Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

[Xrd] Bedman Gameplay Discussion

Exactly like he said, he might be invul to attacks but not to grabs. It at the very least seems like he can beat most people's pressure attempts out with it, and that it hits on both sides is pretty nice too.

I'm very interested in this character since I'm highly disappointed in the Xrd version of Venom (my old main). It seems like people are still figuring things out with him cause he's kinda gimmicky. Hopefully things turn out nicely for him.

So, today I've watched Tsubu fight with FAB and bedman made great impression on me.

As I've seen it has great pressure thanks to Deja Vu, and great Mobility although he is not necessarily fast.

How's Bedman's damage compare to the cast?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

looks low, but tsubu wasn't doing many combos either.

bedman's neutral is looking strong, not scary though unless one cant get in vs him. litchi-esque projectile for disruption and looks like it can beat other fireballs, and auto teleport? seals for zoning/trapping, mobility, l agree is slow-ish but still looks top notch

pressure right now also just looks strong. seems to take away the throw game if using deja pressure. still, high/low/crossup seems legit.

pokes look alright, one air poke seems to extend his hitbox though, hope the rest do not...

he looks good. obviously needs more development, but if anyone can do it, tsubu can

I saw a bedman at a Mikado 3on3 who liked to do that. His bedman did more teleporting than all the others I've seen.

Teleport ball is interesting, because both players really have to keep track of it since it just instantly teleports him. I saw bedman just flash in there before he was ready and everyone was just confused for a second lol.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

About that, I think I saw a teleport ball be thrown at someone on wakeup, and it seemed to hit on the other side of the opponent and Bedman actually crossed up. That's gonna make for some fun oki.

http://youtu.be/aaffcsHR2N4?t=2m14s

what's up with that seal? is it because bedman's projectile clashed with i-no's? i thought the dejavu version would only travel halfway but it went the entire way. so i don't understand why the seal looks special.

Yeah, I suppose Bedman doesn't teleport after his projectile if it clashes with the enemy's (notice that it really was a teleport projectile, since Bedman teleports right after the round ends). As for why the Deja Vu projectile flew all the way, remember that Deja Vu is not an exact copy of the performed special, it's a separate move that just happens to have the same shape and is launched from the same location.

I actually think he finishes talking if you give him enough time, like during Sol's IK

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

We never actually compiled what his moves do, so here we go:

(i will post special move details tomorrow)

Collapsed: Bedman's Normals:

5P: Pokes with the head of the bed. fastest useful normal he has, can be used as anti-air. doesnt seem to hit crouchers

5K: Kicks with the bed's foot. not too much range, 2K seems to be better.

c.S: seems to be able to be gatling'd into from 5K and 2K. can be jump cancelled.

f.S: CHAINSAWS. hits mid, not + on block, jump cancellable.

5H: whip like arms, better range than f.S. not + on block, not jump cancellable, used for close neutral spacing. special move cancellable

5D: Bedman illuminates red when he does this, so its VERY telegraphed. range is short, seems to miss often if not spaced right? (can drop off gatlings) not the best dust, at all.

2P: crouching head poke. + on block, range not so good.

2K: gatlings into H moves. good reach, hits low.

1/2/3H: a little saw comes out the ground. 1H hits in front of bedman, 2H midscreen, 3H opposite end of screen. cant be jump cancelled, but can be YRC'd. gatlings into 236P apparently?

2D: TRIP EM UP. easy to gatling into, can use Task A (236P) to end combo. also, if they are too close, 236P will hit behind?

6P: your standard 6P. upper body invincible, launches on hit, good anti. also can be used after c.S to launch. (example. c.S 6P Task C[the bed slam] for knockdown)

6H: the high speed rush,

AIR STUFF

j.P: a poke with the head in air. hits diagonally for some weird reason, is a fast poke with not much range. good for air-to-air when rising.

j.K: bedman makes his legs look like a thorn and pokes them out. good reach, it is underneath him. good for jump ins when not using j.H. (float > dash down diagonally > j.K is good pressure)

j.S: air version of f.S. decent reach, good air normal. used in a lot of combos, basic example is j.S > float 6 j.s > Task B air version (236S) (its special cancellable)

j.H: probably the normal you've all seen, a circular saw comes out of the bottom of the bed. a good jump in tool, also works well air-to-air falling but not on equal level. good for diving in as it goes down fast in a downward direction. on air hit, goes into Task B (236S) easily. (cannot be jump cancelled)

j.D: the animation here confuses me. all i know is it slams them too the ground. RCable into combo

Throws

ground throw: THE BEST THING BEDMAN HAS LIKE WOW THE GOD. 10 hits, can be combod off without RC if near corner, in mid screen if RC'd on 7-9th hit? this does a lot of damage. use it a lot.

air throw: throw that nerd to the ground. okayish damage, not comboable in general.

dead angle: same motion and hitbox as dust. it sucks, basically.