Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Combo/Setup Listing and Discussion

cS>6k>Split Ciel>5Hs>Sacred Edge now works thanks to less push back on Split Ciel. Big damage in the corner. No need to micro-dash to connect the 5Hs anymore.

cS>6k>Split Ciel>5Hs>Sacred Edge now works thanks to less push back on Split Ciel. Big damage in the corner. No need to micro-dash to connect the 5Hs anymore.

I had issues with this against Millia at least. Wasn't consistent

I had issues with this against Millia at least. Wasn't consistent

Your right, her hitbox is smaller when she is hit with the Ciel then other characters. After testing it on her again, You need to be dashing when you hit c.S for the 5Hs to connect (so you have more momentum). If your not dashing and the 5Hs will not connect on Millia you can substitute 5Hs with f.S (only 15 less damage against Millia). 

If you find out anything else funky let me know.

So is 2K/5K c.S 6K 236D 2D a viable midscreen KD route?  I'm getting an invalid on the 2D and I'm not sure if it's my execution or the distance.  Didn't think it was the distance because of the fact that it connects at all.  Do I need to just be hitting 2D earlier, or do I have to omit the 2K/5K for it to work?  And with that in mind, would it be better to go for a different route for a midscreen KD?

So is 2K/5K c.S 6K 236D 2D a viable midscreen KD route?  I'm getting an invalid on the 2D and I'm not sure if it's my execution or the distance.  Didn't think it was the distance because of the fact that it connects at all.  Do I need to just be hitting 2D earlier, or do I have to omit the 2K/5K for it to work?  And with that in mind, would it be better to go for a different route for a midscreen KD?
It always works if your point blank when you hit with 5k, but if you think you're going to be too far to connect the 2D at the end, you're going to have to microdash it. 

GS has to hit later in the animation if you can manage it. It's not the most reliable combo.

What is "c.S"? Close Slash?

What about HSVT?

Hard Slash canceled into Viper Thurst?

What is "c.S"? Close Slash?

What about HSVT?

Hard Slash canceled into Viper Thurst?

c.S = Close Slash

HSVT = HS Vapor Thrust 

Trying to find the notation for VT loop. Only found an old video off a corner throw. Could someone post the ways to go into it, and the sequence?

literally anything that launches like gs>c.s>2hs1>gs>hsvt>2hs>hsvt>c.s>ciel or sweep>sacred>dash 3hs>gs>hsvt>blah blah

The inputs for Dash VT are 6623+HS.

You have to do DASH VT after a Greed Sever,  but there are a lot of characters specific height, is not in any situation.

After that you need to microdash to confirm the  5S > Split Ciel

( or 5S > 2HS > jump install > j,S  > j.S < j.HS ........... )

Starting to get Greed Sever, c.S, 2H(1), HVT, 2H(1), HVT, cS, Split Ciel in the corner.

Another thing I'm working on is my oki mix up. Trying to lock down with CSE, jump, air dash in, then jS, jH, 5K, into stuff. Mixing up the first set of inputs is great, but I'm not sure what to do after. jH doesn't always combo into 5K (height dependent I guess) and I'm not finding a KD route after.

Starting to get Greed Sever, c.S, 2H(1), HVT, 2H(1), HVT, cS, Split Ciel in the corner.

Another thing I'm working on is my oki mix up. Trying to lock down with CSE, jump, air dash in, then jS, jH, 5K, into stuff. Mixing up the first set of inputs is great, but I'm not sure what to do after. jH doesn't always combo into 5K (height dependent I guess) and I'm not finding a KD route after.

Easiest KD is probably j.S j.HS (make sure you're at minimum air dash height and even then, it's probably going to miss on Millia) land 5K c.S 6K 236D 2D.  

Nice.

Let me know if this is possible:

AA SVT counterhit (trade), immediate blue burst, land, activate IK, IK.

There should be many good setups midscreen or corner with counterhit SVT but I haven't had time to work them out.

Funny how Kizzercrate posted some IK setups a few days after I was labbing some myself.

One that I think people don't really know about is Split Ciel < RC < IK. The things you have to keep in mind are the pushback and you have to combo into it while they're standing, but I still think it's worth it cause it works midscreen.  Even the basic c.S < 6K < Ciel BnB works.

@ehuangsan I tested SVT trade burst IK setup against Faust j2K; burst took way too long to activate.  We landed at the same time.  I also saw your post in your +R Trade Secrets thread and wanted to ask--are you using the invincible startup (which doesn't start on frame 1 for Ky IIRC) to get the setup?  In Xrd, I'm just using IK activate as a flashy burst bait and killing off of AA c.S or 2HS instead of gambling with frames.

@Koga_Noid I like this idea midscreen, especially since it's pretty much impossible to kill otherwise.  Can Ciel stagger be mashed out of at further ranges, perhaps off of max range 5K or 2S? 

Also this new forum upgrade is sweet.  Being able to tag people seems neat.

there is no invuln on ky's ik pre xrd, they literally just do a canadian burst then land in the ik

Edited by xlolxlolx

Is there a reason 6K sometimes travels a shorter distance than normal, causing it to not combo in 5K, c.S, 6K, Ciel, 2D?

Seems so random.

there is no invuln on ky's ik pre xrd, they literally just do a canadian burst then land in the ik

^^This

Actually I was unaware of the Xrd IK invul until you brought it up since I use it so rarely lol.

I was intending an all in.