Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

AH3LM_News_&_Gameplay_Discussion_Header.

News & Gameplay Discussion

Welcome to the News and Gameplay discussion. Have any interesting news about upcoming events? Want to talk about the game in general? Here's your thread!

Here's a quick FAQ

What Exactly is Love Max

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! is an update to the vanilla version of Arcana Heart 3. Think of it as a very large balance patch for Arcana Heart 3. The characters, arcana and system mechanics have all been balanced, and the stages and music from Arcana Heart 1 and 2 have been ported to the new game!

Why exactly should I care?

For better or worse Arcana Heart 3 was a very different game from previous versions, for instance the homing system. The free homing system (and by association the new low homing pressure that some characters could take advantage of) was viewed on a basic level as "too scrubby" for some older players (shots fired), and hard to deal with for some newer players. This system has been refined to make this pressure weaker, but still effective. There have also been balance changes for every character, and a lot of questionable move properties are now gone (i.e. Heart EX Tekken Punch being air unblockable for whatever reason, or 2F Suki :v) and new utility given to characters to help them cope with situations they had issues with before. Examu was quiet for a while, but it turns out they actually were paying attention to AH3, and this is their answer to the problems.

What type of game is Love Max!!!!!

AmiAmi summed it up best. Heartful 2D battle action.

Who is handling the port:

ArcSystem Works

What Systems is it coming out for:

Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita

How much will the game cost:

¥6800 Retail (PS3/PSV)

¥6800 Digital (PS3/PSV)

Will the game be available digitally:

Yes. (Source: Famitsu article I don't remember the link to)

Will there be a LE/CE/Arcade Stick:

Currently unknown. All that is up for order currently are regular editions.

Can I pre-order a physical copy:

Yes! Currently AmiAmi Play-Asia has the game listed for both PS3 and Vita

Amiami

PS3: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0010870

PSV:http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0010871

Play-Asia

PS3: http://www.play-asia.com/arcana-heart-3-love-max-paOS-13-49-en-70-7juj.html

PSV: http://www.play-asia.com/arcana-heart-3-love-max-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jul.html

Will the netcode be good:

The screenshots that we have seen from the Famitsu scans show a shot from ranked play. It looks like AH3/ASW ranked online mode. So if asw online play has been good to you in the past, it should be a good experience with Love Max!!!!!

Edited by Tigre

I hate to triple post but I added links to a handy form and spreadsheet in the op for finding players for netplay when the game drops, check the op

Maid swings? Do you mean Fiona?

I'm not super versed on Fiona but she's more or less the same -- she has some new combo routes which give her better damage and oki. Biggest change is that generally the top tiers got nerfed and the system changes (addition of Extend Blast, minimum homing height requirement, et cetera) benefit her.

Yup, Fiona would be my main since AH1. I know she hasn't been the best character, but I always worry that she ends up forgotten, untouched, etc... That and I'm hoping her Sacred moves are easier to hit (but not TOO easy) while still doing ridiculous amounts of damage. But I can dream tho.

And I seem to be having issues with the sign-up form in the first postFixed, but I did pre-order it; although, I'll be waiting about a month after release for it ¬ A¬

Edited by M19Kamikaze

Kamui j.C hitbox is expanded.

Also, this morning we got word from Examu that we're allowed to do an English restream of Examu Cup later this month!

The restream is going to start at ~10PM EST 3/21 on our twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/teamtigre !

Kamui j.C hitbox is expanded.

Kamui got a lot of buffs that help her neutral, mix-up and combo stability. She's probably solid A tier right now (pretty strong)!

This pleases tiny SoBa . . .

Hmm, if there is no special edition I might just get the digital version this time around. And maybe I'll actually learn the game .__.

I think there will be a LE, but we have no details on it!

I think this version of AH3 will ultimately be much easier to learn since a lot of the random BS was removed and the system is a bit more forgiving in a lot of instances.

By random BS I think he means like dumb broken stuff that was broken for no reason (Like Elsa, Lilica, and Zenia unblockable set ups). Just the BS that made you scratch your head and curse at the game for allowing such things to happen, yet your character not being able to do said BS.

What's considered random BS in AH3? Other than the Luck Arcana.

If you're not doing something that would be classified as bullshit in every other fighting game, you aren't playing Arcana Heart 3 correctly.

To be honest, the most of the random BS has been removed from AH3LM - the unblockable resets have been fixed, and a lot of the weird character stuff has been addressed. That much being said, pretty much every character is good in LM and there is a lot of stuff that will blow people up if they don't know how to deal with it (the aforementioned Luck Arcana). That much being said, Luck is not that good if you know how to fight against it, but its made slightly better with the Luck Arcana Eclipse in LM.

I would say just pick a character and figure out what's strong with them. General strong Arcana choices are Love, Thunder, Wind and Sacred in LM.

Whoah there, Sacred is actually viable now? The existence of such useless Arcana was bugging me forever.

Nope! Clarice received pretty much only buffs -- she's currently top 2 in the game. lol

She still gets the same amount of damage, roughly, even with the system-wide HP buffs. Her slashes now hit 3 times and it doesn't seem to affect damage scaling at all, really. Her j.1C was sped up and now it can be used as a combo move and it's even better for mid-screen cross ups. They also added the ability for her to detonate her circle super, which gives her another great option during a clash or to prevent the opponent from mash.

She's super strong right now!

Edited by nadakaineko

Yup, saw that pop up on Amiami over the weekend, links added to the FAQ post