Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

impetuszwei

[FB] Astray Gold Frame Amatsu - DANCE, GREASE MONKEY, DANCE!

MBF-P01-Re<AMATU> Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu

Pilot: Rondo Ghina Sahaku

Cost: 2000

HP: 560

Series: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray

gkgundamkit_1144_HG_Gundam_Astray_Gold_Frame_Ama.jpg

There are probably other people with better knowledge about this suit than me, but since I main this suit, here's some info about it for people who are thinking about picking it up (probably none but eh).

Movelist

[A] Trikeros Beam Rifle

Standard BR, projectile travels a little slower than most BRs, decent reload time

[CSa] Trikeros Darts

Solid ammo. Stuns on hit but loses to all beam projectiles like other solid ammo projectiles. Charge time is pretty long.

[AB] Maga-no-Shirahoko

Sends out whips from Gold Frame's backpacks, will whiff at close range. Air-to-air is not recommended. Has decent tracking, stuns on hit.

[AC] Mirage Colloid

Gold Frame disappears for a short while, forcing green lock and does a very fast dash towards the opponent. Can follow up with A to avoid fire, B for greedy melee combos. One of the fastest moves in game.

Has 4/6AC variations, Gold Frame disappears and dodges in the direction input before dashing forward. Note that being in greenlock does not prevent BRs from hitting you in the face if you try to chase down hard.

[bC] Maga-no-Ikutachi

Gold Frame uses the scythes on its backpack to drain energy. Can mash B up to 5x to drain more hp, has 8B or 2B ender.

[ABC] Super: Dance is Over!

Gold Frame shoots out Maga-no-Shirahoko faster than the speed of light, does a Trans-AM style 3 hit melee and then Izuna Drops the opponent. According to the JP Wiki http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/274.html , Assault Burst Super's hits also restore your HP because of the attacks with Maga-no-Ikutachi. This super comes out really fast, has super armor on activation and is very cut-resistant.

Cancel Routes

A→AB

6BB→BC

Combos

5BB > 4/6BBB or 4/6BBA

5BB > 4/6BB BC

5BB2B->BC

BD melee > AB

Basic Strategy

-6BB melee routes is always recommended because it has good cut resistance.

-If in range, AB can be used to punish landing (needs to be tested more)

-AC is amazing to use in cutting opponent's combos or preventing your opponent's teammate from cutting your partner's.

-Trying to use AB to cut your opponent's combo might work, but might also stun your partner so think about when to use it.

Videos

http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/EXVSFB/EXVSFB_sdb0hhs6d.html

One video from horibuna I find really worth watching to know more about this suit:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22803003

Your best non-EX combo is probably ac-nbb-8b>nbb-8b-a. The initial animations are fast enough to have a reasonable cut resistance for the whole combo. The freezing animation of the 8b-a is justified with the extra touch of damage on already moderately damaging combo.

In EX, your best combo is probably ac-nbb-8b>nbb-8b>abc. The same deal with cut resistance and damage output applies here.

I include ac at the beginning to make the point that almost all of your attacks with Gold Frame should be sly. Mirage Colloid is probably FB's most perfect move for closing distance when used appropriately. When used right, nac will be more used than 4/6ac, as the latter consumes time by dekeing to the left or right; however, 4/6ac is useful in making close-range position corrections to surprise an opponent. If your target is above you or you are somehow becoming engaged in a rainbow step battle, 4/6ac can help in breaking your target's flow.

Also, (being nitpicky) abc is started by firing the Trikeros Darts, not the Maga-no-Shirohoko. One other thing, I believe the attack drains some HP in both Assault and Blast Bursts, but unless your role is concerned with conserving HP for the match, you'll most likely be using Assault Burst.

Amatsu mina differences summary:

beam rifle seems same as goldframe except for +1 ammo.
much better 6b range
better 5b/cc8b range
csA charges faster
more BC ammo. double BC combo restore 100 hp
slightly more boost gauge(enough to do another BDC)
parry seems to be high class to me in terms of speed and active frames? certainly not 1f though. i might be wrong about how it compares to others. but it seems superior to deathscythe, delta parries etc
2b has a low down count.can do 2b 22 2b 22 2b 22 2b 22 2b
superior priority on all melee, but not by a ton. melee still generally loses to high-class melee such as red frame 8bc and god 5b, but 2bc and 2b compensate
6b looks like it has a slightly disjointed hitbox. need to test
AC reloads faster but is otherwise same besides perhaps a slight priority improvement?
ranbu has nice tracking and super armor, seems like a solid typical ranbu
slightly faster movement speed
since you can follow up gold frame AC with any melee, new 2b may be particularly useful
csA does not carry more momentum

so: better punishing and other aspects due to improved melee reach and 2b, easier poking/footsies/backing game due to faster csA and more AC ammo and slightly better movement, better at dealing with other melee mechs due to 2b and parry, having ranbu super instead of projectile may be superior, hype double BC combos if the other enemy is somehow occupied

didn't mess with combos.