Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tae Seong Kim

[Xrd] Potemkin Gameplay Discussion

General gameplay discussions. It is still early, but it seems Potemkin has lost a lot of potential due to the lack of knock down Heatknuckle. However, with the new gameplay mechanics, it gives him a lot more tricks to playwith using "YRC".

Optimistic Osuna Says:

Hammer Fall>(Absorb hit>)YRC>Stuff is a passable substitute for FRC in some situations. Will conserve meter and probably get knockdowns better than RCing the HF.

New moves don't look like they have many uses but they Do look fun. What application they do have will likely be enjoyable, and better at least than not having the moves at all. Reload normals aren't as good as what we're used to, but I've worked with it before and can again.

YRC is similar to (about as close as I can hope for) creating a superflash for 25 meter, which I always wanted to be able to do. Not the same, but close enough that I can enjoy it. I doubt it'll have That much application (using it just for the slow down), but it will be fun and interesting as a universal mechanic.

Considering Other Mains Osuna Says:

6K change also puts more emphasis on pot buster in mix ups. Pot buster follow ups taking 50 meter with no knock down mean we get less off of it even though it is more important than before in mix ups. 5P not hitting crouchers looks really annoying. New moves seem to have narrow applications. No Hammerfall FRC is pretty huge when combined with no 2S pull. Expect 2 hit combos off what used to be easy, high damage confirms. With these changes several match ups looks like they will be really annoying. Not just bad. Annoying.

Can PB be followed up by S©/2HS/...>Heat in corner. I saw Konsome gets some corner PB in Mikado 3on3 but he do nothing than jump-in okizeme, even the opponent have like 30-40 HP left @@

And, can we YRC Hammerfall 1 frame before active and still get it hit, like pre +R Hammerfall

Everyone is talking about "new crazy stuffs with YRC" for Pot, but from what i've seen so far, people just jump/mash out and the result is Pot just wasting tension with gimmicky YRCs. Even ICPM PRC has been a failure so far (again, from what i've seen on twitch-youtube-nico).

I'm extremely dissapointed with Pot's performance in Xrd, but i just hope things get better within the next weeks (No one wants another Tager).

Anyway, does anyone knows anything about Pot's new weird fire move ??

the reason yrc is so good for pot is the fact that he has blind 50/50 mixups, something most characters do not have. so getting in for 25% meter off any random situation turning into a pure 50/50 is pretty fucking good from like 1/4th screen neutral.

it's a very useful gimmick

plus he builds meter like crazy lol

my main issue is more what his oki situation is like. pb seems to lead into safejump, i guess, which is ok, but he doesn't do monster damage off it, OR get a hard kd on heat, which is pretty bad. either one of those things would be amazing, but he has neither.

Everyone is talking about "new crazy stuffs with YRC" for Pot, but from what i've seen so far, people just jump/mash out and the result is Pot just wasting tension with gimmicky YRCs. Even ICPM PRC has been a failure so far (again, from what i've seen on twitch-youtube-nico).

I'm extremely dissapointed with Pot's performance in Xrd, but i just hope things get better within the next weeks (No one wants another Tager).

ICPM would be really useful if it could be used to end air combos without RC. But yeah, it looks bad for the most part. As for the flame pillar attack, I've seen it used in neutral twice and it whiffed both times, so I don't know how useful it is.

I'm pretty sure I saw it guardpoint a Ky projectile..............yay........-_-

It's obviously still very early but he looks...............bad :[

no HF FRC combos, no vacuum, no air combos, no meter-less corner rape, no full-screen FDB fireball, WHERE DOES IT END ;_;

I'm pretty sure I saw it guardpoint a Ky projectile..............yay........-_-

It's obviously still very early but he looks...............bad :[

no HF FRC combos, no vacuum, no air combos, no meter-less corner rape, no full-screen FDB fireball, WHERE DOES IT END ;_;

Yeah, he is pretty sure Tager tier by the moment. I still dont get what they wanted to do with Pot, its like "hey let screw Pot big time cause were are tired and we haven't any better idea for him, so let put him back to his #R days but nothing new and let fuck him a little bit".

Hope Potemkin don't turn into a turd, even in the hand of FAB a turd is a turd no matter how much you rub it to make it shine.

Yeah, no, Xrd Pot is nowhere near as bad as Tager even after losing all the AC stuff, his XX goodies were enough to make him the best grappler of his time. As long as he has Hammer Break and FRC (YRC now), he has his safe repeatable pressure, many ways of getting in, and opportunities to get his mix-up going.

Or at least, that's what my pocket "Henaki Grappler Bible" says.

back to his #R days but nothing new and let fuck him a little bit".

This is exactly the problem I'm seeing. #R Pot would have been fine with me, but it seems like they took away his #R strengths on top of taking away his AC bullshit. Just for a quick example, they took out AC vacuum but kept the shitty AC/+R counterhit FDB ? ? ? EXCUSE ME SIR, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING ?

And don't get me started on YRC, Sol, for example, gets braindead EZ-mode FRC on GF, but Pot's usefull FRCs are now relegated to being regular RCs (in #R pot gets combos off hammerfall FRC and megafist FRC, AC PB etc.) ? ? ? WOULD YOU STOP WAVING THAT LUBED-UP BROOMSTICK IN MY FACE PLEASE ?

And then of course there's how he actually looks now, Pot's "old-style" skin will be the first and only DLC I'll ever buy..........THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER ONE SIR ?

But it's still early so everything will be fine, right?....RIGHT???Ok, I'll stop now :p

Yeah, no, Xrd Pot is nowhere near as bad as Tager even after losing all the AC stuff, his XX goodies were enough to make him the best grappler of his time. As long as he has Hammer Break and FRC (YRC now), he has his safe repeatable pressure, many ways of getting in, and opportunities to get his mix-up going.

Or at least, that's what my pocket "Henaki Grappler Bible" says.

hammerfall frc is way better safe repeatable pressure than yrc but as it stands he has enough tools to be consistent. at the very worst he'll be like, kanji bad.

also, to address the above. most characters lost their godlike frcs. it's not something very potemkin specific. I'm just looking o see how 6k works out for him.

losing his overhead was pretty bad too, because his overhead was safe on block in terms of what he could do with it. that said, dust yrc command throw could be realllllllllllllly scary.

he def has potential to be good. i think he'll get junked on by bedman and eddie, as per usual. but he also lost two of his biggest problem child matchups of dizzy and testament.

I just remember Mori saying "nobody has fun when grapplers are good".

And what, he doesn't even get CH FDB pull-in but Sol gets dustloops again?

See you in Xrd+.

I just remember Mori saying "nobody has fun when grapplers are good".

And what, he doesn't even get CH FDB pull-in but Sol gets dustloops again?

See you in Xrd+.

And Mori isn't designing Potemkin, so...

At least wait to judge, there's not enough info to determine if Potemkin is bad.

Dat Z tho :v:

And his default palette is green, too!

Back on topic, can you YRC specials any time or are there specific YRC points?

I seem to recall you can do it anytime.

If that's the case then you could use special->YRC as a ghetto 25% RC.

With the slowdown, I wonder if you can do 6H xx flick immediate YRC 6H...seems likely in the corner but I wonder about midstage.

I like how some characters meterless combos do more than Potemkin Buster lol. I know guts is stronger so damage early in the match looks strong, but Pot doesn't hit as hard as some of the other characters atm.

And that Axl matchup, too early to tell but it looks bad. The chip damage that Axl can do from his new stance is insane.