Tigre

[LM] News & Gameplay Discussion

At this point in the game [with there only being about a month till release] you might as well just wait for Love Max!!!!! unless you have money to toss around like that~! .o.

Petra is definitely a changed character, her command dodge isn't nearly as safe anymore (EFC no longer works) and she got hurt by the low air homing change too, just like the rest of the top tier. That said she's still an incredibly solid character.

I don't know that I'd call her the "beginner friendly" character, Weiss/Heart are probably easier for a new player to understand.

As far as getting/playing AH3 before Love Max- anything you learn from AH3 will carry over in some shape or form. If you have extra cash to spend, or know someone with a copy and you want to go in, go in. If you want to play Petra you're going to need to learn how to be aggressive and how the homing button works,

Is her 236X hitbox still huge, invisible, and COMPLETELY FUCKING STUPID? I hate that move.

As long as Petra can AA with 2A and get infinite gun reload spam with the meter system, she'll probably still be decent. Maybe not as good as current but I doubt she'll drop to bottom tier or anything.

You guys have no idea how excited I am for this game. So much, in fact, I did a speech about AH3/LM to get more people to play it. And it actually got people interested.

IS IT MAY YET!!?

Altho, looking at Yoriko's changes, I wonder what the logic behind changing her j.3/6/9Cs were. 

Is her 236X hitbox still huge, invisible, and COMPLETELY FUCKING STUPID? I hate that move..

Why are you pressing buttons at that range? There is no reason to get hit at that range by that move. Petra has some scary moves, 236x is not one I'm particularly frightened about. If you're using your movement options and thinking it's not bad to deal with.

Also, like I said Petras dodge game has been nerfed. She's still a perfectly fine character, she's just not as strong.

Eh, Petra lost a lot of momentum in LM -- she's still okay but she's nowhere near as strong as she is in AH3 vanilla. As for 236X, it's an annoying move, but you just gotta watch out for it! Same goes for j623X!

As for Yoriko spit changes, she currently has 5 jump normals mapped to the C button (j.C, j.[C], j.3C, j.6C and j.9C) and trust me, there is A LOT of input overlap with it. Changing spits to be BC will help Yoriko mount a better offense without having to worry about accidentally spitting.

Eh, Petra lost a lot of momentum in LM -- she's still okay but she's nowhere near as strong as she is in AH3 vanilla. As for 236X, it's an annoying move, but you just gotta watch out for it! Same goes for j623X!

As for Yoriko spit changes, she currently has 5 jump normals mapped to the C button (j.C, j.[C], j.3C, j.6C and j.9C) and trust me, there is A LOT of input overlap with it. Changing spits to be BC will help Yoriko mount a better offense without having to worry about accidentally spitting.

You can't "watch out" for it because YOU CAN'T SEE IT. That's the joke. I don't think I've ever seen an actual hitbox for that move either so I literally have no idea where it hits, how long it's active, etc. If she's doing 236X you basically have no choice but to block no matter where you are on screen because it might hit you for massive damage otherwise (it also happens to do a ton for a projectile attack).

Probably won't be as annoying with her other nerfs though I guess.

236X is generally two to three characters lengths in front of her. If you notice the other player using that move a lot, just be aware of the range (it is a bit deceptive!). Also don't go flying right into it -- you can wait till it's just about done and then get Petra on the recovery. Just keep in mind that she can cancel into EX bullets charge from the recovery, and from there she can freely go into BC Dodge. Keep that in mind too!

I didn't know you needed to see where the hitbox was to know where to not go after some testing. This is user error.

Don't know where it is? Check training mode. Want to figure out how to beat it? Check training mode. Want to check the startup time? Check training mode -OR- check the wiki (arcana.mizuumi.net) that has frame data from the mook. A good Petra is not going to waste their time trying to catch you with a potshot 236x. Those bullets have a lot more use in neutral with ricochet shots, or in combo with 236x.

Petra is a top tier character in AH3. It's not because of 236x. It's her stupid low homing pressure, stupid damage conversion, how safe dodge can be made. It's not often I see a player get caught by that raw. For Love Max we hope to have hitboxes up on the wiki, but that depends on how the game is packaged....

Don't forget the damage nerf for Konohas Critical Heart.

