Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

[Xrd] Bedman Gameplay Discussion

It's neat that no matter how close to the corner you air throw it will always leave enough space for 6H crossup. You are in wakeup grab range after air throw so step back slightly when doing 2K meaty.

You can get a good air throw setup during a corner grab combo after doing airdash 6 j.S instead of doing c.S after land just jump air throw there.

I was wondering if we had any air grab resets. If it weren't for the lack of reward, I'd probably do it more often. I think the task seal would probably be more worthwhile than the 50 or so damage from an air grab.

Also, I've been doin f.S>6HS as an anti-jump blockstring, but I feel I'm doin it wrong. Is f.S>2HS a better anti jump blockstring?

fS, 6H is pretty good. I do that into task A, YRC to combo if it hits (and pressure if it's blocked). I also often YRC my 6H after fS. It's a good way to get in their face, if you're out of range initially. If they're grounded, you can throw them and if they ended up jumping, you can airthrow them. Usually works well for me.

Just started taking my Bedman online yesterday. So far so good since I'm slowly lvling up. My question is what do I do when I stuck in the corner?

Things I've tried.

FD-Tho I haven't had much luck doing this since I'm usually low on meter due to YRC'ing. Also when I do have the meter to FD to push them back they generally shove me right back in.

2P - I've tried using 2P in the micro gaps but it just doesn't seem to get me out.

I've attempted many other things and it just seems like once I'm in the corner it's GG. Well its GG if the person I'm fighting has corner combo's.

Anyway, for people have some get out of corner tech they could share that would be great.

If you manage to get a big enough gap, typically your best way to get out of the corner immediately is superjump>air task B. You might get punished depending on the character, but its better than being stuck in the corner for a lot of MUs

If you manage to get a big enough gap, typically your best way to get out of the corner immediately is superjump>air task B. You might get punished depending on the character, but its better than being stuck in the corner for a lot of MUs

Yea this morning I figured out a few way to get out of crazy corner pressure.

Here's what I found so far. Listing this encase this was just luck.

1. FD into 6H. Found that if the opponent tries to go back in from the ground I'll teleport behind them. 

2. 2K-2D combo at the right time can lead into an escape.

3. Superjump. It's really not safe but I got out once.

Anyway thats what I found so far. That with not going so ham on YRC I can just blitz out.

Also on an unrelated note its fun as hell to use the sheep super as a huge shield to move in :P

Dont forget about IBing to get meter in general. Sometimes the sight of you IBing their blockstring makes them do somethin unsafe or makes their usual options punishable. Plus, DAA is a decent gtfo move

Yea I'm just in the beg stage of working in Tech. So far working on the insane cross up potential of Task A setup's with 6H and such.

But I'm def making huge gains. Just from today alone I'm able to break a lot of top tier characters and just solid players in general.

Yea this morning I figured out a few way to get out of crazy corner pressure.

Here's what I found so far. Listing this encase this was just luck.

1. FD into 6H. Found that if the opponent tries to go back in from the ground I'll teleport behind them. 

2. 2K-2D combo at the right time can lead into an escape.

3. Superjump. It's really not safe but I got out once.

Anyway thats what I found so far. That with not going so ham on YRC I can just blitz out.

Also on an unrelated note its fun as hell to use the sheep super as a huge shield to move in :P

you can also try 66 to parry teleport out

This kinda plays into people playing differently, but how do you guys get meter? I tend to spend a lot of time running or playing passively until I get a hit, but this of course gets you meter starved

faultless defense into 6H? can you explain

This kinda plays into people playing differently, but how do you guys get meter? I tend to spend a lot of time running or playing passively until I get a hit, but this of course gets you meter starved

i do a lot of airdashing...not necessarily at the opponent but at various trajectories.If I airdash down back or something, i can walk forward to get more tension.

I've attempted the dash parry multiple times but it never works. Tho I suspect it works offline or in games where you in 3F lag or less. Most of games are 4F-7F which is why Dash Parry doesn't seem to work. I'll test this in training mode tho.

