Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Video Posting thread

パソピアード横浜 GGxrd 2014/10/24 対戦その4: http://youtu.be/cSkC4886yqk

Notice how at 24:52 axl is able ti continue his combo after the low counter hit .

does that work for his high counter as well ?

Ive yet to see it done

I've been messing around with the counters and, without RC, I could only get combos off of low counter. Will mess around with it more.

You can only combo off of low counter meterless.  Honestly though I think that low counter is generally too risky to attempt, I'm finding use in high counter to take control of the match in pressure situations because it give you hard knockdown, and if you have meter, it leads to big damage + a hard knockdown if you are in the corner.  If you are playing against a Sol throwing out fafnirs and bandit bringers a lot without YRCs, the high counter is good to throw out now and then.  They also provide a reliable way to deal with jump ins directly above axl, 6p is very difficult to time, and 2s doesnt hit right above.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25126003

• Someone needs to translate this like yesterday this can be game breaking

Even though i can barely read, it's just a video showing the intricacies of Haitaka and a few set ups to take advantage of it. Some important and obvious notes though:

• You have six swings, low medium and high
  • High and medium are air blockable
  • Each hit on block does more chip damage on block.
  • If the low swing is instant blocked some characters can punish it with 2p or a fast normal. (Though this can be avoided by canceling instantly to mid or high)
  • Even if you use Haitaka in a combo, the chip damage on the later hits is not diminished, if you read the tech you can use the last two hits to do more damage than ending the actual combo
  • You can YRC a Haitaka hit after it hits if you hit HS during the hit then RC
  • You can meaty low hit, which beats just gaurd 2p, dead angle, and some dp's (Not Sol's :P)

I could be completely off on some points because again, I read at like a 5th grade level :X, but that's what i understood.

Even though i can barely read, it's just a video showing the intricacies of Haitaka and a few set ups to take advantage of it. Some important and obvious notes though:

• You have six swings, low medium and high
  • High and medium are air blockable
  • Each hit on block does more chip damage on block.
  • If the low swing is instant blocked some characters can punish it with 2p or a fast normal. (Though this can be avoided by canceling instantly to mid or high)
  • Even if you use Haitaka in a combo, the chip damage on the later hits is not diminished, if you read the tech you can use the last two hits to do more damage than ending the actual combo
  • You can YRC a Haitaka hit after it hits if you hit HS during the hit then RC
  • You can meaty low hit, which beats just gaurd 2p, dead angle, and some dp's (Not Sol's :P)

I could be completely off on some points because again, I read at like a 5th grade level :X, but that's what i understood.

Just to add to this:

• The higher in elevation the swing, the higher the damage.
  • Same for chip damage
  • Same for FD tension damage
  • It's obvious in the video but, low swing can be blocked standing(which probably means it can be blocked in the air as well)
  • You do not need to IB to punish low swing with Sol's 2P in the video's example
  • Against mid weight or higher characters you can drop the combo on a high swing and use mid swing to force them to block and then end with low swing. On light characters like Millia you can use high swing then low swing to maximize chip instead
  • If they have less HP left than the amount of chip damage you will do with any swing, they will not die, but be left at 1HP. However, if they block any swing one more time, then they WILL die.
  • Meaty low swing cannot be IB Sol 2P countered, but as you see in the vid, you can reversal DP or other invincible move.

It's obvious in the video but, low swing can be blocked standing(which probably means it can be blocked in the air as well)

Um, how is that implied? A lot of mid-blockable attacks have to be FD'd in the air.

Um, how is that implied? A lot of mid-blockable attacks have to be FD'd in the air.

Well, mostly I was thinking it's implied because the other swings are also air blockable. Though, yeah it certainly doesn't necessarily mean it's the case lol

I went ahead and tested it though and it IS air blockable.

Yeah but that's so not Axl-ish. It's really a shame since Rensen was always his combo staple move. That's why I'm actually looking forward to the rebalancing, maybe it'll fix some issues this character has.

Tbh I like doing the rensen (8) follow up because axl has a lot of answers for how you tech. If they like pressing buttons out of the air 2k will stop most of that they tech back without fd they get hit again and in the worst case they lose a little bit of meter