Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Zato - General discussion and changes list

I'm amost you can combo off of it, and like all GG command grabs, it's unblockable. Otherwise it doesn't really have it's own use like his vanilla command grab.

I'm amost you can combo off of it, and like all GG command grabs, it's unblockable. Otherwise it doesn't really have it's own use like his vanilla command grab.

Maybe with meter you can RC into aerial?

The move grabs the opponent and throws them at Zato himself, so IIRC he can do 6P into whatever. It's been a long time since I've seen the move though.

How do you get Shadow Gallery to hit low enough so you can combo 5d after it? Couldn't get it after a lot of tries.

I would like to know this too. Btw what version are you referring to?

Xrd.

Honestly this board seems pretty dead. I hope this changes when Xrd hits the floor.

I wouldn't really know the answer because I couldn't play as Zato on the Xrd demo.

If I recalled correctly, I believe shadow gallery has enough hitstun. I think it might be like Sol's fanrir that makes you roll away so if its spaced correctly you'll be able to keep the combo going. Now what combo? I have no idea. I only know basic stuff so far. 

Honestly this board seems pretty dead. I hope this changes when Xrd hits the floor.

I wouldn't really know the answer because I couldn't play as Zato on the Xrd demo.

If I recalled correctly, I believe shadow gallery has enough hitstun. I think it might be like Sol's fanrir that makes you roll away so if its spaced correctly you'll be able to keep the combo going. Now what combo? I have no idea. I only know basic stuff so far.

Corner command grab UB setup Shadow Gallery dash 5d into stuff.

Should a pad warrior stay away from Zato?

i won't say no. you can assign different shoulder buttons for his moves. just practice a lot and you can probably play him fine.

OK, I have a new observation about the new 5HS and it's properties. I noticed on the tutorial video that Zato was able to special cancel into a hs drill in the 3rd hit of 5h.

The combo goes: close 5s, 2s, 5h(3 hits) 22h...

Now I have done some testing in Reload and +R and haven't been able to a special cancel in the 3rd hit of 5h. Notice that this combo only works on characters with big hitboxes (Potemkin, Dizzy, etc) if you cancel in 22h on the second hit of 5h. Also another observation is that this very same combo does 5 hits instead of hits​(on Xrd)  because it has to be cancel on the 2nd hit of 5h. 

It seems that with this change it will allow us to do it universally hopefully. I have noticed Ogawa resort to this combo a lot specially when he lost his Eddie meter and is trying to stall time. 

I've discussed the 5H change in previous post. Basically it lets Eddie do 5S > (2S) > 5H(3)> 22H. Nice punish which can be RC'D for meaty puddle summon (214H).

Once I get my hands on the game I will start doing full detailed post with combos and setups.

I've studied all of the Ogawa sets and have the combos but again I can't post much without the game.

立ち=Standing

しゃがみ=Crouching

下=Low.

ジャンプ=Jumping

Should be pretty straight forward from there.

Hey guys! We made a Zato skype chat exclusively for players who are planning to play Xrd as him.

We discuss about certain topics related to strategies, properties, matchups, questions etc. 

Let me know if you would be interested on joining the group.