For the FD into 6H.

When under pressure if your FD'ing the opponent is slowly getting pushed back. How far they are being pushed is determined by the level of the attack. Once the person is in say 5H range you can use 6H instead.

6H has a small parryish window so when they ground dash back in you will teleport behind them hit them and then can cancel it into Task C. If the opponent doesn't try to dash forward your 6H will leave you in front of them instead but you'll still be able to combo into Task C. 

For an example of using the dash to get out of corner, Sol as example.  Sol players like to cancel 5H and 2D into special moves.  After blocking them if 66 you'll dash parry through the special move.  Should be mashable.  

What are some visual cues for our wakeup reversal timing, if any? And does being hit otg affect the wakeup speed?

Aside from the fact that we aren't blocking, there isn't really a cue.

Also, and I believe this extends to all the cast, being hit otg let's you tech immediately. Sol's take great advantage of that with otg 2K>Gunflame. I believe we can do the same with otg 2K>Task A.

From what I've seen the main OTG Bedman players do is 2K c.S into 214H DV YRC or jump cancel the c.S.

It really depends on the spacing. I was messing with it yesterday, and he doesn't seem to have a universal OTG setup that works for all situations at the moment.

Is it just me or does our dust sound pretty damn impressive as a meaty? 7 actives at neutral advantage means possibly gapless into 2K on block, plus a successful dust in the corner gets you an A' seal and B or C seal of your choice.

Edit: thinking about all the task setups, should we have an oki thread?

Is it just me or does our dust sound pretty damn impressive as a meaty? 7 actives at neutral advantage means possibly gapless into 2K on block, plus a successful dust in the corner gets you an A' seal and B or C seal of your choice.

Edit: thinking about all the task setups, should we have an oki thread?

I've been writing down metric tons of possible oki routes in my notepad. A good theory thread is always welcome, so I could share some of that next week. 

Still I don't think dust as meaty is a good idea. It's not cancellable and has enough startup to leave opponent a lot of time to prepare. My bet is that outside of netplay we'd eat a lot of SB/SRKs or just be disadvantageous after the opponent backdashes.

I feel like dust pushes out too much on block for you to frametrap off it even if doing as a meaty on oki made it + frames. I really hate that the strong corner dust combo completely fails if dust lands as counterhit.

On CH dust you can do c.S>6P>c.S>236K>c.S>5HS>1HS>236HS for 139 damage on Ky. Take out the second c.S and it works on normal hit for 137. Or replace 6P with f.S and you get 139

Better yet, the head banger

Dust>5PPP>236K>c.S>5HS>1HS>236HS

Necro hiding his sick corner dust combos.  The nerve :P  

Wish I knew about these sooner I didn't know you could combo to K ball without having it side switch.  

As long as they slide down, chances are you can throw an A'. The A' seal is the biggest reason why I actually like our dust. Yeah, its slow and flashes red, but its safe on block and gives best oki. Also you can combo 5HS into dust through RRC, so if you've got your momentum and 50 meter, this doubles it. Would you guys say 2 seals for 50 meter is worth a single DV YRC?

As long as they slide down, chances are you can throw an A'. The A' seal is the biggest reason why I actually like our dust. Yeah, its slow and flashes red, but its safe on block and gives best oki. Also you can combo 5HS into dust through RRC, so if you've got your momentum and 50 meter, this doubles it. Would you guys say 2 seals for 50 meter is worth a single DV YRC?

Thanks for the info, I completely forgot about RC > 5D combos.

So far I've been playing BE with mindset that tension should be sacrificed on the altar of momentum as much as possible, so 2 seals for 50 meter is something to look for. Ofc BE does have so many ways for effective meter usage (Oki, extended pressure, safer zoning, task B/C shenanigans, DAA) it's sometimes hard to make the call, but when I see opportunity to burn meter for more/better pressure I always go for it.