Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tae Seong Kim

[Xrd] Potemkin Gameplay Discussion

58:45

Looks like 'SlideHead > RC > 6HS > xN' is legit

Konsome did really well in that event. :yaaay:

1:05:00 onwards.

FAB also knows some new corner combos with 6K (nothing impressive but still...).

Here's to hoping he gets something on zato too :]

lol, is this eddie match-up really that bad? I just keep hearing potemkin players always bringing it up. Sounds like one of those historically bad match-ups ala sagat and zangief.

lol, is this eddie match-up really that bad? I just keep hearing potemkin players always bringing it up. Sounds like one of those historically bad match-ups ala sagat and zangief.

yep. basically potemkin doesn't have a lot of mobility options/fast safe moves so its simply harder to hit eddie, or catch zato when eddie is down.

the way you beat zato is the window when he has to safely summon eddie, zato has to be more careful and approach in safer ways. potemkin has less ways of dealing with this phase. on top of that, when zato loses the ability to summon eddie for a while (eddie gets hit, or eddie simply runs out), his counter play is to run away and stall, which works stronger against potemkin as he has the lowest mobility in the game, and medium quality screen presence (pot has a few long range tools, ok mid range). most other characters have stronger mobility or screen presence or both.

yep. basically potemkin doesn't have a lot of mobility options/fast safe moves so its simply harder to hit eddie, or catch zato when eddie is down.

*sigh* I guess that's just the life of a grappler. Oh well, s'long as it isn't tager vs v-13 levels of bad I won't mind. Otherwise i'll just have to learn a sub(i'll probably learn a sub either way tbh).

*sigh* I guess that's just the life of a grappler. Oh well, s'long as it isn't tager vs v-13 levels of bad I won't mind. Otherwise i'll just have to learn a sub(i'll probably learn a sub either way tbh).

nah its not that bad imo. the matchup has always been a pretty reasonable 3-7 fight. maybe 3.5 - 6.5 in AC. winnable, but his worst matchup definitely.

I can't lie, if by the time it comes stateside it turns out he's actually low tier ill be VERY disappointed. I'm used to playing low tier, for Gods sake I play grapplers. But potemkin was always the one I couldn't wait to play because he was one of the better designed grapplers. Needless to say if the first GG I play seriously features the worst version of potemkin ill be more than a little heart broken.

Oh well, only time will tell.

Potemkin didn't get Hammer Fall break until XX. Don't worry about playing the worst potemkin.

Potemkin didn't get Hammer Fall break until XX. Don't worry about playing the worst potemkin.

i think x potemkin couldnt really fdc for any tangible benefit either haha.

PB can be followed up with 2K>S(f)>Heat in corner, at least on Faust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8soM422-k#t=260

c.S 2S 6K Heat works on Ky, and probably others since Ky is normal weight AFAIK. Probably needs to be pretty deep though.

Those corner combos with 6K actually look pretty solid given that you can start them off a random 5K/2K. 5K 2D RC, 6K, 2S 6K, 5H Heat. Might need a different finish on not-faust though.

6K Hammerbreak actually looks pretty solid, I wonder what level the 6K is? If it's at least Level 4 he should be at advantage after that, which would be great.

i think x potemkin couldnt really fdc for any tangible benefit either haha.

Nope, he was pretty much completely fucked in that game. Only really good thing he had was Giganter Shield was an instant dizzy every time.

Seriously guys its just a Lil tougher for us,but we are ok. Concentrate on your defense now like ib,1 frame bd's,opponents strings,and spacing. Once you start combining these things with your knowledge things will get easier. We just gotta know the game a Lil better than others. GG is still a game everyone in the cast can compete in. Looking forward to seeing the pot army making moves.

If I'm ever diagnosed with braincancer I'm blaming #R pot vs eddie :]

Also, what about 6k corner combos ? I want this game so bad ;_;

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23003791 I don't know if anyone posted this. FAB gets a counter hit 2hs near the corner and converts for almost 90% with 50% meter. Really good damage but seems pretty situational. Best damage I have seen so far.

2HS Counter with over 50% meter is always considered instant kill - not just about the damage but also the stun

2HS Counter with over 50% meter is always considered instant kill - not just about the damage but also the stun
This. It should be big damage into dizzy into death.

His guard bar (or whatever they call it now) was also more than slightly built up. The follow up attack that did most of the damage hitting before guts for full damage isn't that likely.

Was pretty cool though.

Gigantic Blid's damage is nuts. Way bigger than it's ever been, to my knowledge. Way more than Buster. They've been gunning to make Overdrives more useful...

5P's super high now, 2P's faster (according to FAB) and back to its old self. Probably 5P's intended for anti-air, 2P for ground.

Potemkin Buster RC falling j.H, c.S > 2S > Heat seems to be the go-to midscreen combo.

I remember seeing FAB land something like... 5K > c.S > 2S > 6K > Flick and it all connected. But he doesn't do it now, so...? I want to see 6K used more midscreen.

IF you could Flick into sweep, that'd be great. I suspect that it is being forgone for the sake of a knockdown and mix up. What were the stats on flick in reload anyway?

The Flick in reload is the best flick IMO. The flick (not the "wave") stagger on regular hit, launch, pull in on CH.

The wave stagger on both regular and CH - a sweep/hammerfall is guaranteed. Or you can 6HS/ HFB>Buster if opponent are not ready to shake =))

And it travels full screen

Also IIRC in #R it has a larger active window to flick things during, they made it shorter in Slash.

I think the reason FAB wouldn't use that combo ending in FDB is because it doesn't really leave you in a good position. +3 doesn't sound bad, but it's not really very good when you're slower than the rest of the cast and don't have a good range on your PB anymore.

Giganter probably does a lot more damage now to compensate for the fact you don't get free combos at mid screen anymore.

Yeah the huge plus of the new Giganter is it consistently does massive damage everywhere instead of just some places.

If you can combo into flick you can combo into PB, probably?

Also not specifically Pot related but I was here already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCtjbSYCuA#t=172

(at 2:52 if the forum eats the timestamp)

Looks like you can YRC if the opponent bursts, so under 50% meter doing chains with P->K->(P+K+S)->(P+K+H)->(P+K+special) seems like it'd be the go-to guaranteed burstbait OS unless I'm misinformed about YRCs again.

How would that OS work? The chain outprioritizes the YRC unless the move whiffs, but wouldn't that cause you to just RC the previous move? I'm pretty fuzzy on how input priority works in GG tbh. that def looks like some sort of OS though.

If you have less than 50% meter you can't RC but you can YRC, so on hit = chain and on whiff when they burst = YRC.

Makes sense that you can yrc during a burst since the opponent is out of stun, although wouldn't the buffer window need to be bigger for the yrc to come out since you're doing the special's input during the startup frames of the move before it?