Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

[Xrd] Bedman Gameplay Discussion

Bedman

guiltygear-xrd-ggxrd-bedman.jpg

Does anyone have any info on how he works?

From the recent vids you can see that he places symbols on the screen. Spirals, arrows etc. I've seen shadow versions of the bed come out of the symbols and do attacks.

He has multi hitting air normals, some kind of air delay/airdash stalling move, he can throw the head of the bed out as a projectile and it returns.

Anything you've noticed or can decipher? Any write ups about him already online?

---

Found this:

Forward and back dashes seem to be teleports like slayer. Has a static looking visual effect like TV static.

Has a projectile (throws that crown ball) and then he can summon it back and it hits on way back. Can do in air and ground.

Can air dash 8 ways (think marvel) and cancel into normals and specials quickly

Lots of long range normals

Has spinning tornado spike top move that does many hits and travels forward. Knocks down

Has move where he flips and spins in the air From the ground in an arc and lands on opponents head. Can use déjà I to “store” the move so that if he does it again a phantom image of him comes out and does it leaving him to do other stuff. I think it’s a projectile but not sure. Can probably use déjàvu in same way with other specials

His IK mode comes super fast and he can easily use it to kill dizzied opponents! Seems super cheap.

Has a super that comes out rally fast. If hits, the screen turns all colored tv bar static like and a big palm flashes over the screen. Seems to dizzy easily but I dunno if its automatic.

Has another super that is a good reversal. Exploding alarm clock animation that has a blast that hits all around bedman.

Seems to be able to teleport right next to opponent if projectile hits but probably has some condition for it.

Can set seals on the screen. 3 kinds. I think one is for proj, one for flip move, one for spinny tornado. I think it indicates déjàvu is activated for each move

At least Bedman seems to have low hp

So ill explain more about Bedmans cheap super. Shadow beast is summoned at the far corner away from bedman behind opponent. Slowly moves forward. Touch the beast and get hit. Unblockable and very high chance of dizzy state and that means you are done. IK is too good.

Bedman has four basic specials, a boomerang projectile, a projectile plus teleport, tornado charge, and a rising bedslam.

Each special move leaves a symbol where that move was used. Bedman can then make a phantom Bedman perform the same move from that spot.

Better change the color of that font, man.

The spinning move is the one I'm interested in the most right now, since it seems to be more than just combo fodder. Its aerial version covers tons of space with Deja Vu, and it seems to be safe-ish on block (though that's more because of people spamming it left and right as if it is).

Also, I remember seeing him canceling blocked alarm clock super into the spin, which means that it's special-cancelable or something? Since it's a reversal super, seems like an easy way to make it safe.

EDIT: oh, time wasted lol

Bedman has 2 sets of specials; Task (236+X) and Deja Vu (214+X). Task will leave the seals [which, I believe do not disappear if he is hit, but only if the seals themselves are?] and doing a Deja Vu causes the corresponding seal to "replay" a duplicate of that special, do note that Bedman can not immediately act on a Deja Vu as he preforms a small stance to summon the after image [and if you do not have a seal for that Deja Vu he WILL be stuck in the summoning pose with nothing coming out, leaving you vulnerable]. All Task can be preformed in the air [leaving seals where they begin] but it appears he can not Deja Vu in the air.

Also worth noting is Bedman's rather unique movement options, he has an omnidirectional 8-way air dash and his ground dash is unique in that the start up frames appear to give him some form invulnerability [akin to Slayer and Azrael's ground dashes, however I have seen Bedman immediate warp behind the opponent after successfully "absorbing" a move with those start up frames]. Also notice that there are 2 versions of Task A, 1 merely throws the bed's head as a projectile while the other has you teleport upon connection, so this adds to his unorthodox movement options.

Bedman's Overdrives are pretty nice; the "alarm clock" one appears to be 0 frames [or pretty damn minimal] after the flash as I've yet to see anyone be able to do anything if they were already in the middle of an action. This is probably the closest thing he has to a reversal. Oddly enough, it seems that post location testing no one is using the "nightmare" familiar, which might have seen drastic changes since then(? Elven said it was really OP back then but said even now it still causes stagger easy, so maybe people just aren't confident in setups with it yet?)

