Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

May vs Axl

Axel- his chain whiffs if you just run at him lol if you do 6p on his wake up and he does bomber GG, Pulsr

VS Axl: May can run under his 5p, and IAD j.s j.h will beat any of his low pokes and lead to huge damage. Don't get caught in 2S range vs. axl, poke with 5k (goes over his low pokes) and make sure your damage counts. FB Dolphin missiles seriously fuck axl up, he has no good response to them whatsoever.

i haven't read the rest of the thread yet but anything i can do against axl's stupid 2k low profile wiff thing as an anti-air against me? thing is stupid!

J.FDC, Fall down with a J.HS and get a CH. LOL Axel, is lots of Hoop sets because his strongest overall game is centered around punishing your approach.

i haven't read the rest of the thread yet but anything i can do against axl's stupid 2k low profile wiff thing as an anti-air against me? thing is stupid!

j.S should beat it clean, due to it pointing so steeply downwards. This is one of May's most underrated normals imo.

J.FDC, Fall down with a J.HS and get a CH. LOL

Axel, is lots of Hoop sets because his strongest overall game is centered around punishing your air approach.

Fixed that for you. I realize players don't always have amazing reaction time, so this may sound like theory fighter, but in my experience, a j.2H is reactable with a lowprofile 2K, period, and you only need 3F into 2K to get low-profile before it'll hit you, so that mixup might work a few times, but it's probably on a gimmick level that'll quickly get seen through. Getting the opponent to autopilot is good, but this trick isn't strong against players who aren't doing so.

But from the Mays I've played (Including my matches with you, Kyle) what seems to work best is ground game and tickthrows. Axl can punish you from far out, but that doesn't mean you have to get hit for moving. I can tell you right now that at least how I play this match, it's MUCH easier if you can get May to jump or HVD from far away.

If she approaches on the ground, there's a lot more prediction involved, since Axl doesn't have any tools that'll beat EVERYthing she tries, and the tools he does have aren't fast enough to reliably react to the May player. Between short horizontal dolphins, hoopsets, 6P, and things like 3K/3H to work with, May has more than enough tools to make life hard for Axl, so there's no need to make life easy by trying to beat a living SAM turret, and once you have pressure going, things like tick-overhead kiss and Dust mixup are MUCH more dangerous than things like falling j.H/j.2H/Whatever. I say this about a lot of matchups, but that's because it's true: With a few exceptions, coming in from the air in a neutral situation is suicide, so don't do it!

DW is correct. J2hs is a bad idea, though its an answer to his 2k, you should be thanking the stars he doesnt realize 2s will own all your air to ground moves. If there is alot of room between you put a hoop out and use it to cover your ass. 5k, 5s, fbhd will cover your ass also and safetly allow you to put your sprites almost toe to toe, which is exactly where you want to spend this whole fight.

Axl match 4 shows interesting ch at 2:05, after overlooking frame data looks possible to punish axl's 6k wiff with 5hs on reaction (6k=47 frame to recover 5hs= 14frame till active). Its a strict reaction speed. Looks dubious on possiblity for same punish against axl's 5p (34) because of difference in frame recovery and extended hit box height that is given to may during 5hs may cause 2nd hit to interupt during startup 5hs frames. 663k still reliable against 5p wiff but would be interesting to check out the possiblities for 5hs CH on axl's 6k.

After watching it several times (20ish) looks like 662d jackhammer might work though it might not due to a fast masher or wiffing it as the tip of the toe would be what your hitting with. I'd test this but no ps2 :'(!!!!!

The great thing is that 2d jackhammer is totally hit confirmable (I'd say its equal or comparable to chung li's 2mk confirm into super.)

GGXX:AC Kyle (MA) vs ChickenFat (AX) 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ePH72M9qk

j.S should beat it clean, due to it pointing so steeply downwards. This is one of May's most underrated normals imo.

I think no one used it cause it only gatling to HS, the new kick gatling is hawt.

I just run forward in this match.