Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Combo/Setup Listing and Discussion

visually for ciel loops, you're hitting the opponent at his lower back so you get as close as you can to them.

However Millia, Axl, Slayer, and Leo have wierd hitboxes, you don't want to get be right next to them when you do ciel or else it will whiff, gotta back up and hit their legs/feet.

ciel loops are better, but are more situational due to finicky hitboxes and more strict starters (ex: no matter what i can't seem to find a way to get a more damaging corner dust variation with only ciel compared to the traditional combos, so the only main ways i know of are RC ciel, RC dipper, RC throw, GS, or CH SVT/HSVT). you can do some really cool stuff out of them though, like DC sacred edge after 2-3 reps, then run up SC for knockdown + oki again. idk if the tradeoff of meter is worth it for the damage though...lol

ciel only combos arent max damage because you need some sort of filler to launch them back up, ending with 2hs(2)>ciel>2hs(1or2)>ciel however is the max damage option in most cases

for example on sol and sin throw rc>dash 5hs>ciel>2hs1>ciel>2hs1>gs>2hs1>hsvt>5hs>ciel is 1 point higher than throw rc>dash 5hs>ciel>2hs1>gs>ciel>2hs2>ciel>2hs2>ciel and if you do ciel only you'd only get a maximum of 3 ciels and miss out on a fair chunk of damage on top of the total amount of -gb just from doing a bunch of 2hs2

Hey guys, new to GG, having issues with his 17 trial S . 3HS into vapor thrust, always missing the hitbox but it's like i'm doing the vapor thrust immediately, no idea how to input it any faster, always miss by a hair. Tried watching videos and different topics but i've been stuck on it for a few hours now. 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the sweep to be a true combo. Feels like I'm doing 662D as early as possible, but maybe not? Maybe it's something else?

j.S, j.H, 5K, c.S, 6K, 236D, 662D (black beats), 236H-oki
I've tried replacing sweep with stun dipper too; it still black beats, and doesn't look like the oki is as strong afterwards.
https://youtu.be/A8uq0iguVl8

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the sweep to be a true combo. Feels like I'm doing 662D as early as possible, but maybe not? Maybe it's something else?

j.S, j.H, 5K, c.S, 6K, 236D, 662D (black beats), 236H-oki
I've tried replacing sweep with stun dipper too; it still black beats, and doesn't look like the oki is as strong afterwards.
https://youtu.be/A8uq0iguVl8

It definitely won't work from that far away. They need to be close enough that you can input a microdash and then immediately 2D. Try omitting 5K and see if that works.

I've omitted the 5K, which does seem to do a bit better on damage, but I still mostly black beat. Got it properly twice out of dozens of tries though, which is better than never lol. Not sure what I can change to decrease the distance. I try doing the jS later, but then the jH fails to come out.

All this brings up a second question though. For the low variation, I jS, drop the jH, and do the 5K > business, correct? 

you can try running slightly after you land from j.S > j.H

Edited by shtkn

Why no Japanese pros are using j.D on wakeup into 50/50 (airdash j.S/5K) mixup? It seems easy to do, safe, give pretty good damage combos (120 on low, 175 high), can be done quicker than cse yrc yet doesn't require tension. I know about 8 frame delay on landing, but 5k should be fast enough for it to be considered viable and you can use 5K to for j.H, landing delay, 5K link.

Or if i'm missing something and it's not viable, why no one uses j.D YRC as a very quick way to cancel jump for a 50/50 mixup? It seems really strong and if you combo j.D (as 66 j.S, j.D, j.H or 2S, j.D or 2D, j.D) you can do high damage combos, like 2D, j.D, 214K, Vapor Thrust loop for over 200 in the corner. It just seems really good.

I've seen it in the last Mikado stream uploaded in the video section. Once.

I like this mixup, but it will lose to any reversal, unlike CSE oki. Maybe that's why they are not doing it, or maybe they think CSE oki is the strongest one, and they don't need to bother with another mixup.

Why no Japanese pros are using j.D on wakeup into 50/50 (airdash j.S/5K) mixup? It seems easy to do, safe, give pretty good damage combos (120 on low, 175 high), can be done quicker than cse yrc yet doesn't require tension. I know about 8 frame delay on landing, but 5k should be fast enough for it to be considered viable and you can use 5K to for j.H, landing delay, 5K link.