Right now, due to his 100% new status, it seems people just haven't got their bearings with him yet, however I have seen some impressive pressure game [particularly in the corner] with the right use of Deja Vus. If I had to akin him to another type of character, I would say he is a funky version of Sentinel from MvC2. Until Baiken is announced, this will probably be a character I have the most interest in.

I wonder which of his normals make Bedman stab his arms under the ground and make them spring up under the opponent's feet? I've seen it come out in multiple locations, Invite Hell style. Pretty sure it's a normal because I swore I saw Bedman cancel into his projectile when his opponent blocked it.

I also wonder how useful Hemi Jack (boogieman overdrive) is going to be long term. I haven't heard any follow up info since the loketests.

cant wait to see some combos in general. he seems like he will be very versatile and offense oriented.

do all of his deja vu attacks hit mid?

do all of his deja vu attacks hit mid?

Yeah, it was said at a loketest they were. Well, I remember someone saying his one attack, the bodyBedpress move hit overhead, but it's deja-vu version hits mid.

I guess they thought that would be too easy otherwise, lol.

Here what I've collected about Bedman.

His ground dash is teleport, you know that. Though he can't cancel it like Slayer. So no jumps, normals and specials is possible.

His teleport looks pretty similar to his 6H where Bedman leans forward (with superarmor/autoguard) and then do his TP with hit behind opponent, like Johnny's jackhound. It seems range is no problem here since it counters Axl's follow-ups from his new stance.

I wonder which of his normals make Bedman stab his arms under the ground and make them spring up under the opponent's feet?

That's his 1H, 2H and 3H normal. Each for it's own range.

Bedman does not have double jump. Obviously.

His IK very slow now.

If you hit opponent with DejaVu task A', real Bedman will be teleported to him.

Do we even know what Bedman's playstyle is supposed to be? I can never really discern what it could be since the only Bedman players in the videos I've seen do nothing beyond float around and die. Any info?

Well geez, three out of five of his specials are projectiles, the other two provide him some mobility along with the float (and one of the projectiles), and his normals cover lots of space. He seems like another zoner with poor defensive options but great neutral game to me, somewhere between Faust and Testament.

Yeah that post in the OP is from a loketest and has lots of information, but it's good to see it clarified. in the regular posts (how Deja Vu and Tasks work, IK startup heavily nerfed).

Also I'm pretty sure the head toss is boomerang and not recall? C/D anyone? Teleport works on blocking it as well I'm pretty sure.

Is he like a zoner or something?

He certainly has some good zoning ability with his special dashes and nice projectile, but I think he's more of a hybrid character, as he has some good up close pressure as well, especially with spinning tornado thingy. That being said, I'm not certain what he's supposed to be either, lol.

it seems he can also hit them to make them go away. (certain ones, at least)

As in Bedman can hit his own seals? Why would he need to do that? :psyduck:

As in Bedman can hit his own seals? Why would he need to do that? :psyduck:

honestly i have no idea. maybe he has a way to call them back, sometimes i see some run out WAY too quick..

Well I know if he does the same special move the seal disappears right away? Maybe that's what happened? Or time expiring for it coincidentally?

Well I know if he does the same special move the seal disappears right away? Maybe that's what happened? Or time expiring for it coincidentally?

I think that's the most likely explanation. I don't really see why bedman would need any option to get rid of any seals that are already out, aside from re positioning the same one.

After watching that set against Potemkin, I am even more intrigued by this character...

I already mentioned the seals disappearing from they themselves being hit, but it confirmed that the Deja Vu moves self-replicate seals so long as Bedman himself is not hit while they are active. In this way Bedman seems more like a trap character, but pressure is certainly his strongest trait at the moment, with the right position and seals he can make some scary situations. His mixup also seems surprisingly good as well, obviously from forcing you to block Deja Vus but also in the way that his teleport ball works, since hitting from the front will cause him to warp in your face and he can act simultaneously but also the fact that if it hits you in the back he warps behind you, causing very cross-up esque situations. The threat of his ball toss becomes that much more consistent.

But man, Potemkin's flick is going to suck, especially on teleport ball, since it forces YOU to block immediately.

The bliss of the seals!