I don't exactly agree with some of her nerfs but fuck that Critical Heart damage needed to go.

How much damage does it do? Anybody want to make a screenshot? The video on Youtube doesn't help because the Critical Hearts are being used on low health characters. I want to see it done on full health. Do you mean it does too much damage without extend force?

236X is generally two to three characters lengths in front of her. If you notice the other player using that move a lot, just be aware of the range (it is a bit deceptive!). Also don't go flying right into it -- you can wait till it's just about done and then get Petra on the recovery. Just keep in mind that she can cancel into EX bullets charge from the recovery, and from there she can freely go into BC Dodge. Keep that in mind too!

The ground version is okay because you can generally just go up and around to be safe. It's the air version that gets me, I'm pretty sure that shit is just a huge square of red that covers the whole screen because I've gotten hit by it in lots of silly ways.

It may not be the reason she's top tier but it sure as hell doesn't help.

How much damage does it do? Anybody want to make a screenshot? The video on Youtube doesn't help because the Critical Hearts are being used on low health characters. I want to see it done on full health. Do you mean it does too much damage without extend force?

In AH3, it does 13,800 (CH) and 16,800 (XH) raw, and it's been heavily reduced so that the XH version does around 8,000 (iirc) raw, making it more or less useless. The important thing is that the damage was heavily reduced -- some players still use it as a finisher though.

The ground version is okay because you can generally just go up and around to be safe. It's the air version that gets me, I'm pretty sure that shit is just a huge square of red that covers the whole screen because I've gotten hit by it in lots of silly ways.

It may not be the reason she's top tier but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Yeah, again, just be aware of it and if the player likes to use it. Remember, if they are doing the air version, they pretty much have to spend some form of meter to make it safe or reload, so you can take advantage of that.

Not directly related to AH3LM, but I'm going to be doing a netplay room stream tonight with commentary! Feel free to drop by and ask questions about AH3 and AH3LM if you're interested! I'll post here again when I start -- should be around 8:30-9PM EST.

Hmm, if that's legit, I think I'll wait on importing, since the JPN ver isn't coming in anything special and this would be a physical release .o.

Aksys does a physical release for Arcana Heart in the US? Guess times have changed. Looks like they're either ignoring the Vita version or it will indeed be download-only, though.

Still not canceling my JPN preorder. The US release is coming out after classes have restarted, when I won't have enough time to play it anymore. I don't care about the story content of this series, and considering their recent efforts, it's likely that Arc/Aksys are going to completely botch the localization in some way again.

Aksys does a physical release for Arcana Heart in the US? Guess times have changed. Looks like they're either ignoring the Vita version or it will indeed be download-only, though.

Still not canceling my JPN preorder. The US release is coming out after classes have restarted, when I won't have enough time to play it anymore. I don't care about the story content of this series, and considering their recent efforts, it's likely that Arc/Aksys are going to completely botch the localization in some way again.

As far as I understand it, the reason the US version didn't get AH3 physically, or on 360 at all, was a rights dispute with the European publisher of the game. It's been a while, so I forget where I read that, but it was something like the EU publisher secured western release rights period, and all that could be negotiated for was a PS3 digital release.

If that's the case, I severely doubt it will be the same as last time.

I've heard other reasons, but it's all hear-say.

At least this time we can buy a physical copy, just in case PSN shits itself again.

Aha, I managed to get it before the PSN outage happened . Still no online play though.

Still this is rad. Wonder if there'll be any dubbing or anything like that. I was going to go half on it wit ha friend but we might just wait for NA physical.

Well, if anything like how BB:CP was back in its early days of pre-ordering in the US, I would think AH3:LM on amazon there is (possibly) legit too, But yeah, placeholders and all, we'll wait from them when they'll put a press release up.

Other than that, the fact that its coming out at $40 kinda clenches it for me a little bit since the Original (albeit only Digital in the US) was $30, but hey, at least a hard copy for those that need it. And updates to the game as well. Oh, and I'd be surprised that there would be the Vita release later down the line, like they're doing for CP here too (at least overseas).

AH has never been dubbed, so I wouldn't hold out on that. There are a few reasons as to why, but it's probably not worth going into.

Can't wait for both the Japanese and NA release!