Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

Speaking of Sacred, I did actually have a friend ask me if it was magically not useless anymore and I figured they at least gave it a good Eclipse, but I couldn't find much info on it. Good to see they did actually fix it.

Wow this is definitely awesome news. Glad I came in to check. The question I have about it would be, are there any plans for a localization as with the previous version?

Either way I will definitely look into it. I always loved this game even if I was the most terrible Heart ever.

Yeah, Daverost. Sacred got a good amount of buffs, the least of which was fixing the bug with the passive E moves and Extend Force. They improved the projectiles and made the EX flash much better. It also got Spirit Shotgun, which was used heavily when AE was introduced, but not as much now (probably since it's not very good as a combo ender and doesn't give you too much).

A localization would be nice, but there has been no announcement of it yet. Don't rule it out though! As many have noted, despite the PSN outage, US AH3 outsold ASW's expectations, so I'm sure they are interested in localizing it and putting it on PSN!

Yeah, well, I'd would like to see how different both versions will go, and yeah, a localization wouldn't be too far off, considering what nadakaineko said, if and when they do it (if possible) I just hope they bargain price it around the same price ($30) or lower (Or probably SG:Encore style for those that already have the US Digital version of AH3, get a product key for Love Max, but I know that's probably not gonna happen. >_>)

But who knows, all we can do is wait...

Main reason SG:Encore is free is that the original got taken down due to publisher issues. The same changes were likely to be included in a free update like SDE if it had the chance to.

Also Mike Z is one generous dude.

Edited by Delrian

Or probably SG:Encore style for those that already have the US Digital version of AH3, get a product key for Love Max, but I know that's probably not gonna happen. >_>
This is a completely different situation. You're not getting LM for free. lol.

Also, Sacred is a real arcana now. So is Fenrir. It was beyond weird seeing people end combos in Fenrir super lol

Yeah, Just a thought, we know that's not gonna happen, but still looking forward to it anyways if and whenever it comes by overseas.

Yeah, it's still strange to see some of the underused Arcanas in AH3 actually getting used in LM, haha.

I think the biggest change is the usage of Tyr and Fenrir. Tyr isn't actually bad in AH3, but it's underused, and Fenrir was formerly bad and now it's pretty good. lol

I still like that, even with it's nerfs, Wind is still one of the best Arcanas in the game.

Wind's pretty much the Magneto Arcana, so it needs to be strong or else its base concept isn't really working. Pushblock into whirlwind trap certainly helps too.

OutlawVinegar -- nice to see you! Long time no see! :)

What did you mean by "nonexistant"? She got a bunch of changes to her damage values and she doesn't get meterless advantage/oki anymore. She's not a bad character, but she was definitely weakened from AH3 to AH3LM and she's probably near the bottom of the cast now, sadly. :(

Don't forget the damage nerf for Konohas Critical Heart.

I don't exactly agree with some of her nerfs but fuck that Critical Heart damage needed to go.

OutlawVinegar -- nice to see you! Long time no see! :)

What did you mean by "nonexistant"? She got a bunch of changes to her damage values and she doesn't get meterless advantage/oki anymore. She's not a bad character, but she was definitely weakened from AH3 to AH3LM and she's probably near the bottom of the cast now, sadly. :(

Haha, I honestly didn't think you would remember me! I've considered opening up conversation with you for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to create an awkward situation where you'd say "who is this guy?". Maybe we can make a team at a Major again or something, I'm definitely a stronger FG player than I was a few years ago.

She actually got nerfed hard? That's surprising, I thought she was always a consistently strong High/Mid character, and when the initial LM changelogs were posted I remembered people saying "this character is largely unchanged". Kind of a disappointment, really. Her Critical Heart was admittedly really dumb and could have used some tweaking, but it's sad to hear that her 'Level 3' or strongest attack got the damage cut. Hopefully it still has utility.

The biggest issue she has now is that her damage output is low and she doesn't get meterless oki/advantage like she did in AH3. That much being said, all her buttons are intact, so she's still great there, it's just her minimum hits to kill is probably +1 compared to the rest of the cast (rest of the cast is 3-4 hits, so she would be 4-5 -- Zenia and Clarice are 2-3 hits).

dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/819/819494/

Dengeki posted an article about the console port. Highlights:

After Story - (Think Another Mode or whatever the hell it was called in Kusopazza), something something hot springs something something.

Survival Mode - It's survival mode, idk you can figure it out.

Time Attack - ^ only time attack instead of survival mode.

Trials - Now you can be the Wiki player™

Also another confirmation that there will be a digital version at the bottom of the page.

I wonder if Aksys is going to even bother with this. I don't think AH3 Vanilla sold well at all here, though it probably had a lot to do with its extremely poorly timed release right before the PSN hacker outage.

And a lot of people, myself included, weren't happy at all with how they didn't do a physical release and refused to bring over the 360 version. Both of which their European counterparts delivered on.

Aksys says ah3 sold greater than expectations. No 360 release was because of Microsofts rules about digital only game release sizes for games that have no disc release. No physical game release is because it's a much safer release than printing physical copies (cheaper too which is good for a niche game). Could they have released a physical copy? Sure. It's not nearly as safe a move as digital only. Tl;Dr game sold well enough in the US. Blame Microsoft for no 360 release

Funny you should say that, I'd be surprised why there's even a game page for AH3 on the XBLM. (Even though it never released 360 ver. in the US anyways in either retail/digital format. >_>) http://bit.ly/1kUr9kf

Oh, and A.P. isn't shit, to you that is maybe, but I find it good right in between A.H. the same way too. But that's discussion totally different for the appropriate topics. Well, other than that, the wait for "Love Max" will still be long ahead. >_>

It was a joke, deal w/ it nerd.

I have no idea what's up with that microsoft listing, Microsoft has always had dumb rules about digital releases (Remember when SoTN got special treatment to break the (I believe) 200MB cap on download games? Good times) and the rules when AH3 were that download only games could not be as large as the game was without having a retail disc release. You can't really fault Aksys for not wanting to take a gamble on printing discs for a niche game.

Also the wait for LM isn't that long. We waited pretty much half a year waiting for an actual announcement for a date, two months is a drop in the bucket means at least we have a target date (for PSN to go down again for three months)

It was a joke, deal w/ it nerd.

I'm not laughing, and no I won't, and :eng101:<-?, seriously, no, I'm not.

I have no idea what's up with that microsoft listing, Microsoft has always had dumb rules about digital releases (Remember when SoTN got special treatment to break the (I believe) 200MB cap on download games? Good times) and the rules when AH3 were that download only games could not be as large as the game was without having a retail disc release. You can't really fault Aksys for not wanting to take a gamble on printing discs for a niche game.

Also the wait for LM isn't that long. We waited pretty much half a year waiting for an actual announcement for a date, two months is a drop in the bucket means at least we have a target date (for PSN to go down again for three months)

Well, that's risks that some publishers would have to take anyways. But oh well, hopefully a chance one day to play L.M. sometime, guess its still back to vanilla AH3 for now.

So just a reminder: Nadakai and myself will be hosting the official English restream for Examu Cup starting at 10PM EST on Friday over at twitch (www.twitch.tv/teamtigre). We will be commentating Arcana and AP as far as I know. We will also be answering questions on the game, and I guess demonstrating stuff idk we'll figure it out

I'm hype, I hope I can make the stream and check it out. (If I'm not busy with stuff, of course.)