Or if i'm missing something and it's not viable, why no one uses j.D YRC as a very quick way to cancel jump for a 50/50 mixup? It seems really strong and if you combo j.D (as 66 j.S, j.D, j.H or 2S, j.D or 2D, j.D) you can do high damage combos, like 2D, j.D, 214K, Vapor Thrust loop for over 200 in the corner. It just seems really good.

jD into airdash jS/5K lose to OS throw/anti-air. That's why Sol need a GF YRC to cover, and Ky needs a enhanced CSE(YRC or not) to cover

if you want a reversal safe yrc high low mixup do sliding cse yrc instead

you can actually time the j.d yrc j.s to be a safe jump but its not really worth it in the end

jD into airdash jS/5K lose to OS throw/anti-air. That's why Sol need a GF YRC to cover, and Ky needs a enhanced CSE(YRC or not) to cover

But would 6p of most characters have enough upper invincibility to cover against a move that would hit a crouching opponent? And some like Elphelt can't seem to OS a throw with anti-air

But would 6p of most characters have enough upper invincibility to cover against a move that would hit a crouching opponent? And some like Elphelt can't seem to OS a throw with anti-air

you can try yourself, but i don't think Ky's jS is good enough to stuff a standard anti air move( not just 6P ). Sol's jS is even better than Ky's jS but got destroyed completely by at least Pot's 6P, Ky's c.S

Does Ky have any viable way to get past Faust's guard? Except throw. Would YRCing 5D work? Damage is pretty laughable in that case though.

Could you explain what you mean by "Faust's guard"? Are you referring to Faust's reversal options, his ability to crouch under Ky's CSE oki? Your opponent's ability to block?

Does anyone have or know any split ciel loops off of grabs/greed sever that are for heavy weight characters? I haven't found any on youtube. I'm trying to change combos to have less VT loops in them to keep people from bursting  on its invincibility frames, thanks.

Could you explain what you mean by "Faust's guard"? Are you referring to Faust's reversal options, his ability to crouch under Ky's CSE oki? Your opponent's ability to block?

split ciel loops off of grabs/greed sever that are for heavy weight characters"

Faust has extremely low crouching hurtboxes. Which means that a) j.S can't hit him crouching, even if he's guarding, b) greed sever hits him only at the very end of the active frames. So, you can't do the standard 2S/airdash j.S mixup, you can't use greed sever and dust is 28 frames which is way too slow even for online. This matchup is so in favor of Faust it's ridiculous.

For Potemkin you can do:

Throw (RC), 2H, 236D, 2H, 214K, 2H, 623H, c.S, 2H, 236D (135 damage)

Or

Throw (RC), (2H, 236D)x3 (131 damage)

If you hit with greed sever late enough enough to link it into 2H:

Greed Sever, 2H, 236D, 2H, 214K, 2H, 623H, c.S, 2H, 236D (148 damage)

But if you hit from too far away you won't be able to link first 236D into 2H, then:

Greed Sever, 2H, 214K, 2H, 623H, 2H, 236D, c.S, 236D (139 damage)

From standard crouching position split ciel loop is impossible without RC.

For Bedman:

Throw (RC), 2H, 236D, 2H, 214K, 2H, 623H, c.S, 2H (1 hit), 236D (133 damage)

Same as Potemkin for greed sever. Only you can't be too far for that link, but timing gets very weird.

Edited by Gray-Flower
Mistakes

I am having trouble getting 5K>c.S>6P>HS>236K>RC>214K>c.S>236D to land. Specifically, the last 236D whiffs. This is against Sol in training mode. Is there some weird timing at some stage of this combo? Does someone have a video of it being done?

you can probably try using 5H instead of c.S. if that doesnt work then delay the c.S

If you're going to spend meter, might as well go for the more damaging and easier Sacred Edge route:

5K> 2D> Sacred> dash 2HS> GS> 2HS> HSVT> 5HS> Ciel

or if you're close enough:

5K> c.S> 6K> Ciel> DC Sacred> dash c.S> 2HS> HSVT> c.S> Ciel (slightly more damage than the previous combo)