Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

[Xrd] Bedman Gameplay Discussion

The changes sound good but that's a big slowdown on 6H.  I'm a little concerned about that.  

Damn. I had a 5D wallsplat BnB that needs 6HS to work as it is now. >.>

Otherwise, I'm down with all of these. Even little buffs are better than no buffs.

The changes seem good without making him terrifying, they kinda seem like "fixes" if you will. Except 6H, gotta see how that will turn out. Imagine a world if we still had 8 way invul air dashes haha

The very very very earlier builds like back in March the air dashes had full invul. It was to easy to just throw around Beds and runaway so it got taken away. Plus at the time only like 2 people played Bedman so no one knew how to fight him

I wonder how much farther away the teleport dash will make him reappear. Hopefully not too far to punish people who forget he can do that. Eager to see the 6HS changes though.

I wonder how much farther away the teleport dash will make him reappear. Hopefully not too far to punish people who forget he can do that. Eager to see the 6HS changes though.

I hope they just do away with this change and leave the rest. It would be the ideal situation.

The very very very earlier builds like back in March the air dashes had full invul. It was to easy to just throw around Beds and runaway so it got taken away. Plus at the time only like 2 people played Bedman so no one knew how to fight him

To be fair, a lot of people still don't really know how to fight Bedman.

What does "P1 of 90" mean for 2h/3h? It also says it hits them "forward." Does that mean it knocks them away from you? I wonder if normal hit is still techable and CH untechable. Need more info. Jump cancel sounds great though.

What does "P1 of 90" mean for 2h/3h? It also says it hits them "forward." Does that mean it knocks them away from you? I wonder if normal hit is still techable and CH untechable. Need more info. Jump cancel sounds great though.

P1 is a combo starter proration, sorry for the unclear wording. I'm honestly not sure which "forward" it means, but probably away from you, yeah.

I hope they just do away with this change and leave the rest. It would be the ideal situation.

To be fair, a lot of people still don't really know how to fight Bedman.

That's true but that ambiguity really helps because I don't ever see this character being too popular. All in all though he's fine, can't think of one thing I would want improved or taken away

My speculation is that it knocks them toward you.  I'm guessing with 2/3HS getting proration and a jump cancel that we'll be able to combo off of them with something like 3HS > 8 > 6jS.  Obviously this is just a guess, but I don't see a reason to make it JC and give it proration without also giving it the ability to combo.

Behavior when activating neutral recovery at a low position changed.

THIS

My fats Bedman ( and only my Bedman) gets a neutral uninvincible 'forward' tech all the time, so happy to see it fixed

Do we teleport when someone BS's 236K? I didn't think we did, so it seems like our projectile Oki is still good if that's the case.

Yeah, that was the one thing I was a bit worried about with the changes to BS repulsion.

I dunno about BS repulsion affecting it in loc test but he does teleport if they blitz in the current console version. After 2D and throw you're pretty far away so I don't think it will stagger bedman.

My speculation is that it knocks them toward you. I'm guessing with 2/3HS getting proration and a jump cancel that we'll be able to combo off of them with something like 3HS > 8 > 6jS. Obviously this is just a guess, but I don't see a reason to make it JC and give it proration without also giving it the ability to combo.

I wondered that as well you may be right. Should be cool.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/04/upcoming-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-arcade-changes-detailed-by-arc-system-works/

Has some more clarification.  Says crouch H knocks them toward bedman.  Better recovery from the dash parry sounds great.  6H sounds worse to me.  

Yeah this is all definitely pointing to getting a combo out of it which I think is great.

We aren't a high damage character (seriously, anyone been to the Ram forums and watched the tears that they lost their meterless ~200 damage corner loop?), but a combo out of 2/3HS allows us to effectively get ~70ish damage + oki from basically anywhere on screen which I think is the more fun way to buff us than to just give us more damage on what we currently have.

Really still hoping for a buff to 5HS's vacuum. Using it sets up a pretty good 50-50 and if 1/2/3HS is jump cancellable, we have a strong way to resume pressure if we opt out of mix up

So it just occured to me that we'll probably get some cool things meterless off throws now, depending on how far the velocity is off being hit with 3HS, we might be able to do throw->3HS->stuff.