Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

[Xrd] Bedman Gameplay Discussion

The proration changes I dont get. We weren't dealing assloads of damage before, especially not with a f.S starter. The j.236S nerf I feel like it had to do with new combo paths, so maybe they did a ton of damage before? Idk. We already heard about the 6HS nerf before, so that doesn't bother me. The airdash change... eh, its good, but it just makes combos easier. Hemijack is basically the same as it is now, with reduced recovery, so... yeah

I see they're still scared shitless of Hemijack. We'll see what it ends up being, but from the changes we can tell that Team Red has little idea what use that overdrive is supposed to have.

We're keeping important buffs, so damage nerfs don't hurt too much. Still, that thing about air task B would be outrageous if it wasn't part of loketest shanenigans.

They are nerfs that won't really be felt, I think.

But did anyone anywhere ever say, "That Bedman... dealing a bit too much damage these days."?

If f.S is to lead to knockdown combo I can see the point in damage decrease.

Anyway, any word if changes to tasks apply to deja vus as well? If DVj.B would still deal as much damage as before I wouldn't mind nerf to j.Task B damage, as it's supposed to now work well in combos and provide a knockdown.

Taking into consideration that f.S combos into 2S, and 2S combos (if patch is real) into 2D and 2HS on crouching (which can now be jump cancelled), it still sounds like we'll be doing overall better

Not liking some of these loketest changes...some of the buffs have been reverted:

- Hemijack: total recovery reduced from 83f to 73f; projectile speed buff reverted; increased projectile stagger nerf reverted

- Command Airdash: changed so it's easier to use it off aerials

- j.236S: damaged reduced from 26 to 14 (why???)

- f.S: 90% starter proration added

- j.D: 90% starter proration added

- 6HS: startup increased from 21f to 31f

still waiting on more translations...

If j.236S lead to a hard knockdown, then that damage nerf makes every sense to me.

I guess if you don't wanna mix them up. Tbh I always thought that getting 150+ damage with the setup anywhere on screen was pretty ridiculous. I really don't think our high out of our high-low mixup should be our best damage

Well 6H RC does 190

150 for RC j.D was totally reasonable imo. Now it will just do a bit less. Not a big deal.

But j.D hits frequently. 6HS not so much lol. But yeah, I'd still say even with some bs proration, we should still be better of than before. Was really hoping for some more interesting hemijack setups.

I finally got Xrd in the sale, and i'm thinking about trying out Bedman, how should i get started?, i remember someone had a post with some basic tips

Get use to 8 way airdash. Really good for mixup and pressure. Don't RC for damage unless you absolutely need a knockdown or for fixing/confirming off something unsafe (or the obvious kill combo).

j.A and j.S are your main air to airs, j.K is a good jump-in and decent air to air. j.HS is an air to ground, and I typically only use it if they commit to blocking. j.D is an instant overhead. Not comboable without RC or a YRC'd DV A' or C.

f.S would be your main long range poke, but be sure to cancel it into something, cuz its unsafe by itself. 2S is a long range, semi-low profiling, low attack. Its got a slightly slow startup, but one of Bedman's few normals that arent - on block. 1/2/3HS are zoning tools that are extremely unsafe to wiff, but have ridiculous active frames. c.S and 2K are your main pressure tools. 2K being a fast low, and c.S being neutral on block and being able to cancel it into many other normals, specials, or simply jump. 5HS vacuums, and can be used for some tricky mixups, but only if both hits hit (since only the second hit is jump cancellable). 2P is your fastest normal with good range. 5P is a situational AA and poke, with having a high hitting hitbox and being 6f. 6P has a huge hitbox with a lot of upper body invul, but be careful because Bedman's hitbox is still quite large. 2D is a typical sweep, -4, so not strictly safe bu4 has some pushback to make it hard to punish if uncancelled. Can be special cancelled into task A to make sure of that though. 6HS is a tricky move that can cross through the opponent, but is slow to start up and is highly unsafe on wiff. It has some strike invul before th3 active frames though, and can be special cancelled on block or hit into Task A for safety or combo.

