the GS, and you say delay the cS before the split ciel. I'm finding you both correct in tandem. lol That said, I can get it, but it's a great option versus Potemkin while a different combo for lights & heavies I just started playing with seems easier and more damaging.

5D6, cS, 6P, H, 214K, 2Hx2, 623H, cS, 236D (142dmg v Sol, 168dmg v Millia, Not for heavyweights, KD)

I love the flexibility of this game. Make tweaks here and there and evolve new combos all day.

Actually, for sake of contributing, I'll post all the combos in my notes I'm liking so far. May help people with lower execution skills like myself. Any advice about them would be super appreciated of course.

And thanks for the input, Tong.

Mid Strike:

fS/2S, 236K (67/64dmg v Sol, OS 1st move to free KD, hit with tip for beat, RRC for extension to dmg)

fS/2S, 236, RRC, 214K, S, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (167/164dmg v Sol)

fS, 3H, 214K, 623H (102dmg v Sol, OS 1st move, 120dmg v Sol CH, not for Potemkin)

6H, cS, 6K, K, S, 2S, 236K (160dmg v Sol, KD)

6H, cS, 2H(x2), 236K, RRC, 214K, c.S, 2H, jc.S, j623H (246dmg v Chipp, Chipp-only?)

Low Strike:

K, cS, fS, 2D (67dmg v Sol, KD)

K, cS, 2D, 236D (74dmg v Sol, better in corner, KD)

2K/5K, H, 236D, 2D (91/101dmg v Sol, KD to 236H)

Overhead Strike:

214K, cS, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (122dmg v Sol)

5D8, jH, jH, jS, jP, jS, jc.S, jH, j623H (120dmg v Sol)

5D6, cS, 6P, H, 214K, S, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (144dmg v Sol)

5D6, cS, 6P, H, 214K, 2Hx2, 623H, cS, 236D (142dmg v Sol, 168dmg v Millia, Not for heavyweights, KD)

5D6, cS, 6P, cS, 2H, 214K, 2H, 623H, cS, 236D (135dmg v Sol, 122dmg v Potemkin KD, use for heavies & mids, not for lights)

Throw Combos:

Throw, RRC, 214K, cS, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (118dmg v Sol)

Throw, RRC, 214K, 2H, 623H, cS, 236D (110dmg v Sol, KD)

Anti-Airs:

6P, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (139dmg v Sol)

2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (136 v Sol)

Anti-Airs: 6P, 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (139dmg v Sol) 2H, jc.S, jc.S, jH, j623H (136 v Sol)

For these Anti-Airs your better off ending them on a ground HSVT instead of taking them into the air unless its going to kill. You'll maintain a knockdown and be able to run your oki right after. If your close enough to the corner you could do a Vapor Thrust loop that will lead to more damage and a knock down into oki.

Example:

Anywhere

6p>cS>2H>623H>oki (106 dmg v sol)

Near Corner

6p>cS>2H>623H>Vapor Thrust loop

For these Anti-Airs your better off ending them on a ground HSVT instead of taking them into the air unless its going to kill. You'll maintain a knockdown and be able to run your oki right after. If your close enough to the corner you could do a Vapor Thrust loop that will lead to more damage and a knock down into oki.

Example:

Anywhere

6p>cS>2H>623H>oki (106 dmg v sol)

Near Corner

6p>cS>2H>623H>Vapor Thrust loop

Thanks. Playing around with the anywhere one tonight. Sometimes the oki situation happens, sometimes not. Think it's timing and range. I'll be practicing it more.

Know what this topic lacks tho? Block string info. It's sort of almost a combo lol. ;p

Thanks. Playing around with the anywhere one tonight. Sometimes the oki situation happens, sometimes not. Think it's timing and range. I'll be practicing it more.

Know what this topic lacks tho? Block string info. It's sort of almost a combo lol. ;p

Doing a ground HSVT as the ender wont allow them to tech in the air at all. It should give you time to run up and do 6H oki, and sometimes you can use CSE when you land and it will hit them right on wake up. Sometimes it doesn't reach them in time so they can just jump away. It might be Character specific or it might depend on how high they were when you VT'ed them.

Nah there is a height where you can recover from but it's bit higher up than TK'd

I have a mechanics question.  Why do:

6HS > c.S > f.S > 3HS

6HS > f.S > 3HS

both combo, but:

f.S > 3HS

c.S > f.S > 3HS

don't combo?  Or at least I tried a few times and couldn't get the bottom two working, while the timing on 6HS > f.S > 3HS seems pretty generous.

Also, I had an unrelated question about 2HS anti-air combos starting with 2HS > j.S.  In general will those work except on counter-hit?  If it's not a counterhit, the j.S often won't connect for me after the 2HS.  Also, while watching some videos it seems sometimes players start the combo with 2HS > c.S > 2HS.  Is that a character-specific variation?

f.S > 3H is crouching only, 6H forces crouch.

2H has a lot of untech time so it's pretty easy following it up even non-CH, if you cant reach with j.S try super jumping. 2CH > c.S works only on CH.

All those corner throw combos I listed now do like 13-17 more points of damage. Because of the fixed throw GB-

Boy I wish I could read Japanese so I could read the specific notes. Anybody cares to translate, please?

Edit:  for the dash VT corner carry video above