Tae Seong Kim

[Xrd] Potemkin Video Thread

So,.. Is Jack-O going to be the new nightmare for Pot? (3:37) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdsjSpCzzb4

Feels like this could be the biggest hassle for a number of reasons...

Man, she sure likes to jump towards Potemkin and then do a slow startup projectile a whole lot. That feels like its asking for a HPB but that seems like a move that people refuse to use at higher levels of play. I wonder if that'd make her a bit more honest if they did.

Or maybe just jumping at her and doing shit in general would shut it down. Even if its just spamming P. Unless those minions are providing more of a threat than I think I just really feel like those jumping projectiles aren't free for her.

god why does my life consist of getting walked all over by flighty waifish little twigs who by all rights should just break their limbs upon even so much as attempting to strike a giant monster man. Ugh, fighting games.

Edited by Darlos9D

the main issue about heavenly is actually the move can be beated in a lot of ways, some chars can just super/dp out in some high, also the gold burst in reaction is the universal answer to that. when i start playing potemkin i use it a lot, but i realize i am just wastering my chances trying to be smart. so if i don't guess right, my opponent escape from the corner (by running under outside) also in the 1.1 the heat>extend RC combo in the corner do a lot of damage i start using that instead.
anyway your are right, the heavenly is underrated, the heavenly>YRC is great, and we still have a lot of situation where the heavenly guess work (ex: reversal heavenly vs some mix ups), also the heavenly do the damage once (no burst) and in revelator the enhanced version can be a several issue in some match ups. (ex: chipp, venom). 

hpb is beast in corner if you have 100 meter and know you can land it when ppl try to sj iad away, you can get 300 dmg combos from it with rrc in corner.   But yeah, i feel like most of time i try to hpb it either misses due having bad angle or enemy just hits me out from it, sometimes i swear it misses low iad's too even if the enemy char is clearly inside potemkin... so it's better to use the meter on something else most of the time.

I wouldn't read too much into FAB losing 1 match in a match-up he literally has very little experience in. I mean Nage lost the very next match with Faust and for some reason I don't imagine this'll be a bad match-up for Faust. It's gonna take a month at the very least for consistent strategies and counter strategies to start forming with this character so like I said, I wouldn't read too much into one match.

He beat a good Jack-O twice last night, although it went right to the wire. looks like he's still figuring the match-up e.g. he was trying various methods to destroy Jack-O's houses.

He ended one match with an awesome combo into Heavenly.

Flick and slide head look like Pot's best friend in this match-up.

Edited by This Man

Pot VS Jack-O is a really hard match. 

Most of the videos u see pot vs jack-o it's really one sided except fab matches.

It sure seems like they didn't change anything for pot in this version.

I hope some buffs when Jam is released or else pot will just be always low tier.

Considering the match-up isn't even a month old I'd honestly focus less on whether or not it's good for pot, and more on the actual mechanics of the match-up.

Side note, really nice set between dot_nova and some eddie player:

Considering the match-up isn't even a month old I'd honestly focus less on whether or not it's good for pot, and more on the actual mechanics of the match-up.

Honestly though it should be bad for Pot. Jack-O design seems really well suited against slow moving slow attack characters. I feel like if she didn't have a good matchup against Pot she wouldn't have a good matchup against anyone. That being said the videos seem to show Flick whiffs over the ground spear servants but hits flying ones and he can still flick both their attacks. Aegis Field stopping slide head looks like a real pain too. The videos make her look like a real pain to fight, but at least Pot can blow her up in two combos like some of his other annoying matchups.

Honestly though it should be bad for Pot. Jack-O design seems really well suited against slow moving slow attack characters. I feel like if she didn't have a good matchup against Pot she wouldn't have a good matchup against anyone. That being said the videos seem to show Flick whiffs over the ground spear servants but hits flying ones and he can still flick both their attacks. Aegis Field stopping slide head looks like a real pain too. The videos make her look like a real pain to fight, but at least Pot can blow her up in two combos like some of his other annoying matchups.

God, really, just flat out passive slide head immunity? Is she just immune to projectiles?

I'm reminded of all the random things in blazblue that were immune to Tager's magnetic pull for no good reason.

After watching more of the matchup, I feel like Pot could have a better handle on this. As long as you don't give her space She can't do much. Still, feels like she has cross-ups and counter hits all day. Unless there's a cross-up guard like Undernight or something.

God, really, just flat out passive slide head immunity? Is she just immune to projectiles?

Immune to projectiles from what I read so it makes sense. Apparently their is some sort of cooldown before she can use it again, though don't quote me on that since I can only go by what others have said. You can see around 3:12 of the video that jack d ripr put up of FAB vs Jack-O that it nullifies it. She can put that up really fast too.

2015/10/24 GGXrdR Mikado stream - FAB(PO) matches 1

FAB(Potemkin)

VS

Ain(Ky), Shiro(Axl), Kyaromu(Sin), Maruhan(Sol), Roi(Sol), Yosuke(Axl)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8FnoR3Q1j8

-----------------------------------

2015/10/24 GGXrdR Mikado stream - FAB(PO) matches 2

FAB(Potemkin)

VS

Maruhan(Sol), Roi(Sol), Ion(Zato), Hohiko(Ramlethal), Chappu(Chipp), Ishimaru(Chipp), Hase(Slayer)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHT11VKI2JI

GGXrdR 5/4/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

VS

2rio (I-No), Hase (Slayer), Johnny, Chapp (Chipp), Chipp, Samitto (Chipp), Bedman, Kakishi (Jack-O'), Hiraoka (Ky), Sin, Sin, Elphelt, Slayer, Ishimaru (Chipp)

GGXrdR 5/21/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

VS

JUN (Millia), TKC (Jam), Gonzaburo (Faust), Maruhan (Sol), Chapp (Chipp), Zone (Johnny), Nakayama (Johnny), Ohiro (Sol), Nakamura (Millia)

GGXrdR 8/27/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brD9_Emruo

GGXrdR 8/23/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VkYTgXUzUc

GGXrdR 8/15/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_djaFgruqi8

GGXrdR PSN 8/12/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJ0Rk4FeBo

GGXrdR PSN 8/2/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcWIuKp4O-k

GGXrdR PSN 7/22/16 - FAB (Potemkin) Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKV1tNa3UMI