For specials, we get some good space control out of em and is where Bedman's unique olay style comes in. All specials leave DV seals. Using DV, you can re-activate that special without too much risk. Note though, that very few specials leave a DV seals on RC. Task A is your zoning tool. Its fast and easy to through out and can hit twice because of its return path. Its return path can be moderately controlled because it HAS to return to Bedman. It doesn't stay out on block or hit though, so be careful. Task A' follows all the same rules as Task A, but a slower startup and hits once. Once it hits, you teleport to the opponent and are at +9. Task B is a combo tool mostly, but can also be used as a movement tool. The air version is infinitely better than the ground version imo, so tking it is preferred. Also, the air version is one of the only moves that can be RC'd and leave a seal, but it will be either a red or purple RC since its after the actives end, so its very situational. Task C is a lot of things. It can be used as a situational AA, a mixup tool, and a combo ender, and... is safe on block as long as you dont land point blank. Air task C is neutral or plus, depending on how high up you are (max +3). Then theres DV. DV task A is rarely used, but it starts and returns to the dv seal rather than Bedman, so it can throw some people off. DV task A' is your go to way of getting a task A' off during pressure, which lets some really strong mixups start to work. j.D now leads to a strong combo, 6HS leads to some difficult to react to left-right mixups, task C can get cancelled before or after it hits overhead to make confusing high/low left/right mixups. Task B is massively plus on block and is good at keeping them blocking, thus making it easy to crank their RISC. Task C is really good space control and can keep them from jumping. Its also used in combos for j.D, which gets you some good damage.

Your ODs are helios and hemijack, and their uses are simple. Helios is a reversal thats a tad on the slow sode, but is massively plus on block and gets you a short combo. Hemijack has really long startup and goes away if you are hit, but is completely unblockable and forces the opponent into dizzy status as long as they werent in hitstun when it hit.

I have a question about Bedman 8-way movement.

So now that I have an arcade stick I can finally play Bedman and he is everything I hoped for. Now, for the question. 

When going into training mode to master his 8-way movement I was doing..note this will get kind of technical.

Originally I was hitting 88 in around 600 milliseconds or just over half a second. 

Then I started doing 88 in 1 full second to 1.2 seconds.

The question is just how fast should I be trying to trigger float? I want to make sure I'm being optimal.

Also I've been trying to do that cross up float into diagonal with 98(1or3) but I constantly get a straight jump after the cross up. 

Whats the right way to get that cross up? Is it 99(1 or 3) to go the cross up float?

1.) Like just for in neutral? After a knockdown? Need a little more info XD

2.) I think I know which cross up your talking and you have high jump for it to work. So (knockdown, walk up a little, 1/2/3 981 5p/5k)

You need to time the j.5p/j.5k so it hits when the opponents has fully woken up, because when Any character hops over another they don't immediately turn around to face them, they're still facing forward during the jump until for a little bit

EDIT: Actually I may have no idea what your talking about but if you wanna do cross ups and fancy stuff like that just make sure you high jump first

I'm looking to figure out how to do these types of Float cross up's 

Video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EI-XhEJMUY

There are a lot of examples in this vid but here's a time stamp of one

3:50

There was vid of a perfect example but I can't seem to find it atm.

Essentially just trying to figure out how to jump over some one, stop, then hit diagonal in the direction I just came.

Make sure you go to neutral after you hit 9...like, 9581 K should work. I have no issues performing this crossup, I use it a lot against characters with dp reversals for two reasons...first, it messes up their inputs and secondly, it is a safejump if done properly.

Unless there is a dp OS for crossups in this game (like, Leo theoretically could beat it due to his dp being a down charge) or the foe is in the corner, or you aren't point blank the above options are simple and effective at providing a high/low/throw mixup and a left/right mixup, and leads to conditioning for empty jumps and such