Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Combo/Setup Listing and Discussion

@SoulGuitarist The frame trap that I use for basically everything is 2P > c.S. CH c.S nets you lots of damage because you can go into 6HS for a crouching combo. If you're finding that hard, maybe try 2P > 2K. It's less rewarding but 2f easier timing.

You can do anything into throw, really. 2P > 2K > throw, 2P > 5K > throw, falling j.S > throw. Once you have them conditioned to expect throw you can see how they deal with it, either by mashing, reversals, or jumping.  It's very important to Ky's mixup game to threaten with throws and force the opponent to choose an option other than block.

no you 2p then delay c.s for the frame trap, itll net ch often even against strong players

20 hours ago, xlolxlolx said:

no you 2p then delay c.s for the frame trap, itll net ch often even against strong players

Yep yep. Go to training mode and record an opponent to hold down back a second, then start mashing a jab. You can practice the timing that way

Combos of off CH c.S (from your sucessful frame trap!): [c.S (CH) > 6HS > 66c.S > 6K > 236D > 236K] For a stable knockdown.

[c.S (CH) > 6HS > (c.S) > f.S > 3HS > 214K > (HJ) > j.S > j.HS > 623HS] For maximum damage.

On 19/01/2016 at 0:01 AM, SoulGuitarist said:

What are some good frame traps and tick throw set-ups for Ky? Someone told me to learn them.

Besides the aforementioned 2P> delay c.S frametrap, stuff into 6K (6P> 6K, c.S> 6K, 2S> 6K) can also work as frametraps. f.S> 3HS is another example for further ranges.
5P is also a very good move for frametrap/tickthrow setups.

lots of small stuff act as frame traps, 5p/2p/5k/2k>5hs, tk s se>2k, anything into delayed ground fireball, w/e into ciel, blah blah the list goes on

Hey guys anyone already tried this mixup after throw Rion did in this video?

At 10:35... when i try doing this most times i get too far from the opponent to hit with 3HS. I managed to do it sometimes but i still don't know the trick to get it consistently. 

my guess is you need to delay your yrc. the opponent shoudl be getting hit at the same time the yrc freeze happens, not after

yeah the ain special requires you to do a slight delay yrc after the air dash, if youre good at sliding hsvt combos it shits out a ton of damage of damage, it's so much stronger in xrd but harder to setup

Rev combos

Corner homing dash 5hs 5hs 5hs 6hs 3hs delay gs hsvt 2hs1 ciel 2hs ciel

Midscreen dust homing dash 5hs 5hs 5hs ciel or hsvt 

corner Lv1 bs charge attack 5hs ciel delay 2hs1 gs ciel 2hs1 ciel 2hs ciel

Corner lv2 bs charge attack 6hs 3hs gs hsvt 2hs hsvt 5hs ciel

Could anyone explain to me why there are times the opponent doesn't slide down at the first corner combo in this video: 

I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong, as sometimes they tech after the c.s and sometimes they slide own for the 6hs. I've tried delaying my 5hs>5hs, I have tried doing them early, I am not sure why there are times the opponent techs or not after the c.s. Thanks for the help:)

@BladeOfJustice7 The timing is a little strange, I think you need to input a 5HS as soon as possible, then input another 5HS as soon as you can after that, etc.

I find that if I just kinda mash the button fast it works often, i've got a kind of rhythm for it that's hard to explain though. The best advice I can give is to repeat it with slightly different timing each try until it clicks. Remember the key is to press the button again the moment the first 5HS connects, and then the same for c.S

@starlord There are no ways to combo into an IK with normal conditions (red activation), but when it's the opponent's last round, they have 20% or less health, and you have more than 50 tension there are lots of ways to combo into it! You can also get an IK mid combo, even if the opponent didn't start at 20% health, by reducing their health to 10% or lower mid-combo. This is called a gold activation.

The easiest way to do it is 5D[6] > IK. You can get more creative by doing it in combos, like 214K > c.S > 2HS > 623HS (RC) > IK as they're falling down. Or from a sacred edge confirm in the corner with 100 tension, c.S > 6K > 236D > 236236P > IK.